Author Topic: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra  (Read 41514 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 01:46 AM »
Add Target to the mix too- I noticed a $7.89 price at one of my local outlets.  ::)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 03:01 AM »
I was in Target yesterday (Saturday) and the figures were still $5-something on the pegs but were ringing up at $3.99 as of the middle of last week (I picked up Scarlett).

They barely moved here at $4 at Target, it doesn't make any sense to bump them back to movie price point since there's nothing new due for 3 months (or more).  I'm actually surprised Target has any shelf space dedicated to it right now, it's all old stock anyway.

I did actually see a little kid buy one of those digital camera/headphone jobs today at TRU.  At least I assume he got it, he told his mother he wanted it and was heading out with it when I left.  Oh, and TRU in Horsheads, NY has the Doc and Shipwreck exclusives.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 10:49 AM »
Sadly what will happen is somebody that counts beans at both Target and WM is going to say.. "SEE we sold just as many figures at $5 as we did at $7, so those complaining customers don't know a thing"...

But they won't factor in that the figures they had available at $5 wouldn't sell at $2.

I don't pretend to know more than the folks with business degrees at these very successful companies, but I am afraid they might have 'incomplete data"...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 02:40 PM »
Has anyone else seen WM raise the price on basic figs to $6.88? I noticed my local establishment raised their price to that recently, and I was wondering if it's nationwide.

These things didn't sell at $5; I can't imagine sales will be any better now.

Yeah, same deal here.  At $5 each, I was buying 1-2 each week the past couple months - but at $6.88, I think I'll pass.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 02:46 PM »
Back up to $5.04 at my Targets.  I don't think a single figure moved at $3.99 at any of my local stores.  Maybe they'll just let these continue to rot until it comes time for clearance?  All I'm seeing are Destros, Turtle Vipers, and Baronessesss - so not much of a selection.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 05:21 PM »
Yeah, the selection here at the Targets is terrible.  They didn't move much of anything around here at the $3.99 price eitehr, but that's because of the selection.  Very few people need an army of Desto and Baroness... the Viper though?  I'm surprised he's sitting around so long.  I've pretty much had my fill though, with about 7 or 8 of them (and my son has 4).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 09:04 PM »
the Viper though?  I'm surprised he's sitting around so long.  I've pretty much had my fill though, with about 7 or 8 of them (and my son has 4).

Ya the Viper outweighs all of the Destros and Baronessesss out here by far - at least at Target.  It's too bad they didn't put the MARS Trooper on a card as he's pretty sweet and I would have bought a ton more of him for $3.99.  Well maybe not a ton considering I got 3 sets at HTS for like $18 a few months ago.  I think he was the only figure I saw online that actually made me want to cave on ROC stuff before the line came out.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 03:39 AM »
Target here has Joe at $5.04.  Mostly Destro, Vipers and a couple each of Baroness, Duke and Scarlett.  There may have been a Snake Eyes in there as well as a SS, but I didn't look closely.

If they'd found some more Pit Commandos for that $4 sale I probably would have picked up a few more. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 6, 2010, 11:51 AM »
Noticed that all of the ROC figures (Destro/Baroness/turtle Viper) were all getting clearanced tagged at $3.52 during my visit this morning.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 6, 2010, 12:31 PM »
Noticed that all of the ROC figures (Destro/Baroness/turtle Viper) were all getting clearanced tagged at $3.52 during my visit this morning.

I assume you mean at Target?

Oddly enough I went there yesterday and not only did they have more figures, but they also put up more pegs for these figures.  Of course all of the figures are all from Wave 1...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 6, 2010, 12:41 PM »
Ya - Target....They were in the process of doing the figures.  Not sure if the dlx sets or vehicles are getting the axe yet though.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 7, 2010, 09:17 AM »
I got around to opening the Crimson Hydra last night from this line and I am not certain why, but I am not liking this one as much a I like the Cobra Hummer ride or the Gunship that I have opened so far.  Perhaps it was because it seemed like it took forever and a day to put the stickers on...  (I don't really care too much for sticker application process)  The cockpit hatch, or whatever you call it, on my Hydra doesn't snap shut - so it is always flopping open and that is pretty annoying.

I still have to open the Ice Dagger from this line and I have on order being shipped as I write this the Dragnhawk.  I am pretty excited about the Dragnhawk - but that might be only because of the Resolute style Wild Bill.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 11:51 AM »
$2.46 figs at Target now.  Would be nice if there was actually something I wanted from this line at that price.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2010, 01:10 PM »
I'll have to check our Target, although they haven't had much there except the usual pegwarmers.  I noticed that Wal-Mart has raised the price back to $6.88 here locally (it was at $5).  Those will continue to sit.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2010, 12:33 PM »
Found an endcap full of clearanced ROC figures at a local Target. Helped myself to 3 Desert Ambush Dukes and the lone Ice Viper there.

I'm going to guess that all of these will sit until they hit $1.24.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk