Author Topic: Direct to Consumer 2005-2007  (Read 32428 times)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 4, 2005, 03:38 PM »
I was able to find wave 7 finally.  I picked up Boobstrike/Croc Master at TRU and Gung Ho/Viper at WM.  I'm done with Joes for now unless I come across Bazooka/Torch.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005, 12:56 PM »
Good to hear the 3 3/4 line is coming back, even though it will just be online.   The repainted Humvee might be worthwhile, but I'll pass on the comic three pack of Zartan/Zarana/CC in armor and the single Scrap Iron.  The packaging looks good for him, but the figure looks goofy to me.   

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2005, 01:11 PM »
I saw that this morning as well, and it is good to hear that the 3 3/4" line is going to continue...at least in some aspect.  I don't really collect Joe, but was into it a fair amount when I was younger, and the 3 3/4" line is what I knew and grew up with.  Anyways, I agree, I'm really digging that packaging on those first items...the Scrap Iron on card really harkens back to the 80s days, I like it.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2005, 02:55 PM »
I found two cases of single-packed VvV Joes at two different Dollar Generals in the past couple of days.

Sand Vipers, Tele-Vipers, Storm Shadow w/out Action Attack, an all-black Snake Eyes (not that cool 80s inspired one, however), an all-black Baroness (based on that horrid blue one), Ace, Stalker, Dusty, and Kamakura. Oh yeah, there's a Night Creeper too. :)

Best part is these are $2 a crack.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 6, 2005, 02:10 PM »
Master Collector has new pics of upcoming stuff, including the rest of the single packs and the next comic 3-pack that isn't the one we've already seen.  :D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: May 6, 2005, 03:25 PM »
I kinda dig Spirit, and a medic Viper is cool...  Mutt's, eh, and why isn't Junkyard mentioned really?

That isn't Scrap Iron in my book.  The 3-pack version is far superior.

And that Barrage guy I'm just not familiar with... 

Interesting though...  The comic 3-pack looks cool with Flint and Tunnel rat.  May be a purchase there.  I nabbed the one with Firefly just because it sparked so many memories when I saw that near perfect Firefly figure...  He rocks!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 6, 2005, 05:09 PM »
I'll pick up the Spirit and possibly Mutt if his mask comes off.  I would have liked him to have a helmet.  I will probably buy the CG and Medi Viper also.  I really want that comic pack 76.  The Hawk and Flint blow away all other versions of both characters IMO.  Overall, I'm impressed by what Hasbro is doing.  I'll place some orders at the convention next month. 

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2005, 02:40 PM »
Need some help from Joe collectors.  I collected for a short time and have acculated roughly 100+ loose figures. Most from 2001-2003.  I plan on putting them on ebay and wondered if I should list them all seperately or list them as the two packs I received them as. 

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2005, 09:06 AM »
Anybody going this weekend?

I'm excited to see pics of the latest Comic Packs and the Un-Hiatus 3 3/4 line.

I ordered the Non-Attending Package, so I'll the Figures, I am just mad I'll have to pay 2nd-ary prices on the Vehicles.

I also saw the Imperial Procession and WInter Ops set at TRU. NOT THAT IMPRESSED.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2005, 10:55 AM »
I didn't realize you were a Joe fan Paul...

Is their con this weekend? 

It's funny how a toy line, not even tied to a film or anything, has its own yearly con, haha.  :) 

That Winter Ops set is terrible...  Had they done something where they took like Snowjob's body and put a Snake Eyes, Duke, Flint, etc. head on it, painted it in the classic cartoon style (and packed in just a white Snowjob figure), then that would've been a real Snow Ops set.  Try to pattern it after the cartoon, ya know?

The Imperial Procession is weird too...  I like the Baroness, and CC is ok looking...  The throne's lame though, as are the guard figures, and the accessories...  Just strange.

An Oktober Guard set would do well I think if you could get them all in one 6-pack...  I think another Cobra Trooper set (and a Snowserpent set) would go over well if done right also. 

Joe is a tempting line at times, especially with all the retro stuff. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2005, 11:05 AM »
I may have to drop by the con this weekend to check it out.  I've never been to a Joe Con before, so I might as well go since it's nearby.
The big problem I have with the TRU exclusive 6 packs is that the figures look nothing like the painted art on the package.  The greenshirt figures would have been much better if they wouldn't have had those goofy heads.  The Winter Ops set would have been better with the white Snow Job body on the figures instead of the blues and blacks.  The Anti Venom Lifeline would have been better if he looked like his artwork.  Sometimes I wonder just what the people at Hasbro are smoking.  They never execute things as well as they should with Joes or Star Wars.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2005, 04:14 PM »
I was really looking forward to the Imperial Procession set until I saw one in person, and all the figures were pink.

I'm not sure about the Winter Ops set. I think I'd rather save the money for the single-packs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2005, 06:09 PM »
I agree totally on the Greenshirts John C.  Their heads are incredibly weird...  Not to mention that, and this maybe seems an odd reason to some (especially as a Joe complaint), but in the military I think goatees and beards are frowned upon unless you're told to grow one (as is sometimes the case in the Middle-East).

Weird reason to hate those headsculpts, but to me they were being rather goofy about giving everyone a 90's kinda update with the facial hair when the Greenshirts in the cartoon were really just regular looking army guys...  Young faces, no facial hair...  They looked like strict military.  They should've just done a variety of clean shaven guys and maybe one chick greenshirt (would've been neat I think) out of the 6 that used the original Scarlet's body or something.

And I don't know about you guys, but I'd sooner buy 6 guys that look like Snowjob with different heads than buy 6 guys I couldn't pick out of a lineup EXCEPT the Snowjob.  I mean, who the hell  is the transluscent guy even?  I don't recall a Joe equivalent to Zartan but, whatever.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2005, 04:27 PM »
TNI's coverage of the Joe Con.

Lots of new single-packed figures here, like Major Bludd, Range Viper, Snow Serpent, Footloose, and Salvo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2005, 05:51 PM »
Snowserpent looks great.  Almost identical to his original, right down to snowshoes and an AK.  That's sweet.

Major Blood, though not the greatest/cartoony enough for my taste, looks pretty good.  I like the Cobra Night Ops set.  People will go nuts for that.