Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 196057 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 25th Anniversary Line
« Reply #1890 on: December 16, 2010, 03:14 PM »
Question for all you weapons gurus...

The Cobra Trooper from the 25th anniversary line comes with a rifle.  Anywhere I can get a bulk of these (perhaps a dozen or so)?  I checked Marauder and didn't see them...

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: December 16, 2010, 03:18 PM »
You're probably looking for the Dragunov sniper rifle. A small version of that was included with the 25th Cobra blue shirts.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: December 16, 2010, 03:24 PM »
That's similar to it, yeah.

It's this one that I'd like to get a few more of:

I've be fine with all black... they did that later on in the line anyway:

« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:25 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: December 16, 2010, 05:46 PM »
Marauder does make a "Dragonov" rilfe: http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/Detail?no=13

I don't know if he spells it incorrectly on purpose or not.

Edit for boneheadedness.  I didn't see that Greg had already linked to Marauder in his post.  So, yeah.  Marauder's rifle is a little different than what Hasbro has made, but it is in a style that is actually available for the Dragunov.

E...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 05:48 PM by efranks »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: December 16, 2010, 08:36 PM »
Marauder does make a "Dragonov" rilfe: http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/Detail?no=13

You bonehead! I pointed that out already!

Edit for boneheadedness.  I didn't see that Greg had already linked to Marauder in his post. 

Ah, good catch.  ;)

I'll be honest, I think the rifle with the 25th Cobra Trooper is a piece of crap. It always felt flimsy and brittle, and it looks too small and thin. I preferred the AK-47 and Viper rifle much more.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1895 on: December 16, 2010, 11:23 PM »
Hey E,

I believe he does, as weapon manufacturers actually license them...  For instance, 21st Cent. Toys paid for the "Thompson" name when used, or Dodge for the Weapons Carrier when they used that...  I believe I recall the same issue of licensing coming up on the use of "Barret" for the .50 sniper rifle from a BBI figure.  That's actually a more common thing than people know.

Our one question in the Q&A even pertained to this issue, and Hasbro simply borrows from reality and doesn't consider their gear scale representations and such.  Interesting wording there I thought.

And the Dragunov Sniper Rifle at Marauder Inc. is quite cool, I highly recomend that piece...  I prefer just arming up Cobra soldiers with Kalishnakov's of different variety though, since Dragunov's aren't all that practical by comparison for footsoldiers.  I just dig AK's and things for the grunts.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: January 6, 2011, 01:10 PM »

Woot!  Won the above group of those rifles I wanted on ebay for less than $10 shipped!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: January 16, 2011, 04:25 PM »
Saw a bunch of $2 & $3 army builders at TJ Maxx today, but I think I've already had my fill so I left them.  Para-Vipers, Wraiths & swimming dudes...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: January 21, 2011, 08:35 AM »
Just saw this JoeCon 2011 Mission Brazil II Box Set at BBTS.  I have not seen this before so I thought I would share

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1899 on: May 8, 2011, 01:13 PM »
Received my bagged Dial-Tone from the Club this weekend. I have to admit- it's great to have, but this figure might have been a pegwarmer were he to be included in the 25th line.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: May 9, 2011, 03:16 PM »
I just didn't have it in my to fork out $40 for an uncarded Dial Tone - hopefully he'll get re-released somewhere down the line, but life will go on without him.  I did cave on tfcc Sideburn though.  Still way overpriced like DT, but much better value imo.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: August 10, 2011, 11:42 AM »
Recently I bought a few Joe items for my son from jeditaz... so, I gave him the 25th Doc yesterday, and he literally screamed when he saw him. He has been talking about getting Doc for months now and was so excited.

I am also saving a Fang (he already has one, this will give him a second one for his "army") for a few weeks from now as a surprise for him when his baby sister is born. That way when we get home with her, he'll get that and maybe the new Skystriker so he realizes that even though we have a new baby, he's still just as important.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: August 10, 2011, 12:35 PM »
I've been finding 25th stuff at T.J. Maxx again.  Found the Sharc, Vamp, Firebat and Trouble Bubble/RAM Cycle sets for $9.99 each and single carded figs for $3.99.  The assortment seems to be the Para-Viper, Bazooka Trooper, BAT, Mutt, and Tiger Force Duke.

I picked up the Para, Bazooka and BAT at Marshalls and added a second BAT at a second store.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: August 10, 2011, 01:04 PM »
Ya I pick up BATs anytime I see them at those discount stores...Have my fill on all the others though.  Odd that this stuff is still trickling down the pipleline.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: March 23, 2018, 02:28 PM »
Quick question for everyone, what are the details on a 25th styled Cutter (and is he tough to get)? I was going through some Joe stuff this week, and realized I didn't have a modern Cutter. He was one of my favorites as a kid, because the WHALE was one of the only bigger Joe toys I had as a kid (and one if my favorites). I know one was made at some point (and was maybe a TRU exclusive), but I wasn't sure of the details.