Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 204423 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1455 on: September 15, 2008, 08:57 PM »
Just getting ready to toss my packaging on the jets....Of notice is the inclusion of the W.H.A.L.E., Moray, Skystriker, and Night Raven.  Hmmmmmmm.  Sounds like some good versus packaging as they've done with the Target jets.

Please?   :-*
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1456 on: September 15, 2008, 10:56 PM »
To me, the Skystriker will always be GIJ's jet of choice, but since I'm guessing you won't see a Skystriker any time soon, may I suggest looking for the Power Team Elite F-16?  The Conquest X-30 is cool but I found it and its pilot a tad obscure...  Plus it's a later-release.  I think Ace would've moved onto a more modern jet by now though and the PTE plane, with the right paintjob, fits the bill I think.

I've not seen these jets in the Pittsburgh area but I had both so it'll be neat seeing them again.  Loved teh Rattler and VTOL wings/jets.  It was apparantly the most versatile Warthog in the world since it could keep up with the Skystriker in every way.  Then again so could trouble bubbles.

Inasmuch as Slipstream is the only Joe from Utah, I'll probably have to pick one of these up. 
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1457 on: September 16, 2008, 12:03 AM »
Is he listed as a Mormon on his bio?  That would rock...

I seem to recall Steeler having a very eastern european last name since everyone from Pittsburgh is Polish or Slovak or whatever.  I always loved the hometown guy and wished we'd gotten someone other than a vehicle driver in the basic line at some point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1458 on: September 16, 2008, 02:05 PM »
I doubt he's a Mormon.  Facial hair is strongly discouraged.  Probably one of those gentile Episcopalians that run around in Provo.

Now I'll definitely have to pick one up just so I can explore the issue of Slipstream's religious affiliation in one of my award-winning photonovels.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 02:13 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1459 on: September 16, 2008, 04:31 PM »
I know this isn't really the place for it (in that it's a custom and not an official figure), but here's a little something I just finished for Paul. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1460 on: September 16, 2008, 05:46 PM »
That's a great looking custom.

Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed that both my WM and Target have been sitting on figures a lot longer then they were earlier in the year.  I guess Hasbro finally got to the point where they are meeting the demand better.  Hopefully they haven't reached a saturation point like they have with the SW figures where lines start backing up due to peg warmers.

I wouldn't say that any of the figures I"m seeing are "hot" but they aren't bad figures.  Plenty of Wild Bill, Flint, Duke (who really needs a break from the line), some versions of Snake Eyes and some other misc characters here and there like Torpedo, Rock 'n Roll and Cobra soldiers.  The latest wave, with Bazooka and the others is around for the most part. 

The comic packs, however, have really been sitting.  That newest wave, IMO, was kind of a dog.  The Tripwire figure is nice but the other 5, eh.  I'm not a Cobra La fan and the Falcon isn't that good.  Another Destor and an army builder...wasn't worth it to me.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1461 on: September 17, 2008, 12:19 AM »
Funny you mention comics...

Thanks to my Target source, look for $8 comic 2-packs at Target starting the 21st I do believe it is...  Dunno what you guys want or need but the packs going on sale mean I may nab a couple for custom pieces for SW and whatnot.

By the way, great Falcon custom...  GIJ customs should stay here probably so long as they don't overtake the thread.  Ultimately a GIJ customs thread could just be made if that's the case though I suppose.

Anyway, just a heads up and thanks to my Target source for keeping you GIJ guys in mind. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1462 on: September 17, 2008, 01:52 AM »
Thaks for the info, Jesse.  If they're still around when the sale hits I might pick up that Duke/Red Star set for the Red Star figure.  Maybe another CG/Cobra Officer set.

Anyone know when the next wave of DVD Battle Packs is supposed to be hitting retail?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1463 on: September 17, 2008, 02:10 AM »
I'd like the set with RedStar too but only for the PPSH he comes with...  A great gun from WW2 that the military lines haven't made yet.  Be nice in the hands of one of those IJ Russian goons.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1464 on: September 17, 2008, 08:21 AM »
I shared the News with Hiss Tank...giving JJ credit...taking votes as to when they remove the JD.com reference...

I've got 8:05 Central.

JJ, if all you want is the PPSH...I've got you covered..I have a couple extras. 

As far as the sale goes, Take your Target Ad to Wal Mart for price match and help them clear out the log-jam that is their Comic Packs too...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1465 on: September 17, 2008, 09:12 AM »
Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed that both my WM and Target have been sitting on figures a lot longer then they were earlier in the year.  I guess Hasbro finally got to the point where they are meeting the demand better.  Hopefully they haven't reached a saturation point like they have with the SW figures where lines start backing up due to peg warmers.

I wouldn't say that any of the figures I"m seeing are "hot" but they aren't bad figures.  Plenty of Wild Bill, Flint, Duke (who really needs a break from the line), some versions of Snake Eyes and some other misc characters here and there like Torpedo, Rock 'n Roll and Cobra soldiers.  The latest wave, with Bazooka and the others is around for the most part. 

The comic packs, however, have really been sitting.  That newest wave, IMO, was kind of a dog.  The Tripwire figure is nice but the other 5, eh.  I'm not a Cobra La fan and the Falcon isn't that good.  Another Destor and an army builder...wasn't worth it to me.

E...

I was going to mention that here as well.  At Target and WM in particular here, the pegs are much fuller than they've been at any point in this line before.  WM is still the same ole stuff (Stalker, Cobra Troops, Buzzer, etc.) that has been there for awhile, but Target seems to usually have a decent supply of newer stuff.  Last time I was there they had figures like Bazooka, BBQ, Hawk, Duke w/jetpack, and Torpedo).  I wonder if its a case of better supply getting out there, if people aren't as interested in some of these characters (although I don't know why), or the price hike that is slowing things down.  Not that I'm complaining though, for much of the year the pegs were basically just bare at Target and TRU (with WM having just a ton of those same figures for a long time now).  The DVD sets seem to be sitting more here locally as well, at least so far.

Offline jedi_shadow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1466 on: September 17, 2008, 06:52 PM »
Thaks for the info, Jesse.  If they're still around when the sale hits I might pick up that Duke/Red Star set for the Red Star figure.  Maybe another CG/Cobra Officer set.

Anyone know when the next wave of DVD Battle Packs is supposed to be hitting retail?

E...

You could buy it now and then get a price adjustment next week when the ad is released.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1467 on: September 17, 2008, 11:46 PM »
JJ, if all you want is the PPSH...I've got you covered..I have a couple extras. 

Thanks Paul! :)  As always you rock...  That PPSH looks rockin' and my Commies need something other than the lame Tartar rifles I got from Golden Compass figures.  It's no Nagant but it just has to act as filler for now I guess.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1468 on: September 18, 2008, 12:40 PM »
Not sure if this has already been seen or not, but YoJoe has carded front and back pics of Wave 11.  I see that both MASK and VENOM are mentioned on Matt Trakker's filecard.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1469 on: September 18, 2008, 01:13 PM »
Nice.  Anyone know when these are shipping and is this the "Internet exclusive" wave I've been hearing about?

more crap  Wasn't the Moccasin supposed to be blueish or whatever color like the vintage version?  Not diggin the green.   :(
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 03:36 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN