Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196069 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1740 on: December 16, 2008, 06:13 PM »
Gah, lame repaints...  Especially the conquest.  I always hated seeing Cobra with Joe vehicles redecoed.  That never made sense to me.  The Rattler makes some sense because it's essentially an A-10 but I just never really cared for the sharing.  Too bad they didn't do something different.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1741 on: December 16, 2008, 11:32 PM »
I might spring for the Tiger Rat. I have a soft spot for Tiger Force vehicles. Not sure about the Conquest. I might get it for the Viper included.

Of course, I'd sooner buy the FANG and CLAW set that's already out, if anyone wanted to stock it locally.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1742 on: December 17, 2008, 12:15 AM »
I saw that once and never saw it again.  It is a darn good deal though so I see why it's moving pretty good.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1743 on: December 17, 2008, 09:45 AM »
Just ordered up Matt Trakker and Dataframe/Beachhead comic pack from HTS.  I'm not expecting to find Trakker in stores and the comic pack was cheaper online than in my local stores.

Was hoping Mutt and Airborne would come in stock but they aren't.  Passed up on one of the three in-stock DVD sets for now.  Still hoping to find them in stores.  Kind of hate buying online and having to pay shipping but I don't have much faith in my Target and Walmart.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1744 on: December 17, 2008, 09:56 AM »
I'm kind of tempted to grab that Beachhead comic pack from HTS as well, maybe if its available next time I place an order.  Those comic packs really look like a deal at HTS, where the single carded figures are $7.99, but you can get the comic packs for just $2 more.  I got shipping confirmation for my Blowtorch figure as well, so hopefully that will be here before long.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1745 on: December 17, 2008, 10:00 AM »
If you're a Blowtorch fan I think  you're going to like that figure.  I checked him out when I found him the other day and he looks well done.  I had him as a kid and he was okay, but I was never a huge fan so I didn't buy the new one. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1746 on: December 17, 2008, 01:19 PM »
Maybe check your local KOHLS stores for those new comic packs, mine have had them for at least two weeks now.  I picked up Beach Head/Dataframe and the Scrap Iron sets.  Pretty cool.

Regarding the UBP, I saw one the other night that not only had the head missing on Steeler, but the neck post was broken off too.  Really looked terrible... I haven't seen any Joe figures even do that.  I almost asked a manager if they'd take a discount on it (the box was damaged too) but I figure they'll be on clearance after Christmas anyway (if I even want one).

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1747 on: December 17, 2008, 03:18 PM »
Funny...I've also seen a UBP with a mangled Steeler head.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1748 on: December 18, 2008, 12:33 AM »
I bought a FANG and CLAW set yesterday, which brought back lots of memories.  Strangely, the CLAW is a resculpt (it's smaller), and it lacks the landing gear and some articulating pieces.  Still looks okay though.  The FANG is great except that the red pieces are more like dayglow red/orange, so I think I'm going to repaint them.  Applying the stickers to the FANG brought a chuckle; there's "caution" and "warning" stickers all over the place. Would a terrorist organization bother with so many warning stickers?  :P
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1749 on: December 18, 2008, 12:37 AM »
More ironic is that the FANG is a death trap in the first place...  The stickers really must apply tot he REALLY bad **** on it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1750 on: December 18, 2008, 01:06 AM »
I'm still pretty surprised that they produced the Conquest as the first fighter jet for the new line.  The Sky Striker was THE identifiable jet fighter for the Joes.  I'm guessing that the size didn't make it a viable option.

However, I did see that someone had customized some other toy line's F-22 in Sky Striker colors.  And truth be told it looked pretty good!  I wonder if Hasbro might do something like this?  Maybe for the new movie?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1751 on: December 18, 2008, 01:29 AM »
That's a Power Team Elite vehicle...  Very cool, and large for the price.  I highly recommend nabbing it if you see one.  Like their A-10, they make cool replacements to original Joe vehicles.  The Skystriker rocked at the time but that plane's not even in service IIRC, so I'm kinda in the camp that a "newer" looking jet would make more sense...  That's to me though and I don't collect anyway.  If you get the PTE plane I believe it comes with boarding ladders and maybe a chute for the pilot too?  I think TRU sells them but under a different brand/name than Power Team Elite.

The Skystriker was definitely the coolest jet in the GIJ line to me though.  Loved the seats/chutes and just the size/heft of the toy too.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1752 on: December 18, 2008, 01:46 AM »
Yes, the F-14 which was the basis for the Sky Striker has been retired.  At least from active service with the US Navy.  I think that if they still have parts for the planes, the Iranian military may be one of the only countries still flying the F-14. 

I know there's a really cool F-18 out there now that would be perfect for the Joes line, too.  At least that jet is operational with the US military at this time.

As for my own interest?  I'm just an interested observer at this point.  I collected Joes back in the 80's and I'm getting set to sell off my vintage stuff.  I couldn't bring myself to buy the anniversary line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1753 on: December 18, 2008, 07:21 AM »
HissTank has some pictures of the movie Baroness and Breaker from the movie.  Baroness looks pretty good, but the head is kinda Rocky Dennis.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 07:23 AM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1754 on: December 18, 2008, 11:14 AM »
I saw those last night too.  Some people at RS are saying they are fakes (and bad ones at that)... I think they look legit though.  Baroness does look pretty nice like you said.