Author Topic: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra  (Read 41392 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2010, 03:34 PM »
Scored a Steel Crusher at Target today, on clearance. I didn't get this vehicle last summer, and around September, they disappeared locally. Glad to have it, finally.  :)

Now I just have to find Bench Press, the last wave of ROC Combat Heroes, and the Destro exclusive and I'll be done with ROC.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2010, 04:49 PM »
Scored a Steel Crusher at Target today, on clearance. I didn't get this vehicle last summer, and around September, they disappeared locally. Glad to have it, finally.  :)

Great vehicle and driver.  Shame they couldn't have made it a 4-door vehicle though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2010, 07:39 PM »
Is anybody finding these particular sets of Combat Heroes? I just cannot find these for less than $15 a whack on ebay...

Arctic Snake Eyes/Ice Viper

Duke/Para-Viper

I've scored some of the last waves at Target on clearance, but these two elude me. If you're seeing them in your neck of the woods, could anyone drop me a line please? Thanks.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2010, 11:49 PM »
I haven't seen those in awhile, well to be honest I kind of gave up on anything that wasn't ARAH Combat Hero type stuff, but will keep an eye out.  I was tempted a few times on that Arctic Snake Eyes/Ice Viper set though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2010, 06:01 PM »
No luck on those in my neighborhood Ben - sorry. 

Anybody know what WM is going to do when all the new product is supposed to be stocked???  They still have tons of old SW/TF/Joe at full price - oh and not to mention a new $9.67ish price I saw today for basic Joe figs at one WM.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2010, 07:35 PM »
I wouldn't count on WM to have these on whatever the street date is for them.  They didn't put out the ROC figures until the film had opened where pretty much every other retailer had beaten the film opening by a couple of weeks.

I guess that may not be true in some WM stores, but was like that in two of them here.  I've read about, and what I've seen seems to back this up, that WM has completely passed on their focus on toys.  Apparently they're no longer focusing on putting TRU out of the toy business and have moved on to focus on other areas like electronics, and taking Best Buy down a notch.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2010, 11:11 PM »
I don't like WM's new price on Joes. Considering they won't reset until almost September, I'll have the first wave of POC stuff from Target and TRU by then.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2010, 07:48 PM »
Anyone have the Cobra Gunship thing?  50% off Bravos at Target here and I've always kinda dug the pilot, but not so much on the vehicle.  I guess HISS is saying that POC Bravos won't be part of the reset in the next week or two at Target.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2010, 08:42 PM »
I picked up the Gunship through BBTS when it was $14. It's OK, nothing spectacular. It's hard to fit figures in the back, there isn't any detailing on the vehicle itself, so it's just a gray ship, and it's pretty small overall. However, the Firefly that comes with it is pretty neat. Kind of like Hasbro does all the time- so-so vehicle, neat driver.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2010, 08:27 AM »
I liked the Gunship better than the Hydra Bomber

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2010, 09:28 AM »
I'm waiting on the Gunship to hit at least one more discount at Target, then I'll probably buy it.  I may also pick up a couple more of the fig/vehicle sets that Target has.  After months of only having one or two on the pegs, they uncovered several cases of wave 2, including Snake Armor sets, and put them out at the $6 discount.  I think I'm safe waiting another day or two and getting them for 50% off.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2010, 11:03 AM »
Snake Armor is in abundance here too.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2010, 11:08 AM »
Thanks for the info on the Gunship guys.  I'll wait for the 75% off round to pick that up.  Wasn't there two different colors on the helmet IIRC ?

Snake Armor is in abundance here too.

Same here - even at $5.  I think most folk got their fill back when these were "acidentally" on sale for $6ish or so.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2010, 06:30 PM »
Wasn't there two different colors on the helmet IIRC ?

Yes, red and blue.  My store has at least one of each.

E...

Offline evilanimation

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2010, 11:03 PM »
Anyone need the POC TRU Exclusive 5 packs?? Got a couple for sale for $19 plus shipping.