Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196085 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1845 on: January 31, 2009, 01:26 AM »
Looks like 2007 wave 4 is being released again. I found a case of them at my local WM, as if they didn't have enough trouble getting rid of them last year.  ::) They were on the new cards, so they weren't old stock.

I saw Destro, Duke (w/bad arms), Roadblock, Storm Shadow, commando Snake Eyes, and Scarlett.

I've been seeing that wave everywhere this past week as well - odd, but nice for those late in the game.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1846 on: January 31, 2009, 05:10 PM »
I found them at Target this week also.  And while it may be good for collectors trying to catch up, it's ridiculous that these are hitting so frequently yet my local stores are skipping newer waves.

My Target never got the wave with Tiger Force Flint, Python Patrol Cobra Officer and other figs, we never got the wave with Cobra Para Trooper, Wraith and Croc Master or the wave with the Cobra Eel, Cobra Flint and Matt Trakker.

We finally got some refresh wave that did have Mutt, Tripwire, Airborne and the two Dreadnok figures and now we got this repack case.  IMO Hasbro should worry more about getting new product to market, not backtracking to help out latecomers.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1847 on: January 31, 2009, 11:06 PM »
January is up now.  I know, I know.  You can thank me later.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1848 on: February 2, 2009, 10:57 AM »
Also, HissTank has a look at what the packaging will look like for the upcoming "Hall of Heroes" line for the Joes.  I wonder what the pricepoint on these, which look to be essentially repacks in new packaging, will be.

$9.99.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1849 on: February 2, 2009, 11:58 AM »
$119.99 for the case of 10 at EE   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1850 on: February 2, 2009, 01:47 PM »
Also, HissTank has a look at what the packaging will look like for the upcoming "Hall of Heroes" line for the Joes.  I wonder what the pricepoint on these, which look to be essentially repacks in new packaging, will be.

$9.99.

E...

I see they are now up for preorder at HTS (they say shipping 4/20).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 25th Anniversary Line
« Reply #1851 on: June 1, 2010, 08:08 PM »
Saw a few of these at Tuesday Morning on Saturday for $3.99 - haven't really cared enough to check Marshall's, but I like stopping in every few months to check for TF knock-offs and other odd toy finds.  R.I.P. Big Lots

Bazooka
Snow Serpent
Major Blood
Hawk

Also, HissTank has a look at what the packaging will look like for the upcoming "Hall of Heroes" line for the Joes.

Anyone here actually pick up a set?  I kinda still want them, but I've pushed them aside all this time so it's probably too late to snag them at a decent price.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: June 2, 2010, 01:23 AM »
I've been hunting Family Dollar and Big Lots the last few days.  At BL I picked up 2 Cobra Bazooka Troopers, Cobra Paratrooper, Zartan and Scarlett in her blue pilot outfit, $4 each.  Probably should have snagged the second Paratrooper but I'd already spent enough.  They also had a bunch of Matt Traker and one Airborne.

At several different Family Dollar stores I was able to score some Cobra Soldiers (red mask) and two BATs the other day.  I found a FD that had just restocked and there were multiples of the Snow Serpents, BATs, Cobra Soldiers and Wraith (no clear) along with some Joes like Tripwire.  If I get a chance to stop in that store again after payday I may pick up some more army builders and a Wraith.  $3 at FD.

I stopped in another Target on Saturday and picked up three more ROC Ice-Vipers and a Duke Desert Assault for $2.45 each.  I almost picked up some additional Duke figs for head swaps but didn't...I did pick up 2 Scarlett Desert Assault figs for swapping heads, though.  I'm hoping the local store drops the prices again this week and if they do I'll probably pick up some Duke in reactive armor for customs, but we'll see.

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1853 on: June 2, 2010, 01:32 AM »
Hey Eric,

Contact me privately if you've got some parts from the figs you're picking up you don't want.  I'm particularly searching for sunglasses, "brief cases" (the cases with the tubes with handles) and the green glow stick things...  Most of that junk comes with that one Baronness figure I think.

I figure if you don't want any of it, I'm interested.  *shrugs*

I gotta pop off at Family Dollar and see what's doing there.  Those are like fly **** here, but I never stop in them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: June 3, 2010, 02:03 PM »
Anyone here actually pick up a set?  I kinda still want them, but I've pushed them aside all this time so it's probably too late to snag them at a decent price.

I always hoped to get this line as well, and I did pick up Snake Eyes (v2) and Storm Shadow just to keep carded for the heck of it.  A lot of the others are tempting since the figures are slightly different as well, and I'm still kind of tempted to get more.  Anyways, BBTS has some of the singles (only a few) still in stock - and on clearance - and I think they still have a whole set available for around $99.  I don't know if that's a good enough price or not, but I just thought I'd pass it along.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1855 on: June 13, 2010, 05:50 PM »
Keep checking those Family Dollars- between the two local stores, I scored 6 BATs, 3 Snow Serpents, and 1 each of Bazooka and regular Wraith. I also saw Barbecue, Battle Armor CC, and Tripwire.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: June 13, 2010, 06:50 PM »
Keep checking those Family Dollars- between the two local stores, I scored 6 BATs, 3 Snow Serpents, and 1 each of Bazooka and regular Wraith. I also saw Barbecue, Battle Armor CC, and Tripwire.

HOH versions?  I've completely forgotten what 10 or 12 characters that were included.   :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: June 13, 2010, 07:29 PM »
Oh, no. No HoH stuff. Just the regular stuff. I assume these cases I found were a revision of wave 9 or something.

I personally skipped the HoH figures. I just couldn't see paying $10 for figures I already had.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: June 25, 2010, 01:20 PM »
Also, keep hitting TJ Maxx/Marshalls. I scored a clear Wraith, Croc Master, and some wave 2 classic Combat Heroes there today.  :)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: June 25, 2010, 01:53 PM »
Also, keep hitting TJ Maxx/Marshalls. I scored a clear Wraith, Croc Master, and some wave 2 classic Combat Heroes there today.  :)

Does that seem to be a restock or do you think that's the first time your store had them?  My local TJ Maxx had this wave a month or longer ago but sold out.  I didn't think that they usually got restocks on this type of stuff.

I found the Wraith wave at Family Dollar but no clear Wraith.  I did pick up a couple BATs and a handful of Cobra Soldiers.  One store I went in had 6 or 8 of each.  Probably should have picked up more when I was there but passed, and they sold through.

E...