Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 103480 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« on: February 2, 2009, 12:39 PM »

Wow those are lame!

I have a feeling the Armadillo rehash is just "extra" stuff Hasbro is adding to the line, like they did with Transformers.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 2, 2009, 05:11 PM »
KIf I see mole pods on clearance I'd kind of like them for something I wanted to do years ago...  Only for real cheap though.  Those things suck as Joe toys, but would make a decent base for little SW project.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #2 on: February 2, 2009, 05:32 PM »
If I see mole pods on clearance I'd kind of like them for something I wanted to do years ago... 

:-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #3 on: February 2, 2009, 07:59 PM »
Je je Jesus Christ....
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #4 on: February 3, 2009, 12:09 PM »
KIf I see mole pods on clearance I'd kind of like them for something I wanted to do years ago...  Only for real cheap though.  Those things suck as Joe toys, but would make a decent base for little SW project.

Are you referring to the mole miner things that Thrawn steals from Lando in Heir to the Empire?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #5 on: February 3, 2009, 04:41 PM »
Nah, a fan fic idea...  Basically what bores out bases quickly for bases.  Hoth wasn't built in a day, but I bet it only took a couple weeks to whip up Echo base.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #6 on: February 4, 2009, 03:41 PM »

I have a feeling the Armadillo rehash is just "extra" stuff Hasbro is adding to the line, like they did with Transformers.

Probably on the Armadillo and that blue Ferret w/Scrap Iron, but the PITT is an underground Joe base from what I've heard so the mole thing kinda makes sense as an actual movie toy.  Transformers actually put out quite a few new molds for the movie that weren't straight repaints.  Here's the Terra-Viper's filecard
« Last Edit: February 4, 2009, 03:47 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #7 on: February 4, 2009, 04:29 PM »
If you watch the trailer closely, there's a scene where something that looks like the drillbit end of that mole monstrosity chasing someone on a motorcycle. 
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #8 on: February 6, 2009, 11:29 AM »
As being reported on all sites - these two are up at Target.com, but not available and no price....We've still got a few months before the movie crap so I hope these hit soonish, but I doubt it.

Stinger

FLAK/CLAW 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #9 on: February 6, 2009, 11:47 AM »
Stinger looks pretty sweet...  Outback wasn't ever a Joe I was into much, possibly because he came so late in the line, but the artillery pieces Joe had always rocked.  I loved the dual gatling gun platform especially.  Nice to see those molds getting dusted off.  It'd be cool to see the Howitzer rolled out at some point.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #10 on: February 8, 2009, 12:17 AM »
I noticed that WM is now charging $12.88 for comic packs. Ouch.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #11 on: February 9, 2009, 06:49 PM »
Looks like some dude in TX found the Tiger Force Rattler and the Python Patrol Conquest today according to HISS.  There's piles and piles of the standard releases everywhere I go so I have no clue how long it's going to take to find these - obviously they share the same DPCI as the original releases.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 02:24 PM »
New vehicles - in case you haven't seen them.  Dissapointed in the Night Raven as I knew I would be, but it doesn't look as bad as I thought...oh well.  Someday I will own the original.

Not posting new movie figure pics as I think they're just awful - though I'm sure you've seen them by now or will shortly.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 04:05 PM »
I'm more of a fan of land vehicles, but the Night Raven looks quite a bit better than I thought it would.

The Cobra Hummer looks a bit odd.  I might get it though.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 04:35 PM »
Thanks for the link to the movie vehicle pictures.

The Hummer looks like something from the Rescue Heroes line.  The Night Raven looks too short and is missing the Drone.  The rest are a pass too.  I hope the base/PITT is cool.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 04:36 PM by spiderpumpkin »