Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 103473 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #795 on: February 8, 2010, 02:32 AM »
Or, you could just go to your local hardware store and get a 3/8" faucet washer, since they're ostensibly the same thing. I've used those for years to replace o-rings.   :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #796 on: February 8, 2010, 02:34 AM »
Yeah I was just going to say the same thing II did...  They're just faucet washers more or less so any hardware store should have the right stuff for a bit cheaper.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #797 on: February 13, 2010, 04:32 PM »
Excellent news, Resolute boxed sets:
- Snake Eyes
- Scarlett
- Duke
- Stalker
- Flint
- Beachhead
- Roadblock

- Storm Shadow
- Destro
- Baroness
- Zartan
- Alley Viper
- Firefly
- Cobra Commander

The Snake Eyes is a little different as far as paint apps go, but I will probably buy both of these sets based on the photos.

New Recondo and Dusty that look pretty good in the Pursuit of Cobra line (wave 2).  Couple of them are kind of terrible looking (Desert & Jungle Snake Eyes, Duke, Beachhead) while others are really different but I kind of like, such as Firefly (doesn't look like FF, but looks like a cool figure) and Zartan.

New VAMP 4x4 looks cool as does the Wolf Hound (Snowcat).  The Mech suits are re-tasked Sigma Six designs but I'm not hot on either.  I'd love to see an updated Dragonhawk, though, that ships an excellent design.  The new AWE Striker is okay, but the Nightfox pack-in figure looks excellent.  New HISS tank is kind of cool also.

E...

"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #798 on: February 13, 2010, 04:44 PM »
Also, looks like the card art we had a glimpse of a few weeks ago was real.

Also, apparently that Cobra Commander we thought would be a mail-away is now going to be a chase figure.  New Sgt. Slaughter...who will have two variants and will be an SDCC exclusive.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #799 on: February 13, 2010, 05:46 PM »
THe best news  is that NO More Actor Likenesses going into Pursuit of Cobra.

Polar/Arctic Duke is cancelled...get yours at an Ebay near you soon.

The Ripcord with the wings (can't remember the name) also cancelled, but his parts will make an appearance.

I got a great pic of Resolute Stalker's Dreads.  Will post it in our Toy Fair Coverage.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #800 on: February 13, 2010, 10:48 PM »
HissTank.com's shaky-as-**** You Tube coverage makes me nauseous.  Any idea when the JD pics will be up so I can have a Joegasm without getting carsick?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #801 on: February 13, 2010, 11:51 PM »
I wonder why no actor likenesses?  That Ripcord was awesome.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #802 on: February 14, 2010, 12:19 AM »
Just looking through some of the pics, and the upcoming Joe stuff doesn't look too bad.  Sure, it isn't 25th anniversary stuff...but as a toy line, it looks kind of nice.  Digging some of the vehicles, and the figures too.  The Resolute packs in particular are something I'm definitely hoping to pick up...has it been mentioned if these are some sort of an exclusive (I'm guessing yes), and if so, where?

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #803 on: February 14, 2010, 09:58 AM »
Firefly and Beachhead were the guys that got me hooked on the 25th line, and the new versions look great.  The new Duke is cool, too.  Normally, I don't think they can go wrong with Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow, but I don't really like either of them too much, but I'll have to wait 'till I see them in person.  I don't like the Recondo, Dusty, or Zartan at all.  A little too weird.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #804 on: February 14, 2010, 10:36 PM »
Yeah, I'm really liking what's on tap for Joe this year. Glad to see the actor likenesses being done away with, for some reason. Can't wait for those Resolute packs.  :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #805 on: February 15, 2010, 11:30 AM »
I may have missed it, but are the Resolute packs online and/or retailer exclusive?  Some of the new stuff looks pretty nice, but since I'm trying to cut back on the "other" stuff, I'll likely just grab those Resolute sets unless we start seeing more 25th style stuff.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #806 on: February 15, 2010, 01:20 PM »
They're to be online exclusives, like the Cobra Island 7-packs.  :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #807 on: February 15, 2010, 11:10 PM »
Sgt Slaughter for SDCC

Great news. I've read on other sites that there will be two versions- one with the mail-away's paint job, and the other with the paint job the figure packed with the Triple-T had.

Hopefully I'll be able to acquire this one- it has to be the best SDCC exclusive for GI Joe they've ever done.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #808 on: February 15, 2010, 11:34 PM »
I saw a few things from the Toy Fair pics that I'm interested in.  Not too much, but probably $100 worth this year.  I'm guessing 1-2 HISS Tanks, and a handful of other figures.  Not sure about the Resolute stuff right now.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #809 on: February 15, 2010, 11:55 PM »
Hopefully, that new Rage finally gets released.  They retooled the wheels and everything so hopefully they make it happen. 

Otherwise, the rest are ok and I'll probably pick up a few.  Most likely will pick up that frosty Destro.