Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 198753 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #870 on: March 6, 2008, 08:56 PM »
Post 88 Figs that I would take...if they aren't on the list...Don't want em...Don't need em...(this is my personal list mind you, no offense to anybody else's list)

Night Viper
Recoil
Stalker (Tundra)
NightForce: Repeater, Muskrat, Shockwave
Freefall
Undertow
Big Ben
Desert Scorpion
Red Star (we are getting him)
Super Sonic Falcon
Dusty and Sandstorm
Wet Suit (v2)
Big Bear
Wild Bill (v2)
DEF Cutter

But that is about it...

I am not going to let Indy knock Joe out...Indy has such a short life (despite Hasbro's claims) I am going to just snag them while I can.  It is actually SW that takes a back seat this year, somebody wake me up when they make an OT figure...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #871 on: March 6, 2008, 09:27 PM »
What year was Lowlight?  I'm thinking Hasbro could knockout an incredible LL right now...

I'd add to your list a little I think Paul, if I were into the line...  Probably not too much.  Your ideas covered a lot of the best designs.  Big Ben was almost a necessary guy, I mean being a brit commando and all...  Brit's deserved a commando figure.

They've got a ton left yet pre-88 though...  Airborne, Ripcord...  Lots of pack-in figures too like Cutter, Deep Six, etc.  Hell, there's no Zap yet.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #872 on: March 6, 2008, 10:52 PM »
The first Lowlight was 1986, he was a sweet figure!

Another great Wal-Mart find.
Flash, Snow Job, Crimson Guards x2 and some Cobra elites troopers. It seems WM & Target are restocking these at a faster rate.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #873 on: March 6, 2008, 11:55 PM »
I'm almost caught up on my carded set. I picked up Flash tonight, leaving just Snow Job to find. Curiously, SJ is the only figure I've never seen at retail. He disappears before the CGs do around here.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #874 on: March 7, 2008, 08:53 AM »
Some of those figures you guys mentioned would be ones I'd be tempted to pick up still as well.  Some of the ones that I remember having as a kid, specifically Dusty, Blowtorch, Barbeque, Bazooka, Airtight and Cutter.  Those would hold some nostalgia for me, remembering those from my childhood.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #875 on: March 7, 2008, 09:16 AM »
Post 88 Figs that I would take...if they aren't on the list...Don't want em...Don't need em...(this is my personal list mind you, no offense to anybody else's list)

Night Viper

This was one of my favorite figures back in the day.  I don't recall seeing him in the cartoon, but that never stopped the love.   :D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #876 on: March 8, 2008, 04:12 PM »
Found a bunch of w5 figures today and it looks like Hasbro has cleaned up the Joe logo a bit by making it extra foil (e).  Not sure of the word, but it's almost mirror like now as compared to some of the older figures.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #877 on: March 9, 2008, 12:05 AM »
Our very own Darth Rock (Matt) just hooked me up with a Cobra Commander from w6. Man, is it sweet.

The card is very mirror-like as well. It looks a lot better this way.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #878 on: March 9, 2008, 12:45 AM »
Saw Snake Eyes vs. the red ninjas at TRU today, but passed.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #879 on: March 9, 2008, 09:55 AM »
I was going to pass on the Ninja set too.  However, after seeing it on the shelf I couldn't resist.  I think the Snake Eyes and Ninja Leader are very cool.  The other 3 Ninjas are a lot like the original release but still cool.  I wouldn't mind having some more of just the Ninja Leader but 3 of the regular Ninjas from the set is enough.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #880 on: March 9, 2008, 10:17 AM »
Picked up my Rock 'n Roll at TRU. Only Joe figure I picked up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #881 on: March 9, 2008, 04:29 PM »
Wal-Mart, TRU, and Target all got a crapload of Wave 6 over the weekend, and WM's stock is almost completely sold out already (except Serpentor, naturally).  Target still had several CGs and CCs this morning, but TRU still had practically everything except the IG Destro.  Odd that all three stores would have such varying levels and kinds of stock when they got the same things at the same time. 

No sign of the TRU five packs yet.  I may end up getting the Cobra Night Watch set, but I have this sinking feeling that all I'm going to see are the Red Ninjas staring back at me for months on end once my TRU finally gets their stock in.  Are the Ninjas and CNW sets shipping in the same cases?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #882 on: March 10, 2008, 04:05 PM »
FYI - I had a major Joe haul at my TRU today keep an eye on your local ones.
I picked up both exclusive 5 packs (Ninjas and Nightwatch), x2 Crimson guards, CC in armor, Flash, Cobra enemy and a Cobra air trooper for army building.

They had plenty of wave 5 & 6 for all with some leftover wave 4. This was the biggest Joe stash I have ever seen at once. I liked both BP better than I thought. I am a sucker for Ninjas.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #883 on: March 10, 2008, 06:38 PM »
Quick question for those here who may have gotten a later release of the Cobra Officer.  Do the more recent cases' CO's have a hole in the back of the figure?  I ask because I'm seriously considering picking up another Cobra Air Trooper and swapping out his gear/helmet with an Officer to get a non-comic colored version of the CAT, but didn't want to waste money on another CO when they weren't rereleased with a backpack hole.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #884 on: March 10, 2008, 06:52 PM »
Drilling the hole wouldn't be too hard if you really wanted that Dr. P.  Just match a bit up to the diameter of the pack's peg and drill with a steady hand, voila.  Just a thought is all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77