Author Topic: Direct to Consumer 2005-2007  (Read 32421 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2005, 03:04 AM »
 I want to buy two of each of these single packs, yet I couldn't even afford the Wookiee Flyer when I saw it this week.

:(

Then that awesome Cobra Night Ops set, the new HISS tank, the Dreadnok comic pack...

It's too bad Hasbro couldn't do this kind of work when the line was at retail. They probably wouldn't have had to switch to Sigma 6.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2005, 04:06 AM »
Looks like the Moray Hydrofoil is available.

Too bad it's a Joe vehicle with a green marbleized top now. I think I'll get one to repaint.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2005, 12:46 PM »
I'll pick one up when I see it at TRU.  Repainting it and using it as a Cobra vehicle is no trouble for me.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2005, 12:45 PM »
I didn't realize you were a Joe fan Paul...

Oh, my Joe Collection at its height exceeded my Star Wars collections (both vintage and modern) combined.

I sold the Flagg when my wife said I couldn't turn it into a "Coffee Table" at our first house...

The new stuff looks good, I ordered the MORAY from AMAZON on Saturday and it will be here on Wednesday.  Can't wait for that. 

Sigma Six still looks like dreck.  I like the Cobra Night attack 6 pack and the Black Crimson Guards (wait that doesn't make sense).  The heavy weapons will be a wait and see and I will pass on the BATS.

The comic packs continue to be the highlight for me (except the devil's due one, that one is a PASS for me).  That Zartan is impressive and the Flint is "closer" to the Flint that I wanted in 1985.  I jones over that card art on the back for an entire ROAD trip my parents took us on, only to end up with GUMBY Head Flint...oh well, it will be good enough.

I am just glad they didn't kill the small joes.  Even if Online is the only place to get them.  The fun of the Hunt is gone, but so is the hassle.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2005, 04:06 PM »
Taking a look at some of the pics TNI has up from the GI Joe convention, it gets awfully tempting to start picking up some of these.  I really like the "new", although not really new, 3 3/4" line that is (I think) supposed to be online only.  I'm not a packaged collector, but the new packaging really reminds me of the GI Joe days of my youth.  Really had a lot of fun with those Joes back in the day.  It gets awfully tempting, even I know in my head I should know better ;).  Kind of neat though.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2005, 08:49 AM »
I got my TRU exclusive Moray Yesterday....Even though it isn't RED or Blue I like it. 

It was always a favorite of mine back when it came out .  I had 2 Red ones, and 1 Night Force one.

I was going to try to get a Blue Deck Convention one as well, but I will probably just snag another Green Marbled one.

I found a guy on ebay that sells reproductions of the Stickers so I am going to just sticker it up as a Cobra Moray instead.

I also forgot how hard this thing was to put together..

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 1, 2005, 01:20 AM »
New swag at HTS.

The shipping is ******* insane, based on reports in this thread at TNI.
Like I said in that link, I think I'll shop around. Maybe I'll look tomorrow and see what BBTS is charging per figure and if I'll save money. Though I'll probably just buy from BBTS. They've always treated me extremely well.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 1, 2005, 09:11 AM »
I went ahead and orderd from HTS (having had a good experience with my Star Wars Order).

I got a case of thenew figs(even though I LOATHE the new sculpt stuff) I like the packaging  and customs possibilities with these are pretty good.

I also snagged the Comic Sets and the Night Humvee.

I read on YoJOe.com that they limit figure purchases to 10 per.  Not a bad idea.

I got my TRU Moray in the mail Wednesday.  It is pretty cool.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 1, 2005, 07:28 PM »
Target is clearancing out their Joe stuff. Comic 3-packs for $8.48, 2-packs for $5 something, Ice Sabre and the like for around $13, and the Thunderwing for $20 and change.

Picked up a Venomization Chamber. I couldn't resist it.  :) I wanted to get the Joe and Cobra mechs, but they were gone already. Oh yeah, it was $8.48.

And I just remembered I forgot to send off my points for Storm Shadow Unmasked. Oop.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2005, 07:43 PM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 2, 2005, 12:15 AM »
I'll have to visit Target and pick up that plane.  Thanks for the tip.  I haven't ordered anything from Hasbro yet, but I will grab both those comic packs.  The single figures aren't really interesting to me yet, but some of the ones shown at the con will be mine.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 2, 2005, 02:08 PM »
I visited a TRU today and picked up the Moray.  I have never had this vehicle before and I'm glad to finally own one.  I will use it for the Cobras, though.  I might paint it black or dark blue.  I have not decided yet.  The figures don't interest me at all.  I'll use them for spare parts.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 6, 2005, 04:25 PM »
Anybody ever purchased from My Generation Toys before? I've been looking at their catalog, and for the prices and the shipping, it just seems too good to be true. I've seen Crimson Guards go for more than $25 each on ebay.

Linky.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 6, 2005, 08:38 PM »
I've used them a couple of times and was fairly pleased with them.  I remember their shipping being fairly timely and their prices on items good.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 7, 2005, 10:42 AM »
I ordered a Night Watch set and Comic Pack 76 off of Amazon today.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to find that Night Watch pack in stores.  The Cobra Infantry set was a bear to find.  I imagine this set will be similar.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2005, 08:19 AM »
I got my Hasbro Toy Shop stuff yesterday....I didn't get to open it because my wife snagged them off the front porch and let my daughter wrapped them for my birthday.  Thank goodness it is tomorrow.  This will be the first time I've gotten Joes for my Birthday since 1984.  Sweet.

Presumably I got the Case and the 2 comic packs.  The Hummer is back ordered.  I'll post a mini review tomorrow afternoon. 

Also Hasbro's website has the Night Watch set up but you can't order it yet.