Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 103787 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #135 on: April 9, 2009, 11:28 PM »
Silly Ryan...your 25th Anniv appropriate Wet Suit helmet will be in your mailbox by the time you get this set...

It looka lika dees....

Look for them on Brokenarrowtoys.com about the time these are hitting shelves.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #136 on: April 10, 2009, 04:12 AM »
I am so getting one of those helmets. I almost considered buying another Eel just to repaint the helmet from that figure.

I can't wait for these sets. The Range and Alley Vipers are to of my faves from RAH, and to get them in one set is gravy. I suppose these will be about $50 when they're released, though, which means I can scarcely afford one of each set.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #137 on: April 10, 2009, 09:34 AM »
Ok, depending on interest we will get Broken Arrow Toys to do a special run just for the JD.com crowd.  Hit me with a PM in the next couple of days and I will see if I can get helmets and hoses slotted in to the production que, even the non-monolith's have to plan.

You guys will probably have to add the Paint details (around the goggles) yourselves, but I will see what I can convince them to do.

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2009, 01:11 PM »
Some observations:

Hit & Run-  Still using Airborne's head it appears, but the torso is now COBRA Soldier, legs from Gen. Hawk, and arms from General Hawk.  All of AB's gear with the SS grappling hook, and Screaming Duke harness.

Recondo-  They changed to the smaller Gen. Hawk pistol and harness w/ Flint's backpack.

Ripcord-  Looks to be the harness from DVD COBRA Soldier with a belly chute added, H&K G36 from Spytroops, and a black Blowtorch helmet and mask.

Wet Suit-  Original tanks and board, with Torpedo mask with longer tubes.  Blech.  http://brokenarrowtoys.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=192

Chuckles-  Destro's briefcase and pistol, with the satchel from TRat.

Outback-  Original style gun with backpack from Redstar I think.

Zap-  New bazooka with modded 1982 backpack.

BATS-  Same as HOH with tentacles from DVD pack 1.

Night Creeper-  New crossbow with 1989 SE backpack and reissue sword.

Mindbender-  Original style weapons.

Lampreys-  Removable faceplate, rebreather, WWII rifle and Naboo pistol.

Strato Viper-  Basic pistol.

Alley Viper-  Backpack with removable crossbow, new rifle, new helmet & visor (old school style), retooled 1988 shield, Mutt nightstick.

Ranger Viper-  DTC helmet, Gen Hawk backpack, TRat harness and pistol, TRat machinegun, Range Viper grenade launcher.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #139 on: April 10, 2009, 02:44 PM »
Nice detective work Alyosha and nice work on the custom helmet too.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #140 on: April 10, 2009, 06:24 PM »
Awesome Wet Suit helmet.  Any idea if the helmet/head on sale now will fit over the forthcoming head?  I want the helmet big time, but I will invariably screw up if I attempt to paint that head that comes with the Broken Arrow helmet.

And I need to order fast, because I'm still kicking myself over not ordering the Dusty harness before it sold out  :'(
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2009, 09:09 PM »
Not to worry, I'll keep making everything until the molds die.  That includes the helmet and harness.  As for the helmets, do you guys want me to just take a stab at the colors from the pics or would you rather wait until it's in hand and I can get closer? 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2009, 09:23 PM »
I'm colorblind to some extent so it's not a big deal to me, but I'd prefer extra paint details if at all possible as I'm no good in that department - no biggie though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2009, 11:36 PM »
Awesome Wet Suit helmet.  Any idea if the helmet/head on sale now will fit over the forthcoming head?  I want the helmet big time, but I will invariably screw up if I attempt to paint that head that comes with the Broken Arrow helmet.

And I need to order fast, because I'm still kicking myself over not ordering the Dusty harness before it sold out  :'(

Did I not ever send one of those to you?  I think somebody in Utah must have gotten a plastic harness in the mail and wondered..."what the heck is this?"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2009, 12:19 AM »
LOL.  No, I never got one, and the bad news is, it wouldn't be the first time my neighbors got weird tiny 1:18 military equipment addressed to me.

They must think I'm such a weirdo...
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2009, 01:02 AM »
On another topic, what the hell is the deal with the Alpine Mass Device pack?  I saw it once, passed on it because it was just before Christmas and my wife told me to quit buying myself stuff, and of course, I've never seen it since.  HTS has all of the other packs online, and I even saw about 20 of the Quick Kick and Dusty packs on clearance for $7.00 at one Wal Mart.

Why is the Alpine one so scarce?  Are there thousands of them waiting to be unloaded at a Big Lots somewhere?  It just seems weird....
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2009, 04:28 AM »
That pack pissed me off.  If Hasbro is going to do an ambitious multi-pack build-a-something promo they need to make damn well sure that all the ******* packs make it out.  Apparently these were spotted at Target, in the cases I've heard of, and then never seen again.  It was on HTS.com a couple of times but I passed, it went to Sold Out and then gone.  It wasn't even on the site last time I checked.

My Target never got this pack.  My WM doesn't carry BP's at all and I don't have a TRU that I can frequent.  I ended up buying the last piece of the MASS Device from a guy on RS.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2009, 09:04 AM »
, and I even saw about 20 of the Quick Kick and Dusty packs on clearance for $7.00 at one Wal Mart.

Are they still there? I need a couple extra Dusty's.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2009, 10:56 AM »
I need a Dusty period!  LMK if you can help.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2009, 12:16 PM »
I will cruise back today and see.  I'll pick up whatever is left and let you guys know what I get.
"Really?  Sorry."