Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 198107 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1545 on: October 27, 2008, 01:06 PM »
Beachead/Mainframe & Hardmaster/SE comic packs are up at HTS.  No sign of the Scrap Iron set though.

**edit 12/01 ship date.   :-\
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 02:10 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1546 on: October 27, 2008, 02:46 PM »
I've already got a copy of Hard Master/Snake Eyes, and Mainframe in hand.  All the figures are nice, but Mainframe is both the most cool and uncool at the same time.  He comes with a small carboard sheet that has two 3 inch floppies and a pair of old school 8 inch floppies that you can cut out.  Old-tech for the win!  The drawback is that he has Spirit's hands, and as such can't hold anything in his left hand really.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1547 on: October 28, 2008, 09:44 AM »
Yesterday was a big Joe day for me. I received my case of Wave 10 from EE (I actually got the Clear Wraith figure in the case to my surprise)., Firebat, Hiss Tank and a Bat.

Wave 10 is great:

The Paratrooper: A very well done non vintage figure, I really, really dig this figure. Tons of detail with a few surprises.

TF Duke: Better than I thought the new arms are a welcome change. He looks really good & not hokey.

Mutt & Junkyard: Outside of the strange overlapping elbows a perfect figure. Nice headsculpt too!

Croc Master: Awesome figure with a really dumb Croc. The Old sculpt was better.

Bazooka Cobra Trooper: Another perfect example of making an old sculpt cool again.

Wraith: I cannot comment on the figure as I did not open him or study the detail. Is this really going to be that rare to find?

I love this line more than Star Wars right now. I hope they are able to squeeze in a few more guys like Monkey Wrench, Life Line, Some form of Slaughter, Footloose, Dial-Tone & Wet-Suit. I can already see the end on the horizon with the upcoming BP that is missing the RAH logo/American flag VvsV ultr crappy reissue that's coming our way. It's a prelude to the sell out International PC for the World movie that bastardizes what the brand really is. I am so tired of this forcing of globalization down our thoats. G.I. Joe is and always will be a Real American Hero.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1548 on: October 28, 2008, 09:53 AM »
Does the Paraviper's guns attach anywhere on him?  He's not going to jump holding them in his hands, so they have to be secured somewhere - the question is where?  Right now I have the long sniper rifle on his back underneath his airhoses and the small automatic gun tucked under his front parachute.  It looks fine but they're not too secure. There has to be a better way.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1549 on: October 28, 2008, 12:08 PM »
Does the Paraviper's guns attach anywhere on him?  He's not going to jump holding them in his hands, so they have to be secured somewhere - the question is where?  Right now I have the long sniper rifle on his back underneath his airhoses and the small automatic gun tucked under his front parachute.  It looks fine but they're not too secure. There has to be a better way.

I did not see anyway "official" to store the guns. That's the biggest flaw with the figure.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1550 on: October 28, 2008, 02:02 PM »
I don't follow too closely but have you seen these yet?

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 02:18 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1551 on: October 28, 2008, 02:12 PM »
Thanks for the pic Jay!  VERY HAPPY to see that the Moccasin isn't green like BBTS had it shown.  Was also getting worried that the Skyhawk was going to be clear...for some reason. 

Can't really tell, but I hope Hasbro didn't cheap out on the stickers for these.  My Rattlers all look like **** because of it.   >:(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1552 on: October 28, 2008, 04:19 PM »
I am very happy to see the Skyhawk is a new tool. The extra detail really shows and I am really digging the Pilots with both sets. Copperhead looks bad ass!

Rattler stickers really do suck, every time I look at mine I have to pres the stickers back down. I wonder if Hasbro offers replacements........

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1553 on: October 28, 2008, 06:58 PM »
Rattler stickers really do suck, every time I look at mine I have to pres the stickers back down. I wonder if Hasbro offers replacements........

Ya, I've been on the fence about ordering a repo set from CobraStickers.com (especially now since they're in stock) or there's some dude in Mexico that's been making these sets.  Kinda silly though considering the price.  I'm doubting Hasbro will get around to it, but I sure hope they learned a lesson from this.  They're bearable on the Conquest for the most part, but no dice for my favorite jet.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1554 on: October 28, 2008, 08:23 PM »
OK I'm at a loss here but why are the names on vehicles changing?  Like why isn't htat the Watermoccassin, like it should be?  Any particular reason, or just Hasbro being dumb?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1555 on: October 28, 2008, 10:22 PM »
I don't know the whole story, but there was apparently some legal entanglement involving which entity owned copyrights and/or trademarks on various items.  It's also the reason you're seeing things like "Clutch" being renamed "Double Clutch," and the rank designations added to various characters (e.g., "Sgt. Rock n' Roll").

I'm tellin' ya...lawyers suck.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1556 on: October 28, 2008, 10:42 PM »
Yeah, buncha ******' financial vampires...  Good thing nobody around here's that successful. ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1557 on: October 29, 2008, 09:09 AM »
I'm tellin' ya...lawyers suck.

I agree (especially class action lawyers) That's why I do not want one as President.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1558 on: October 29, 2008, 09:52 AM »
Paul, get in here and defend our profession.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1559 on: October 29, 2008, 10:56 AM »
Paul, get in here and defend our profession.

;D