Author Topic: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra  (Read 41395 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2010, 12:45 PM »
I'm going to guess that all of these will sit until they hit $1.24.

Hopefully they move at 90% off.  They still don't seem to be moving in my area at $2.46.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2010, 01:54 PM »
I think I moved the last of the Ice-Vipers in my store at $2.46 but I may even break down and get a Duke and the Commando Snake Eyes at $1.24.   Maybe even one of the original CC.

I wish they had other characters than just these 5 or 6.  I'd love to pick up some Breaker, Pit Commando or Torpedo figures for that price.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2010, 03:38 PM »
For $1.25 I would quite possibly buy a second, if not more, of all of them!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2010, 04:12 PM »
Most Targets here are at $3.52 (or something like that) per figure - one store is still at $5.04.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2010, 10:26 AM »
Most Targets here are at $3.52 (or something like that) per figure - one store is still at $5.04.

Same here, at least so far.  Most are at the $3.52 price, but one is still up at $5.04 (and WM is back at $6.88).  Honestly, I don't think they're really moving at any of those prices locally though, although the selection is pretty lacking.  Looking forward to when there is actually new Joe stuff out there this Fall.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2010, 12:39 PM »
I was pissed that WM put the price back up.  I had just decided to pick up the Arctic Snake Eyes, but I don't want it enough to pay that much.

The Joe figs at my Target are still marked $3.52 but they are scanning for less so if you're just looking at the price sticker it may be worth a trip to the scanner just to see.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2010, 01:11 AM »
So, how many people actually enjoyed this line? I know it got a lot of flack, but for myself, I thought it was really well done. Good crisp sculpts, solid paint, and articulation and lots of accessories. I think I actually picked up the majority of them (nearly all of them at sales prices too, which probably helps my overall view of the line) I also thought they had a nice expanded collection beyond the on screen characters, like Shipwreck, Kamakura and Charbroil. I can't really comment on the quality of the film itself (having still not gotten around to seeing it), but as far as the toys are concerned I thought they did a pretty good job.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2010, 01:37 AM »
Don't anyone kill me, but I thought these were the most unique Joes we've gotten since 1990. I bought all the figs except the Nano-Viper, and while some were better than others, it was a good line. Overpriced as hell, but still good. As much as I liked it, the 25th line was kind of running out of steam, so it was nice to see Hasbro try something new.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2010, 01:13 PM »
I liked quite a few of the designs but didn't necessarily like all of the head sculpts.  There's just something about having Channing Tatum in my collection that I don't care for.  I really liked the design on a few characters like Ice-Viper and Scarlett (head is okay), Helix and the Pit Commando and the PP Snake Eyes is a nice new take on that character.

I was not a fan of the various Viper releases and Heavy Duty (didn't like the face sculpt).  The Ripcord figures were fine but I ended up not buying any of them.  I did like Shipwreck and Breaker but, again, didn't buy any.  Baroness is nice and I did like the Dr. Rex version of Cobra Commander but didn't care for the Destro figures.

The main thing I didn't like about the line was the price.  The only figures I paid full price for were the Pit Commandos and one Ice-Viper.  Oh, and City Strike Snake Eyes.  Everything else I've bought on clearance prices or with coupons/sales/gift cards. 

As much as I like the classic designs, I only had a handful of characters left on my short list that I waned out of the 25th line and one of them we're getting next year with Low-Light.  The 25th line was starting to get too bogged down with repaints anyway, so the film figures actually made a nice jumping off point to kickstart a new direction for the line.  I think the upcoming POC figures are some of the best looking GI Joe toys out of Hasbro in the last 10 years, because they're a nice mix of classic characters and new imaginations.

E...

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2010, 03:57 PM »
I liked them in teh beginning and bought a about half of the figures.  However, I sold them off several months ago because I spent the money on ARAH custom soldiers.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2010, 06:27 PM »
I pretty much disliked the movie for the most part, so I didn't care much for any of the figures - including the turtle viper who should have been replaced by the trooper from the 3packs that never showed up at retail.  Love that figure, but besides those 3 or 4 3packs I picked up..I must be at 11 or 12 ROC figures...Mainly most non-movie versions.

Still stuck with 6-7 carded figures I picked up during the TRU sale that have no place to go but Toys for Tots.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2010, 07:19 PM »
I thought it was a great line, just a bit overpriced.  Hasbro did much better with it than I expected them to.  And given what they had to work with through the film, I'd say they did about as good of a job as could be expected with the figure quality. 

The distribution wasn't the best, but overall I really liked the figures.  More in fact than most 25th stuff.  About the only other thing that irked me was that the only way to get Destro like you see in the film was through the exclusive. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2010, 03:35 AM »
Picked up another Desert Duke and Neo-Viper for $1.26 each tonight. I wonder how long they'll last at this price.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2010, 08:48 AM »
I was overall pretty happy with this line - but that is because I nabbed every single pack figure at a sweet price.  Pretty sure I nabbed most every one of them, except for the final wave, during a TRU sale - it was 2 for $10 and for every $20 spent you got a five dollar gift card that was usable like "x" hours after your purchase.  So, I just made several stops there throughout the week and in the end I was basically getting 4 figures for $15.

I was also able to get many of the other things at low prices during other various sales.

Now, with all that said, and being pretty happy with the ROC - I am very happy with what is coming out in the POC line.   One thing I may argue though is that I kinda grew used to the Tatum head, and I think I like the new Duke head less - especially on the upcomming jungle figure, I feel it has weaker paint apps on the head.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2010, 09:43 AM »
I stopped in a WM last night while I was out on the road for work.  Found some Joe figures I hadn't seen in a while, including Shipwreck, Zartan and Sgt. Stone.  Stone was one fig I had passed on that I'd been looking for so I decided that I'd drop the coin on him, $6.88 per the pegs.  But, he rang up for only $5 at the register.

Not sure if that's an isolated price or if WM dropped them again.  I probably should have gone back for the Shipwreck and Arctic Snake Eyes but didn't, I was too lazy to walk all the way back through the store.   :P

E...