Author Topic: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra  (Read 41414 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2010, 11:21 PM »
I don't recall those sets, what are they?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2010, 11:50 PM »
Isn't that the sets where the Joes are all in desert camo and it has the female Breaker using the Helix head?  The Cobra set has an undercover Duke, or someone, and some Cobra troops?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2010, 02:44 PM »
Picked up the Alpha drill thing set with Croc Master for $4 at Target.  Never really wanted it, but I think it interacts some way with the PITT - no ?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2010, 05:09 PM »
Maybe?

Surprisingly enough, the 50% off sale at Target didn't decimate the Joe product.  There are still some Cobra Gunships and Steel Crushers there along with a handful of the fig/vehicle sets.  I don't think I saw any Snake Armor sets left, though.

Target got really sloppy on this round of markdowns, though.  They didn't tag half the items with the new discount so unless people scan them, I don't think they realize they've been marked down again.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2010, 07:51 PM »
My TRU put out 4 solid cases of Doc/Shipwreck today.  Ok - I get the picture, maybe I'll pick them up next time there's a sale.  They seem to sell through on a regular basis though for the most part.

Hopefully Thursday will be the next push for clearance at Target since new POC stuff is already popping up.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2010, 10:48 PM »
I was at my local Target tonight, and they had moved some of the clearance stuff to endcaps, so I'm hoping this weekend, they'll do the reset.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2010, 12:08 PM »
75% off today.  Caved on a Gunship mainly for Firefly.  Lots of dlx, alpha, bravo left - but I'm sure they'll go quick.  Kinda wish Target would have gotten w2 alpha's and bravo's at some point, but oh well.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 12:32 PM by iFett »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2010, 12:38 PM »
All my local Target had left was Deluxes, and they went 75% off today too, so I bought another Serpent Armor. I thought about the Rip Attack things, mainly for the figures, but I passed.

The shelves are looking very, very bare. I find it hard to believe any manager would let any area of his/her store look that bad.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2010, 01:15 PM »
Expect a huge reset of the aisle any day now.  My local Targets have done so already.  That's why they look bad at most stores right now.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 3, 2010, 12:00 AM »
GI Joe Rise of Cobra Lava Pod Volcano-Viper special one

Those are some retina-searing colors. I have no idea if it's a custom or something legit, but it would be nice to see the Volcano Viper get a real release. Just not in these colors.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: August 3, 2010, 03:58 AM »
I actually liked the colors, if he's supposed to be running around in a  place filled with Lava and stuff...  If that's a custom, that's some really great work.  :o
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 3, 2010, 01:43 PM »
I'd buy it.  Looks like the Cobra version of Blowtorch.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 3, 2010, 07:55 PM »
I'd buy it.  Looks like the Cobra version of Blowtorch.

Agreed.  I could see Charbroil and Blowtorch fighting a bunch of these guys in some inferno environment somewhere.  These colors look much better than the loud TRU ROC Doc.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 5, 2010, 07:08 PM »
Cracked open the Gunship - very plain and blah, but I kinda like it for some strange reason after getting it out of the box.  Wish I would have grabbed a second for $6, but life will go on.  Firefly ain't too shabby either.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 5, 2010, 08:36 PM »
I bought a Gunship also.  I didn't think it was worth the $25 price but after seeing a couple of them on display I thought it looked like a nice toy so I bought one at the $12 clearance price a couple weeks ago.  But I wasn't overly impressed after I got it open either.

It's not terrible, but I'm glad I didn't spend $25 on it.  I ended up passing on the Steel Crusher but kind of wish now I'd picked that up instead of the Gunship.  Could'nt be worse, anyway.

E...