Author Topic: Direct to Consumer 2005-2007  (Read 32484 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2006, 07:31 PM »
Picked up the new "Silent Venom" Sigma 6 2.5 mission pack at Target.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2006, 08:02 PM »
I picked up my 2 Viper Pits this weekend and I will go ahead and admit...I got a Sigma 6 8 inch figure too....

Not bad.  I take back some of my previous complaints.

I also pre-ordered my Hot Topics Land Adventurer online. (At least I hope it worked)..I was going to call my local Hot Topics, but I don't use "Dude" enough in my vocabulary and don't have enough disdain for "the establishment" to actually pull it off.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2006, 05:32 PM »
Received my RAH Crystal Ball from GIJoeHQ today.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2006, 02:16 PM »
Ordered a RAH Cobra-La Royal Guard and a MIB Mailaway General Hawk from GIJoeHQ.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2006, 01:13 AM »
I received my two Hot Topic Land Adventurer figures today and they're awesome!  The box art is is really cool and has a very vintage feel to it.

They used the same head sculpt as they did for the 40th Anniversary figures.  The ******* isn't as thick as some of the Fan Club repro figs but it's better than a couple of the retail figs they put out like the Meijer figures and the Wal-Mart Deep Sea Diver.

The KFG hands rock, the Luger is a nice change to the standard Lebel revolver and another set of short black boots is a good thing.  Standard camo fatigues and AT dog tag.  The shoulder holster is more of a rubbery material than some of the earlier repro holsters that were harder plastic.

Overall the figure looks great.  One final note on the *******, mine have more of a dark brown look to them rather than black.   So standing on the shelf next to my Fan Club repro Commander and the Foreign Adventurer he looks just enough different to not be someones twin.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #155 on: December 2, 2006, 02:00 AM »
Some pics of DTC wave 4.

The Night Viper is on page 2, BTW. Theses are preproduction pieces, so hopefully we'll see them soon. I want a bunch of those NVs. I think it looks great.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 2, 2006, 04:24 AM »
That Night Viper looks really nice!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 3, 2006, 12:26 PM »
Not really a "toy" parsay, but I got the GI Joe: RAH TPB Vol. 3 (Marvel Series) for my B-day.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 6, 2006, 09:04 PM »
Saw the DTC Wave 3 Cobra Trooper for the first time earlier today at TRU. Was about to get it, but didn't have enough cash. Hopefully between seeing this later on, and the Wave 4 Cobra Officer, I'll get me some Blueshirts eventually.

:P

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 8, 2006, 04:56 PM »
Came home to find that I received my RAH Cobra-La Royal Guard & Mailaway General Hawk from GIJoeHQ.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2006, 12:13 PM »
Pick up a Viper Pit....not a bad set.

I wish Hasbro would do a Q & A with Joe like they do Star Wars...I know it would be a beating, but without Wave 4 of DTC showing up anywhere, I'd like to know what we can expect from 3 3/4 Joes over the next year .  Especially the 25th Anniversary Line that was rumored.  If it was Select Super Articluated Joes from the first 4 waves of RAH like one rumor I heard that would be cool.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2006, 06:22 PM »
I'd like to know what we can expect from 3 3/4 Joes over the next year .  Especially the 25th Anniversary Line that was rumored.  If it was Select Super Articluated Joes from the first 4 waves of RAH like one rumor I heard that would be cool.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all 3 3/4 Joes "super-articulated" the way they are?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 28, 2006, 05:41 PM »
Picked up a DTC Wave 3 Cobra Trooper at TRU earlier today.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 28, 2006, 08:42 PM »
I'd like to know what we can expect from 3 3/4 Joes over the next year .  Especially the 25th Anniversary Line that was rumored.  If it was Select Super Articluated Joes from the first 4 waves of RAH like one rumor I heard that would be cool.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all 3 3/4 Joes "super-articulated" the way they are?

Depends..1982 RAH Joes didn't have swivel elbows (until 83).  Only a few of the modern (2001 and later) Joes have had swivel wrists and fewer still had movable ankles. 

The wrists and ankles are a definate for the Super Articulation to me. So in my eyes No all 3 3/4 Joes aren't SA.   I'm not asking for Micro-Man style Articulation, just more ability to hold their weapons (that are mostly replaced by Marauder Inc. weapons).

In all reality, there won't be any 3 3/4 Joe Product next year anyway.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 28, 2006, 09:08 PM »
In all reality, there won't be any 3 3/4 Joe Product next year anyway.

What about the 25th Anniversary Collection?