Author Topic: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra  (Read 7681 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2010, 11:58 AM »
88cent figures at Target.  Caved on a Baroness.  Shame I'm not a fan of the turtle Viper - was about 20 of him and 1 Destro left.  Good price to army build that ugly thing. 

Also the Alpha vehicles finally got the 30% green light (no bravo though)  Picked up the Armored Panther mainly for the figure - gotta find a place to hock the vehicle.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2010, 02:40 PM »
My Target was still at $2.64 last night but I'll be stoping in tonight.  If they have $0.88 figures I'll probably clean them out of the Duke in reactive armor figs, they should make for some nice "green shirts" with a few head swaps. 

E...
"Microsoft and Sony are acting like divorced parents fighting over kids.  MS tries to lay down the law, Sony buys them beer and pot." - @DanStapleton

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2010, 10:27 PM »
Stopped in Target tonight and the GI Joe figures were $0.88 each.  I picked up a PP Snake Eyes, the first Cobra Commander and 4 Duke in Reactive Armor.  My plan is to use that Duke figure as a base for some head swaps and the SE jacket somewhere.  I picked up CC just because I hadn't before.

They have a few Duke figs left and a bunch of Storm Shadow figures that I'm not interested in.  Maybe one or two of the Commando SE and a Scarlett or two.

The $15 vehicle line was marked $10 and change but all they have here are a couple of Mole Pods.  I'd have picked up a couple of the other vehicles from that line but don't have much interest in that.  No sale on the $25 vehicles but we have one of the HUMMERs and a couple of the Cobra Gunships, which I'd probably pick up, but not for the asking price.

E...
"Microsoft and Sony are acting like divorced parents fighting over kids.  MS tries to lay down the law, Sony buys them beer and pot." - @DanStapleton

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2010, 02:32 AM »
I'll say again...

If ANYONE is buying that Baroness figure for customizing, I REALLY could use:

-Sunglasses
-Mars Container Briefcase thing & the 3 little tube things that go inside it
-Green Flair thing

Weird, I know, but I can use any of that stuff if people have nabbed her for customizing bits, and don't want any/all of those parts. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender & FFURG.com Staff/Representative, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline inadvertent imitation

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #49 on: July 2, 2010, 01:27 PM »
Since I didn't find any POC vehicles at TRU, I went over to Target and found the Deluxe sets finally marked down. So I picked up Wet-Suit w/ Dragonfish and another SNAKE Armor set.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 2, 2010, 03:02 PM »
Nice grab.  We haven't seen any Snake armor sets here in a while. 

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 2, 2010, 06:54 PM »
Since I didn't find any POC vehicles at TRU, I went over to Target and found the Deluxe sets finally marked down. So I picked up Wet-Suit w/ Dragonfish and another SNAKE Armor set.

What were they marked down to?  I have my fill on SNAKE sets, but I want that stupid white motorcycle w/SS to go with the SE set for some reason.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 3, 2010, 01:39 AM »
My store has them at 30% so about $6.98, more or less.

E...

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 3, 2010, 01:45 PM »
Yup, $6.98 here. There's a Target here that still has a few of the SS w/cycle set, which seems to be the fastest seller from this wave.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: July 3, 2010, 03:53 PM »
Mine hyad a ton of Snake Armor, red jet pack, motorcycles, and the devilfish thing.  I was surprised how much they had really.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender & FFURG.com Staff/Representative, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 3, 2010, 06:50 PM »
Mine hyad a ton of Snake Armor, red jet pack, motorcycles, and the devilfish thing.  I was surprised how much they had really.

I just stopped in a Target like this.  They had at least 4 Snake Armor sets along with the rest you mention.  I bought another Snake Armor figure.  I almost bought the Joe and Cobra divers but passed for now.  My local store has the Joe flight wing, thing.  Whatever it's called.  I may pick that up when it hits 50% off.  I'll be through that Target again in about 3 weeks so if they have another markdown by then, and still some stock, I may buy some others.

E...

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 9, 2010, 06:19 PM »
My local TRU just put out a case of wave 3. This is SO typical of that store. They haven't received any figures since they stocked Arctic Doc and Shipwreck back in February, and now, a matter of weeks before POC is supposed to hit, they put out a case of that stuff. It's flabbergasting.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 9, 2010, 07:25 PM »
Same story today at my TRU Ben.   ::)

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 9, 2010, 07:28 PM »
I guess it was for some BOGO deal they had for Rewards members. It took place on the 8th, and I missed it completely. Oh well.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 9, 2010, 07:31 PM »
I'm a Rewards member and never got that email from TRU, but several of my local buds did so I missed out as well.  Lame - not that I wanted anything from this wave, but ya....