Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 103484 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #870 on: April 3, 2010, 05:32 PM »
what are some of the POC things that have been cancelled?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 3, 2010, 06:00 PM »
That would be something I would want to visit in person before I dropped that much money on it.  I would also want to pick it up in person, (it is a 4 hour drive from the house)....

Are you going to bite?  I don't keep up with all things eBay, but $10K is a bit much in my eyes for this thing.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #872 on: April 3, 2010, 06:46 PM »
what are some of the POC things that have been cancelled?

Any figures with actor likenesses, like Arctic Threat Duke and Desert Battle Ripcord. There's also Jungle Assualt Duke, Elite Ice Viper, and the Night Raven repaint that seem to have been axed in their current forms. Hasbro has said the parts from some of these figures will see release, but not the way they are now. Also, the Snow Job and Zartan that are on ebay now won't have near as many accessories when they're released this fall.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 3, 2010, 06:51 PM »
Just scored a vintage HAVOC on ebay for $18 shipped.  ;D

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 3, 2010, 08:34 PM »
That would be something I would want to visit in person before I dropped that much money on it.  I would also want to pick it up in person, (it is a 4 hour drive from the house)....

Are you going to bite?  I don't keep up with all things eBay, but $10K is a bit much in my eyes for this thing.

No chance.  If I spend that kind of money it needs to be 65+ years old and have US Army Painted on it.

In fact I can't think of any toy that would coax me into dropping that much coin at one time or even a 10th of that.

I'm just saying if any of you guys want in on it, fly to Dallas, I'll pay for gas one way to OKLAHOMA...just to see it.

Sadly look at that surroundings of that thing... this thing is MINT in a MINT box?  That is the only thing Mint or complete in any of the pics...except the complete mess.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 3, 2010, 10:35 PM »
Also, the Snow Job and Zartan that are on ebay now won't have near as many accessories when they're released this fall.

whoa - that one sucks right there!  I really like the Zartan figure and all he comes with - and the mere fact that Snow Job comes (or would have come) with all that cool **** was the only factor that had me re-buying yet another Snow Job figure - so Hasbro is gonna lose a sale (or several) from me on this.

You have a link to where they say they are going to be canning all this stuff?  I remember reading about dropping the actor's likeness', but the drop in accessories is what I am not remembering.  

So am I to assume that both Zartan and Ripcord will have different heads?  If so, are there pics out for their new heads?  linky please   ;D

edit:  Ok, I saw in some pics over at CTR that in the display at TF, Zartan still had the ROC head with what looks like all of his accessories, but in the "Press Images" it is more of a Resolute style headsculpt showing him only with his machine gun (I sure hope he comes with more than just his machine gun - I want it all).  The deco between the two are also very different - with press release version looking way too clean.  The same thing can be said in the differences between the old/new variations of Jungle Duke - he is a lot cleaner now too.

Anyway, Now I guess I am still curious as to what accessories will be coming with Zartan and Snow Job, and am also still looking for a pic of what Ripcords head will look like now.

ps - can I still expect Dusty and Recondo to come with everything they were shown with at Toy Fair?
« Last Edit: April 3, 2010, 11:45 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 4, 2010, 08:40 PM »
I don't have any links about the Night Raven getting canceled, but there is this link with official images from Hasbro where Snow Job and Zartan seem to lack a lot of accessories we saw them with (and bought from) ws_toys.

Hisstank linky.

I have a Snow Job on my desk, and I can see that this image here lacks most of his accessories- skis, skipoles, gas can, bedroll, and probably some others. Of course, this image also has a 25th Ann.-design stand, whereas mine has a ROC-styled one. It's a little confusing as to what's really going on, but I think it's wise to pick up some of those figs from ws_toys because I can easily see Hasbro getting rid of all those accessories.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 4, 2010, 10:10 PM »
I was wondering about that Snow Job, but then I was wondering if maybe the photo just didn't detail everything?  But I'm pretty sure that they specifically said that the Cobra Commander figure, now that it's a chase and not mail-away, would lose some of the accessories that were initially slated for him.

Come to think of it, though, I don't recall seeing the Snow Job figure in the booth at Toy Fair.  And I can't spot any pictures of him on the couple of sites I looked at quickly.  Mabye they only released that press photo?

Hmmm...maybe I should jump on one of those in-hand eBay auctions and snag him because that's one that I do want.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 5, 2010, 12:28 PM »
I kind of want the Zartan.  Guess I'll spring for one soon, all those accessories look really cool.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 5, 2010, 02:47 PM »
I was looking at the ToyFair pics and they had two carded figures (Jungle Duke and Storm Shadow) that were packaged with quite a few accessories each. It didn't look like Duke had the missile launcher, but it seemed that both rifles, the knife, and backpack were present.

Either way, I'm pretty excited about this line. These figures seem to look a bit more realistic than the movie figures. I'll definitely pick and choose when buying, but I think POC is shaping up to be a solid line.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 9, 2010, 04:13 AM »
GI Joe 1987 Defiant brand new sealed MISB AFA graded

I'll be honest- if I had the cash, I'd buy this thing, break that acrylic case, and open that sucker up.

And I'd probably be living in the box it came in if I did buy it.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #881 on: April 9, 2010, 09:50 AM »
Wow.   :o

Ben, you can swing living in a box right?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 9, 2010, 10:00 AM »
As cool as the Flagg is, if I had the cash I'd go with the Defiant also.  And I'm with II, I'd open that and set it up.

I've always been more impressed with that than probably any other Joe vehicle.  I don't even really remember that from when I was a kid, because I'm pretty sure if I was still buying Joes when that came out I'd have done anything to get my hands on one.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 9, 2010, 11:23 AM »
I remember spending the night at a buddy's house and walking home that Saturday morning.  It was trash day and sitting right there on the curb with two trash bins was the base for the Defiant.  The shuttles and accessories were missing, but I didn't care.  That thing was HUGH!  Dragged that sucker all the way home with me.  I had the Crusader which was a repaint of the smaller shuttle so that worked out well. 

I'm picking up the Terror Drome next month and I have a feeling it's going to lead me back to these larger playsets.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 9, 2010, 11:41 AM »
I had the Defiant as a kid.  It's still at my parents house, but it's in horrifying shape now.  Had a lot of fun with it.

On a side note, I'm going to be going through a complete restore of my Terror Drome this summer, and depending on how it looks, I may decide to custom paint it if I feel it would look better... then it's going to be given to my son for Christmas or his birthday, depending on when I get it done.