Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 198846 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1215 on: June 12, 2008, 01:35 PM »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1216 on: June 13, 2008, 12:44 AM »
Sideshow Snake Eyes is up for pre-order.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1217 on: June 13, 2008, 01:03 AM »
Ordered the Sideshow exclusive version of Snake Eyes.  Way too expensive but if I passed and missed out then I'm sure I would be paying more down the road. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1218 on: June 13, 2008, 02:08 AM »
I gotta say, I liked Deep Six as a kid, but in the toon he was a much more "mobile" guy in the big deep sea suit, and so I'm disappointed they didn't seemingly update him in the slightest there. 

And Joe guys getting a repaint of a vehicle already. :)  I'd be pissed I think, but at least this is the version that you should've gotten the first time.

The Firebat and pilot is just amazing.  I remember the one my brother's Terror Dome came with, and how you could order extras to make a swarm of them.  I think I got one at a flea Market and loved the thing...  They looked good around the Night Raven.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1219 on: June 13, 2008, 02:20 AM »
So, they're making Deep Six, and they've already made Torpedo, they must make Wet Suit next.  :)

(Wet Suit v1 was my favorite Joe as a kid.)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1220 on: June 13, 2008, 08:51 AM »

The new vehicles were found at a K-Mart on the East Coast.

Let's give credit to Hiss Tank for that news, even though they edit out the JD.com links everytime something generates over here....

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1221 on: June 13, 2008, 09:26 AM »
Sideshow Snake Eyes is up for pre-order.

$119.99 is just stupid for this.  Sideshow's prices on their 12-inch figures are getting out of hand.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1222 on: June 13, 2008, 09:31 AM »
$120?  Goo.  I hadn't noticed the price when checking out some pics this morning.  I was half tempted to order it, but not at that price.  They're just getting too expensive for someone on my budget (not that I've picked up many anyways, just saying).  It does look pretty spiffy though, I'll say that.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1223 on: June 13, 2008, 12:53 PM »
I just noticed that the SS Snake Eyes is up but I can't get on the site right now.  It's set up for the SDCC pre-order at 1:00.  I'll look later.  But, yes, $120?  F that.  Now we know what we can expect for Darth Vader, I guess.  You know there's no way they're going to charge less for Vader if they're getting $120 for Snake Eyes.

I have pre-orders up for Indiana Jones, Obi-Wan in armor and I'm on the wait list for Lara Croft but those three are ridiculous also.  I passed on Aayla and have passed or cancelled all the recent figures except ANH Obi-Wan which is an amazing piece.

But now they're getting into the RAH price range and it's not worth it to me.  I don't know if their prices have significantly increased or if they're just getting greedy now.  Whichever, I'll stick to the 3" unless they put out the AT-AT Driver which is my guy.

And Jesse, on the Deep Six front, that figure is all new with new articulation.  He's not as articulated as the rest of the 25th figures just due to the suit, but he has swivel shoulders, elbows, swivel wrists, and knees.  I think his hips might move too but I'm not positive on that.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1224 on: June 13, 2008, 02:08 PM »
I'm such a hypocrite.  I just pre-ordered Snake Eyes.  I finally got in and saw all the detail and accessories on it and ordered it.  Plus it's not shipping till first quarter 2009 so I have time to save/cancel.  If it was shipping this year I'd probably pass.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1225 on: June 13, 2008, 03:19 PM »
And Jesse, on the Deep Six front, that figure is all new with new articulation.  He's not as articulated as the rest of the 25th figures just due to the suit, but he has swivel shoulders, elbows, swivel wrists, and knees.  I think his hips might move too but I'm not positive on that.

Really?  That picture looked like a pretty straight re-release of the vintage figure to me...  They hid the joints well then, that's cool.

Will he have the floating feature the old one had?  That would really be a neat throwback.

Paul, no Hisstank credit here!  >:)

;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1226 on: June 13, 2008, 04:56 PM »
120.00 is insane. I dont think i would even support star wars at that price.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1227 on: June 13, 2008, 05:58 PM »
No mention of the floating feature on the S.H.A.R.C.  The write up in the newest newsletter also mentions that he can grasp things with his hands but I don't know if that means articulated figures or not.  It sort of looks like it in the photos but it may just be because his hands are built open so things will fit in them.

E...

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1228 on: June 14, 2008, 01:30 AM »
Finally saw a Copperhead Vs. Shipwreak comic pack.

Jeff

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1229 on: June 15, 2008, 05:37 PM »
K-Mart is still pricing their Joes at $6, which is amazing. I found some more wave 8 there and decided to get the Cobra Commander from this wave, just because he has that weird accessory and the silver stripe on his helmet.

I had already found and purchased the rest of the wave at WM and TRU.  ::)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk