Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 104344 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #495 on: August 26, 2009, 02:09 PM »
Hey John,
  There was a post on the HissTank.com forums that the single packs were found at Family Dollar for $3.00.  One poster said they are the ARAH figures repainted in ROC colors so that's why some of them may not look like movie characters, yet do...  You know what I mean.

E...

Went to a Family Dollar a few miles from work and sure enough there they were.  There was Destro, Snake Eyes, Hawk, Duke, Baroness, Scarlett, Storm Shadow and Neo-Viper.   Sticker said $3 but they rang up at $2.25.

John

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #496 on: August 26, 2009, 02:21 PM »
Nice score!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #497 on: August 27, 2009, 01:10 AM »
Are these the new sculpt stuff, or no?  I'm a bit confused but FD's are a dime a dozen here.  I'll check when I'm out and about.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #498 on: August 27, 2009, 01:20 AM »
Hey Jesse,
  I'm not 100% sure what you're asking.  The Combat Heroes are like the SW Galactic Heroes.  These are repaints of Combat Heroes that were released along with the 25th figures as 2-packs but have now been painted in ROC colors and released as single packs to Family Dollar.

Does that answer your question or did I not understand it?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #499 on: August 27, 2009, 02:27 AM »
Ah, ok, I got confused and was thinking the conversation wasn't still on the little GH type figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #500 on: August 30, 2009, 07:01 PM »
Hey future JoeDefender members... we have our second set of questions due on Sept 9th.  I will be gone starting the 4th, so if you have a burning question PM it to me or post it here.

I've got one in mind already, but wanted you guys to get a chance to ask 1 or 2.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #501 on: August 31, 2009, 11:07 AM »
I don't really care for the Joe & Transformer QnA's as all Hasbro gives is short non-answers on those for the most part.  Nothing like the SW stuff we get from them.  Obviously they're different teams, but....

My question would be obvious though if you could throw it out there in some form for them to chew on.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #502 on: August 31, 2009, 12:54 PM »
I don't really care for the Joe & Transformer QnA's as all Hasbro gives is short non-answers on those for the most part.  Nothing like the SW stuff we get from them.  Obviously they're different teams, but....

I agree, but here is my take on it, the first few rounds of SW QnA's were the same way.  The people ASKING the questions early on didn't know how to ask the questions, we also had alot of SW sites that refused to read other site's questions so we got overlap.  It is the same in the Joe world right now.   So we are getting the first few rounds of the Joe equivalent of Tonnika Sisters, Playsets and why not my favorite obscure character questions.  Not to mention alot of folks in the first few rounds of SW questions used the QnA as a vehicle to bash Hasbro.  I've seen some of the same stuff in the Joe QnA Round ups. 

However, since with Joe they don't have to have LFL permission to speak of the product, one would surmise that the answers would be easier to coax out of them.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #503 on: August 31, 2009, 10:35 PM »
Finally ordered my 7 packs a few weeks back and got a chance to crack into them tonight....I'm not going to review them, but I'm saddened that most of the Joes can't hold their weapons.  The Cobra pack is all sorts of awesome though and I would have ordered more if it wasn't for Mr. Loser-Mindbender.  He sucks since he's missing most of his vinty details - besides he's the only non-army builder.  Never had Night Creeper or Range Viper as a kid (guess I got out too early back in the day) but they're awesome!  Alley Viper was the very last ARAH type fig I picked up as a kid and he was my fav - same holds true with this version, but he has his flaws which I will forgive.

I now have an extra Mindbender + shipping if anyone wants.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #504 on: September 1, 2009, 01:22 PM »
You hit it on the money with figures not being able to hold their weapons, that truly is the biggest disappoint of the sets. When you see how well the ROC figures can hold weapons there is no reason they could not address that. After these sets I almost feel satisfied with all that they released. While their are about 10-12 classic figures I would love to see made I almost feel done with Joe. I am looking forward to a few of the upcoming Resolute figure like Roadbloack, Destro, the upcoming ROC Beachhead and Firefly. Outside of that I am winding down on Joe and actually thinning out a few army builders, double and all of my vehicles except the Skyhawk.

The movie killed it for me.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #505 on: September 1, 2009, 10:00 PM »
I saw (but didn't get) the Wal-Mart exclusive two packs earlier today.  I'm probably going to pick up the Tunnel Rat/Monkeywrench set for the latter and the accessories, but the Gung Ho/Copperhead and Night Creeper/Shockwave sets didn't really impress me at all.  Wish they would have given Monkeywrench the ridiculously oversized pitchfork gun instead of the Eel gun, though.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #506 on: September 2, 2009, 12:53 PM »
Caught this on AP's 16 Bit...I had no clue.

Reports from over the web indicate that the Rite Aid drug store chain is getting Diamdond's overstock collector toys. For just $19.99, fans are finding Star Wars Ecliptic Evader TIE Fighters, Crimson Empire boxed sets, and G.I. Joe Extreme Conditions box sets. Happy hunting, your mileage may vary!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #507 on: September 2, 2009, 03:02 PM »
Too bad there's not one within 100 miles of where I live.  I did see those extreme condition sets at a collector show for a while back at just $20 each and passed... they weren't selling even at that price which is a bit surprising.  But hey, I didn't really want them either even at that price.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #508 on: September 2, 2009, 08:32 PM »
I'll have to check my Rite Aid just to see what they have. I'd buy the Ecliptic Evader TIE for $20 but I don't know about the rest.  Maybe the Crimson Empire set, if I could get past the embarrassment of owning Skittles flavored Power Rangers.

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #509 on: September 3, 2009, 12:06 AM »
They morph into a turd!