Author Topic: Direct to Consumer 2005-2007  (Read 32483 times)

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2006, 11:57 PM »
Fans of G.I.Joe and Star Wars, my kind of people!  I just purchased the ROCC from TRU today.  I am glad hasbro is still producing vehicles like this.  It really reminds me of the good ol' days from the 80's! :)

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2006, 05:15 AM »
just scored two Cobra infantry 6-packs in Australia, hope they'll get up here soon
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2006, 05:56 PM »
I was wondering if anybody knows when DTC Wave 4 is out. I love that new Airtight, and the Night Viper is cool as well. I'm suprised that this is it for DTC, and I wish that there could've been some more vehicles, a new Trubble Bubble would've been great. Oh well, there's always the 25th Anniversary line next year.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2006, 06:54 PM »
That's a good question. I haven't seen any preorders anywhere, and HTS has a glacier pace when it comes to stocking stuff. They might have them up before Christmas.

The wave 4 comics packs are out there, as I just picked up Lady Jaye and the Cobra Troopers today at TRU, but the singles are nowhere in sight. I too dig that new Airtight and Night Viper, and I'll need like ten NVs. I've seen a preorder for the Viper Pit, so I ordered two since I love that Viper mold and the colors are great.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2006, 01:20 AM »
They're supposed to be out for a September ship date. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2006, 09:45 AM »
just scored two Cobra infantry 6-packs in Australia, hope they'll get up here soon

cool they were waiting for me while i was on vacations, nice little army
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2006, 10:47 PM »
I've tried to stay out of getting any of the 8' Sigma 6 figures, but these ones with a DVD and bonus 2.5 figure are almost too good to resist. I may have to get that Jungle Snake Eyes or Destro.

:P

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 2, 2006, 08:47 PM »
I finally saw Destro about a week ago at WM.  I passed him up but may get him eventually.

I still wish they would do the female figures; Scarlett and Baroness.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2006, 01:19 AM »
I picked up my first Sigma 6 figure tonight. I bought the 8" Storm Shadow from wave 1.

Man, is it ever great. I think I'll pick up Destro, Snake Eyes, and one of the many Dukes out there, plus Zartan, whenever he comes out.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 12, 2006, 05:04 PM »
Do any of you guys collect 12" Adventure Team Joes?  Hot Topic has an exclusive Land Adventurer figure coming in November.

No price info yet but I'm kind of psyched for him.  I'm hoping that he'll be on their web site but I'll make a drive to Elmira, NY if I have to to score one.

E...

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2006, 05:03 PM »
Ordered a '87 Crystal Ball off GIJoeHQ.com.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2006, 10:26 PM »
Do any of you guys collect 12" Adventure Team Joes?  Hot Topic has an exclusive Land Adventurer figure coming in November.

No price info yet but I'm kind of psyched for him.  I'm hoping that he'll be on their web site but I'll make a drive to Elmira, NY if I have to to score one.

E...

I saw that, and even though I am way too old to shop at Hot Topic..I am going head in there and pick one up if the opportunity presents itself.  With my luck the next one will be the Sea Adventurer and he'll be at the GAP or some other store that I don't have any business being in. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 1, 2006, 12:59 AM »
I'm going to take advantage of the announced web sales of the AT Joe from Hot Topic!

I haven't been in a HT store in probably 8 years.  Seriously.  I didn't even venture in when some reports popped up of them selling Bust-Ups a year or so ago.

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #148 on: November 1, 2006, 01:25 AM »
I go in looking for bust-ups...  I've gotten some shirts there too (my Stormtrooper Crossbones one is a favorite of mine).  They NEVER have bust-ups though...  And since Suncoast died, no bust-ups at all around here anymore.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 1, 2006, 04:42 PM »
I'm going to take advantage of the announced web sales of the AT Joe from Hot Topic!

I haven't been in a HT store in probably 8 years.  Seriously.  I didn't even venture in when some reports popped up of them selling Bust-Ups a year or so ago.

E...

Sweet INTERNET! I'm in.

The internet provides me the opportunity to get one of these without being forced to pierce something on my body with a safety pin just to sneak in and get a Toy!!!

I win!!