Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 198622 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #960 on: April 3, 2008, 01:05 PM »
I found v1 SE, v1 SS, v1 Lady Jaye, and Beachead today at Target which were still on the non glossy foil cards.  To think I was almost going to plunk down $50 on eBay for SE w/grey pup.   ::)

Good news for folks who are late in the game.  Hopefully these weren't just returns, but I highly doubt it as you could more than get your money back on these online.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #961 on: April 3, 2008, 01:23 PM »
Odd, I saw a series 1 Storm Shadow at a Wal Mart yesterday.  Maybe some straggler cases are making their way out.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #962 on: April 3, 2008, 02:15 PM »
Saw the $6.84 price increase at a second Wal-Mart today...  ::)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #963 on: April 3, 2008, 05:49 PM »
Saw the $6.84 price increase at a second Wal-Mart today...  ::)

Still $5.99 at Target, but I'm sure they'll catch up to WM soon enough.

Question about the Night Specter...Wasn't it a submarine type vehicle in the 80's (forgot it's original name)  The back of the box says that the GI JOE Night Specter swoops down to strafe Cobra Forces.  I guess it kinda looks like a tiny plane type thing, but I still thought it was an underwater vehicle.  Plus the color is more of a muted black such as both of the first SE colors are.  I swore I saw pics somewhere and this thing was a deep black?

The decals on the H.I.S.S. look like they're extremely easy to remove, in fact mine are peeling off the vehicle.  Mine also has "factory" damage marks on it which I'm sure aren't intentional.

The Striker looks like a fun Joe vehicle.  Kinda funny seeing the Cobra trooper's legs on Crankcase's body.  Hell, this entire line is fun to figure out which part was reused for what body part.

..Also, all 3 of my vehicle boxes and the plastic windows were really beat up for being fresh out of the case especially considering I was the one to open it.  Not that I'm going down that road with the vehicles as I am with the carded figures though.

Still can't believe these are $9.99 a pop with the Target coupon that's just insane.  There has to be an error in pricing on these things.  Especially on the H.I.S.S.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #964 on: April 3, 2008, 06:13 PM »
The Night Specter was the S.H.A.R.C. and it was an underwater vehicle.  Came with Deep Six.

It was repainted a couple times since then including once as the Sky Sharc when it was vac metalized in silver. 

Edit: I just looked this up and it was released in 1988 as the Night Shade although it was still a water vehicle at time.  It was black and part of the Night Force team.

E...
« Last Edit: April 3, 2008, 06:17 PM by efranks »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #965 on: April 3, 2008, 06:55 PM »
Odd, I saw a series 1 Storm Shadow at a Wal Mart yesterday.  Maybe some straggler cases are making their way out.

They must be, I came across WAVE 1SE and SS today too at Target. I picked them up for a coworker who pondered on collecting them and asked me to pick them up if I ever saw them at retail again. So I did, and guess what? He did not want them - a very dick move I must say. Pissed, I knew how much they sell on ebay for so I flipped them in 10 minutes after posting making $32.19 profit on top of the investment.  I am not a scalper but I am a capitalist. In this particular situation and taking into account my recent BS Target employee dealings, I was not taking them back. I already have doubles of each so I was not keeping them either. Not bad for being stuck I must say.

I wonder if Yellow Stalker will resurface?
« Last Edit: April 3, 2008, 06:57 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #966 on: April 3, 2008, 08:08 PM »
Did you get a good look at Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow?  Rumor has it they have Fixed Crotch in this "refresher" wave...

I'd love to know. If anybody finds a Fixed Crotch Snake Eyes with Wolf, let me know, I am looking to replace the first one.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #967 on: April 3, 2008, 10:00 PM »
Picked up a third set of vehicles for my same friend today. The more I look at the Night Specter, the more I just frown on the whole line in general. Sure, it might've been cool in the 80's but now the thing looks ridiculous. I'm not too keen on the blue color on the HISS tank, so if I get some for myself I would have to fix that, contrary to what I said earlier. Not too sure how I would do that... CHEWIE, do you do commission work? I'm sure you could make a HISS fit with Star Wars figures quite well, and I'd be willing to pay you to make it happen.

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #968 on: April 3, 2008, 10:42 PM »
Hey Paul,

I got the "silent" issue that you sent me.  Thank you very much!  :)  Boy, they kind of butchered a classic comic.  It's the exact same story, but done in different art.  Kind of a waste of time if you ask me.  I would've thought that Hama or whoever would've denied something like that.  Guess I was wrong.  Oh well.

Thanks,
Jeff

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #969 on: April 4, 2008, 09:57 AM »
TNI has a look at the international Joe cardback (Wild Bill), which features Flint, Scarlett and Beachhead on it.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #970 on: April 4, 2008, 12:07 PM »
Finally tracked down the Fixed Crotch Hawk today.  I went to Target in search of that V2 Snake Eyes with the Fix....also my Target had NONE of the exclusives..

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #971 on: April 4, 2008, 02:40 PM »
Picked up a third set of vehicles for my same friend today. The more I look at the Night Specter, the more I just frown on the whole line in general. Sure, it might've been cool in the 80's but now the thing looks ridiculous. I'm not too keen on the blue color on the HISS tank, so if I get some for myself I would have to fix that, contrary to what I said earlier. Not too sure how I would do that... CHEWIE, do you do commission work? I'm sure you could make a HISS fit with Star Wars figures quite well, and I'd be willing to pay you to make it happen.

Fixing the blue paint on the HISS probably wouldn't be too tough... regarding making it more of a Star Wars looking vehicle, it's probably possible, though I'm not sure with the treads how it would look?  I almost see it as more of a Tatooine type vehicle, with the cockpit area not appearing as glass, but more or less a small window... we could certainly discuss it, though I rarely am able to do commissions these days due to time restraints.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #972 on: April 4, 2008, 03:06 PM »
Is anyone going to the GI Joe Convention in Dallas in June?  I just finished booking my flight, hotel and convention yesterday and I can't wait form June 25th.

So far I haven't purchased the Target exclusives.  I'll probably wait for the June release of the black Hiss and Rip-it.  The silver Grand Slam looks cool and I'll probably cave.  I noticed they retooled the foot pegs on the Hiss and AWE Striker.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #973 on: April 5, 2008, 12:51 PM »
My Wal-Mart has cranked the price on the single carded Joes up to 6.84, making them even more expensive than Star Wars now.  Of course, WM hasn't actually stocked the Joes in about a month or so, so it's not like they're going to see much of a return on those 6 Serpentors in the coming weeks.

Target steadfastly refuses to pull out their exclusives, Joe, TF, and SW (see the Order 66 thread in the 30AC section for that particular story), so at this point, I'm wavering even further on the SHARC...excuse me..."Night Spectre", due to the fact that I don't know if my Target will actually stock them when they do get them, or if they'll just go straight to the clearance aisle because "it's not time for them to be set yet."  ::)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #974 on: April 5, 2008, 01:47 PM »
I'm in the same boat. Both local WMs have the prices ramped up to just under $7. One has exactly two figures- a Cobra Commander and Serpentor. The other has ten pegs chock full of wave 4 that didn't move at $4.88 and sure as hell won't move now.

Target also refuses to put out any of their exclusives until next weekend, but I'm OK with that. I'd rather have a fair chance at them then have someone wipe out the entire stock by using the DCPI. Not a dig against anyone here, it's just how I feel.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk