Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 198452 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #900 on: March 18, 2008, 03:59 PM »
All of these lists just puts a big smile on my face.  I hope Hasbro is listening and starts cranking out more great characters before this line is put into the grave.

At the rate this line is selling I am not sure they will bury it........
This stuff is flying off the shelf. The only duds are wave 1 comic packs.

I cannot wait for June, my first love from when I was a kid is finally being made into 100% accurate "animated style" plastic(insert joke here):

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 04:00 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #901 on: March 18, 2008, 04:22 PM »
Wow, that blows the first Lady Jaye out of the water...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #902 on: March 18, 2008, 04:32 PM »
All of these lists just puts a big smile on my face.  I hope Hasbro is listening and starts cranking out more great characters before this line is put into the grave.

At the rate this line is selling I am not sure they will bury it........
This stuff is flying off the shelf. The only duds are wave 1 comic packs.

They'd at least have to put it on hiatus as they did with the Transformer Classics so that the movie toys have time to sell.  I can't see Hasbro selling 2 Joe lines at the same time, but we're talking about Hasbro now aren't we so never mind what I said.

Wow, that blows the first Lady Jaye out of the water...

Ya...and I just shelled out $15 on eBay for that piece of crap.   ::)   I only need Snake Eyes v1 and Flint to finish off my carded collection, but they're going for $35-$55 respectively.  ick
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #903 on: March 18, 2008, 05:35 PM »
I looked at GIJOECLUB.com and didn't see that pic... anyone got a direct link to the page she's on?  Are there other new figures in whatever wave she's in?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #904 on: March 18, 2008, 07:13 PM »
That Lady Jaye is awesome.  I'm glad I waited and didn't buy the first version which I didn't care for. 

I still can't get over some of the prices these figures are getting on eBay.  Makes me wish I'd speculated a bit on them.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #905 on: March 19, 2008, 09:28 AM »
I'm kind of glad I waited/passed on the first Lady Jaye as well, I like this 2nd version better as well - and want to pick up some of the DVD packs for the episodes anyways.  I received a Tomax/Xamot comic pack via HTS yesterday.  It was the only one I haven't seen at retail, and I really wanted to have those characters - so thanks for the heads up on that earlier Mikey.  I'll likely be slowing down on this line now, just due to there being so much other stuff out there - but I hope to still pick up a figure here and there, as long as they are doing characters that are familiar to me from my childhood.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #906 on: March 19, 2008, 10:33 AM »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #907 on: March 19, 2008, 11:13 AM »
Maybe it's the lighting, but I think the face looks horrible on that new Lady Jaye.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #908 on: March 19, 2008, 12:40 PM »
Maybe it's the lighting, but I think the face looks horrible on that new Lady Jaye.

For real, I know Hasbro likes to reuse parts, but one of the last things I thought they would recycle was the monkey leia visage.

Lo and behold!

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 01:37 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #909 on: March 20, 2008, 02:27 PM »
I dunno... I don't think it looks that bad?

Anyways, I saw the Cobra Night Watch pack at TRU today.  It looks really cool, but I passed.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #910 on: March 21, 2008, 06:30 PM »
Picked up a Crimson Guard/Scarface comic pack at TRU.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #911 on: March 21, 2008, 10:09 PM »

Seriously, that is one ugly mug.  I didn't know Lady Jaye was a lazy eyed monkey woman.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #912 on: March 22, 2008, 02:30 AM »
You know what I'd like to put on that body?  A Bombstrike head.

Speaking of such, if there's one "new" character that made it into the new movie, make it her!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #913 on: March 24, 2008, 03:28 PM »
Is there a site out there that has a round-up of all the QnA's like we have here and on Scum?? I know of only a few Joe sites and it's hard enough to find their own QnA's..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #914 on: March 25, 2008, 03:06 PM »
For all of the LJ haters here is another shot. The other shots are very early proto shots that are getting tweaked.

I am not sure about Joe Q&A's but here is a breakdown for 2008:

G.I. JOE vs. COBRA 3-3/4-inch Entertainment Battle Packs
(Approximate retail price $19.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: June 2008 with additional waves throughout the year)

Images from the classic 1980s G.I. JOE cartoon series are captured in the new battle packs, which include a 5-episode mini-series DVD and 3 to 4 highly articulated 3-3/4-inch figures pulled from these episodes. The five packs slated for June release are: The MASS Device, Weather Dominator, Arise Serpentor Arise, Pyramid of Darkness, and G.I. JOE Fan Favorites.

G.I. JOE vs. COBRA Vehicle Assortment
(Approximate retail price $14.99: Ages 5 & up; Available: June 2008 with additional waves throughout the year)
G.I. JOE fans regularly state that “more vehicle offerings” is at the top of their product wish list. Due to the success of the 25th Anniversary line of 3-3/4 inch figures, their wish will be granted, with the introduction of vehicles to the G.I. JOE vs. COBRA battle. In 2008, this new vehicle line will update and upgrade several of the fan-favorite 80s vehicles, such as COBRA CLAW and Armadillo TANK vs. Serpentor’s Chariot.

G.I. JOE vs. COBRA 3-3/4-inch Single Packs
(Approximate retail price $5.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: Now, with additional waves throughout the year)
In 2008, Hasbro will launch seven waves of action figures -- featuring 40 figures in all -- throughout the year. The figures include a base stand featuring the character’s name and are designed with high levels of articulation to provide kids hours of interactive fun with their favorite G.I. JOE characters. The action figures are also packed in vintage 80s-style packaging.

G.I. JOE vs. COBRA Comic 2-Packs
(Approximate retail price $9.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: Now, with additional waves throughout the year) One of the most popular comics of the 1980s returns to the toy aisle with brand new stories written by G.I. JOE legend Larry Hama. Each G.I. JOE vs. COBRA comic 2-packs comes with a full-sized comic, along with two 3-3/4-inch figures designed to look just like their comic iterations. Twelve unique packs -- each containing two figures -- will arrive at stores throughout 2008.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/