Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 103477 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #750 on: January 4, 2010, 11:12 PM »
That's actually kind of goofy looking unless that torpedo looking thing on the bottom has a working propeller, which would be kind of cool.  It would make for an excellent tub or pool toy.  Otherwise, it looks kind of busy, for a lack of a better term.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #751 on: January 4, 2010, 11:22 PM »
I thought the concept was neat but the boat's a little small...  Reminds me of some kind of Navy SEAL craft with the torp on the bottom maybe being some kind of insertion (pardon the snickers considering what it looks like) vehicle.  The little mini-sub with "arms" is neat too.

The boat just looks a little small...  It has one of those stand-up controls like SEAL boats seem to have but it's a relatively tiny boat (dingy, hehe).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #752 on: January 5, 2010, 08:13 AM »
Got some intel on this one... it is a Sigma 6 2.5 inch set. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #753 on: January 5, 2010, 10:28 AM »
Isn't there some Sigma 6 mech suits or something like that coming out?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #754 on: January 5, 2010, 10:29 AM »
Ah, that makes more sense, I think.  I'm surprised by all the Sigma 6 stuff Hasbro is showing off, though.  I liked the style of the figures and own several of the 8" figures but I didn't realize it was popular enough that Hasbro would come back with some new stuff.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #755 on: January 5, 2010, 11:49 AM »
Glad to see Battle Force 2000 is making a comeback.  ::)
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #756 on: January 6, 2010, 11:04 AM »
Still seeing mountains of those Rescue Mission sets at Target at 50% off.  I might cave just for SE when it hits $5.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #757 on: January 16, 2010, 10:50 AM »
The questions and answers from Big H are here.

Looking forward, does Hasbro intend to have the Pursuit of Cobra theme
carry the brand through 2010, or are there other plans in the works?

2010 will focus on The Pursuit of Cobra!

Since the next major product showcase in is February at NY Toy Fair
(we will see you there!) and the GIJCC follows so closely in April, do you
expect to have the standard amount of new stuff to show at JoeCon or will
the figures roll in smaller numbers there and then more later at SDCC?

We want to make sure fans see new news released at each event. We try our
best to ensure every event is a great experience for the fans since not
all fans can attend all events.  Have no fear, G.I. Joe has PLENTY of
newness to reveal at all the major events

Did Hasbro ever consider releasing classic Joe vehicles in the small
Titanium format when the 25th Anniversary line started when both lines
were strong?

We did look into this but decided not to move forward with the idea as it
was not right for the brand during its re-launch.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 10:52 AM by Paul »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #758 on: January 16, 2010, 09:01 PM »
Thanks for submitting my question Paul - really appreciate it!!  Disappointed by the answer, but that's life.  Would have really dug some mini-Joe vehicles, but blah blah - not right for the brand blah blah.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 09:02 PM by iFett »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #759 on: January 16, 2010, 11:06 PM »
But yet Titanium was perfect for the Spider-Man figures they put out?  I think the Joe brand would have been good for the Titanium treatment.  Other companies are putting out die-cast military vehicles including both ground and air.

But, based on the price, would you pay $7 - $8+ for a Titanium VAMP when you could get one with a figure for $15 on the shelf next to it?  That was always a problem with the Titanium line IMO, the price.  It was one of the worst values Hasbro had out for the SW line even though I liked the line for the most part.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #760 on: January 17, 2010, 06:12 PM »
Oh I totally agree that $7-$8 a pop would have been too expensive, but I - myself  have been hooked since these started at $4.99 for SW and would have totally been there to support Joe tites, but I'm probably in the minority.  Hopefully something will pop up down the road like the exclusive SW 5 packs that WM had or something, but I'm not holding my breath.

It will be interesting to see how this POC stuff does this year.  Saw the zip toy things at TRU the other day and I guess kids will dig em?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #761 on: January 18, 2010, 11:59 AM »
I was reading through some of the various Joe Q and A's, and it seems like most "new" Joe stuff (primarily the "Pursuit of Cobra" line) will be held until Fall as well.  I realize there's probably a fair amount of movie stuff to burn through at retail yet, but it seems like there's a pretty big break for a lot of Hasbro's lines coming up this year.  I'm not familiar with what is going on with Transformers, but - aside from Iron Man 2 - I wonder what the big focus/push is for Hasbro in the meantime?  I guess we'll be getting some new CW, and possibly MU stuff as well, but otherwise it is a lighter movie year than previous years have been.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #762 on: January 18, 2010, 02:55 PM »
Hasbro released 6 die-cast Titanium sized vehicles in 1982.  They made a MMS, FLAK, HAL, VAMP, RAM and MOBAT.  I have the FLAK and it is awesome.  

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/nottoys/diecasttoys.shtml
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 02:59 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #763 on: January 18, 2010, 06:00 PM »
I was in Target today and noticed the GI Joe prices went up on some figures.  There were pegs for A and B collections with A being $7.89, something like that, and the B were still $5.99.

E...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:01 PM by efranks »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #764 on: January 18, 2010, 06:45 PM »
Two of the Targets I frequent are still sitting on a mountian of "rescue mission" sets at 75% off.  I just laugh everytime I walk by.....sorry

Hasbro released 6 die-cast Titanium sized vehicles in 1982.  They made a MMS, FLAK, HAL, VAMP, RAM and MOBAT.  I have the FLAK and it is awesome.  

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/nottoys/diecasttoys.shtml

Those are AWESOME!!  First time I've even seen these.  Wish I knew about these when I was 4  ;)