Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 103487 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #780 on: January 28, 2010, 09:59 PM »
I found the Pit for $69ish something today, but no discount on the Rhino.  I'll buy the Pit at 75% off if I ever find it at that price, but still....not sure I want/need it. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #781 on: January 28, 2010, 10:26 PM »
Might have to see if the RHINO is around tomorrow. I'm still kicking myself for not picking that up when it was $5 on HTS a few years back.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #782 on: January 29, 2010, 10:20 PM »
Picked up the TRU exclusives of Doc and Shipwreck tonight. I also found the Sting Raider, but passed on it for now.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #783 on: January 30, 2010, 10:04 PM »
Found a bunch of Rhinos at 30% off today, but I'm going to wait for the next round before I pick up this repaint.  $35 is still a great price for this thing though.  No signs of the TRU stuff hitting even though I'm not that interested, but would like to at least check them out in person.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #784 on: February 1, 2010, 03:32 PM »
Well, I don't think that I'm going to have any problems finding a RHINO for cheap, I was just in Target and they put out more in the clearance aisle...coupled with the 3 in the main aisle, there are over 30 in my store.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #785 on: February 2, 2010, 01:23 AM »
Since I don't keep up with GIJ to know, I'm just going to post some new images I may get as I get them...  THought this Snake Eyes wasn't familiar to me, but maybe to you guys.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #786 on: February 2, 2010, 02:20 AM »
That's City Strike Snake Eyes, out now in ROC wave 5, if my eyes don't deceive me.  :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #787 on: February 2, 2010, 03:22 AM »
OK, I wasn't sure...  I have a tough time without seeing names knowing who's what with this line.  The joys of a non-collector trying to keep up for a collector.  ::) 

GIJ stuff tends to trickle in with other things, and so I figure better safe than sorry.  Thanks II.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #788 on: February 4, 2010, 12:01 PM »
Pits & Rhinos are 50% off today (at least at my Target)  Another 25% off and I'll cave...on both.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #789 on: February 4, 2010, 12:18 PM »
I'll buy the RHINO at 75% off.  If the 30+ at my store hang around I wouldn't be surprised if it gets to 90% off...in which case I'd buy another 2 or 3 just because.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #790 on: February 5, 2010, 01:57 AM »
OK, I wasn't sure...  I have a tough time without seeing names knowing who's what with this line.  The joys of a non-collector trying to keep up for a collector.  ::) 

GIJ stuff tends to trickle in with other things, and so I figure better safe than sorry.  Thanks II.

Did you get that image recently? It might be a preproduction piece for the Resolute multi-packs that are coming out this fall, and that this Snake Eyes (who's technically a Resolute figure) might be a lock for these packs.  :)

But all those accessories kind of throw me on that, since I doubt a Hasbro multi-pack would have all of a figure's original accessories, what with the TRU McQuarrie debacle.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #791 on: February 5, 2010, 02:02 AM »
Yeah, it's recent, but sometimes that doesn't mean much too.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #792 on: February 5, 2010, 01:49 PM »
But all those accessories kind of throw me on that, since I doubt a Hasbro multi-pack would have all of a figure's original accessories, what with the TRU McQuarrie debacle.

And didn't you love the answer they gave when asked about the accessories in that pack?  You could basically see them shrugging and saying "Huh."

I stopped in Target last night and the RIHNO was down to 50% off already, so was the Pit.  They also had the last of their figures clearance tagged at $4 and change, these are from the assortment that didn't get marked down to $3 and change a couple weeks ago.  Also have clearance tags on the 12" Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow which were just 30% off, as is the Then and Now Snow Job pack.

Basically, Target is purging Joe right now.  And if the Star Wars shortage is going to suck this summer, it's sounding like Joe could be as bad or worse since it's not sounding like anything will be shipping from that line.  At least we have some CW and Comic Packs to look forward to in the SW line...plus the (now) TRU exclusive wave.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #793 on: February 7, 2010, 03:56 PM »
What's a good site for ordering o-rings for vinty Joes?

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #794 on: February 7, 2010, 07:55 PM »
O-Rings

gijoeheaven.com

smalljoes.com

joeparts.com

ebay