Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 103772 times)

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #315 on: July 9, 2009, 08:42 PM »
A local Target had GI Joe Comic Packs and Jet Vehicles at 75% off on their clearance end-caps.  Comic packs for 3 something and vehicles for 6 something - nice prices for those that collect the line.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #316 on: July 10, 2009, 11:18 AM »
A local Target had GI Joe Comic Packs and Jet Vehicles at 75% off on their clearance end-caps.  Comic packs for 3 something and vehicles for 6 something - nice prices for those that collect the line.

I saw the same reduction here as well.

Also ... I broke down and bought Destro, Storm Shadow, and Snake Eyes from the ROC line.  Ugh.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #317 on: July 10, 2009, 07:07 PM »
My Target is out of stock on the single carded 25th figures as well as the comic packs, but there were a couple jets on the shelf tonight for $6.24.

Also, my store had the new ROC figures for $6.99 down from $7.99.  I should have waited a couple days I guess.  I'm not sure if I'll bother to try for an adjustment on my receipts or not.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #318 on: July 10, 2009, 07:37 PM »
The one figure no one has?  Ice Vipers.   :(  Been everywhere and no dice so far.  All wave 2 figures except for Storm Shadow are in short suuply.  Got the last TRU Firefly - really nice figure - today, along with Desert Duke.  I think I will wait for the sale to pick up some more.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #319 on: July 10, 2009, 11:06 PM »
Actually Darb, I picked up the last Ice Viper at TRU when I was picking up Firefly. Can't figure out why this Viper is in such short supply when the Neo Viper and the Commando are everywhere in huge numbers. But he is out there.

Still looking for Boob Armor Scarlett. I saw one on Tuesday, but passed. Regretful. I was also pretty tempted to pick up another Conquest for $6.24, but I already have trouble storing the one I have, so I passed on that. I did finally get Desert Duke and Destro, who are great figures.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #320 on: July 10, 2009, 11:40 PM »
Curses!   ;)

I'll look tomorrow.  I'm actually having a lot of fun searching for these.  More fun than I've had with SW (since I've ordered all the recent stuff from HTS).  I just have to make sure I don't go too nuts with these. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #321 on: July 11, 2009, 12:03 AM »
I'm liking these because I can actually find them. Nuts to retailers for dropping the ball on waves 6&7 of Legacy! Anyway, I have eight of these so far, and I figure after Shipwreck, Cover Girl, and either Scarlett, I'll wait for TRU's sale to add some more.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #322 on: July 11, 2009, 12:48 AM »
I only have PP Snakes Eyes right now who one of the best figures ever. I would have brought Desert Duke and SS but I won an item on ebay from SW 1985 POTF line Complete C10 for $20.50 !!!!!!!!!!! who is not Anakin  ;D

so next week I try to pick up Firefly, Ice Viper, Desert Duke and SS.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #323 on: July 11, 2009, 11:46 AM »
So who is it..?  (The POTF figure).

I'll probably go back out today in search of Ice Vipers, and maybe to go back for Barbeque.  I'm not too hot on the new paint scheme (would have like to have seen something to go along with the movie gray look) but I like the guy. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #324 on: July 11, 2009, 05:00 PM »
I saw three Ice Vipers at a Target this past week, came damn close to buying them... however, I just am not that big of a fan of winter enviroment figures since I have a feeling there won't be all that many characters made in that gear, so I passed.  I know Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are coming out in that gear.

Anyway, this past week I picked up the following:

- Cobra Commander x 1
- Snake Eyes Paris Pursuit x 2
- TRU Firefly x 1
- Scarlet Desert Ambush x 1

I guess I need to pick up a couple of the Cobra humvees soon...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #325 on: July 11, 2009, 06:36 PM »
Strange things happen in lifeless threads when you take a week's vacation.  Found everything today, but I'm still not biting at this point even though most of the figures look amazing.  Sales are inevitable.

Still looking for Boob Armor Scarlett. I saw one on Tuesday, but passed. Regretful. I was also pretty tempted to pick up another Conquest for $6.24

There's still tons of original Rats and Conquests up here at 30% off at stores that still have them, but snagged me a PP Quest this morning at your price.  Not bad.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #326 on: July 11, 2009, 10:53 PM »
I hadn't planned on getting any of the movie characters since I have little to no interest in the movie at all, but I saw Shipwreck and broke down and picked him up since he's my favorite Joe, and I have to say I'm rather impressed. He comes loaded with gear, and his design is actually pretty cool too. I may grab a couple more in the future, just cuz I actually dig the designs of a couple of characters.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #327 on: July 12, 2009, 01:46 PM »
I had only planned on getting a few of these figures (mainly Cobra Commander and the obligatory Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow), but the figures look as good as the film looks bad.  Hasbro obviously put a lot of work into this line, and I've wound up buying about 13 figures so far.  I've had some minor gripes here and there (lack of workable holsters and scabbar on some figures), but overall, I've been very happy with the stuff I've gotten.

I wound up breaking down and buying the Cobra Gunship toy, as I thought I could use it for some kind of Clone Trooper covert insertion vehicle, but after getting it put together, I really wished I had some talent and/or knowledge of painting things so I could not only do it in Republic colors, but also add some weathering.  As it is, it's one solid silver-gray color with absolutely no wear whatsoever.  Sure, there are some little black and red things here and there (the red mostly due to labels and missiles), but while it's nice design-wise, the detailing is SORELY lacking.  And don't even get me started on the total waste of a figure in the "Firefly" non-paint.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #328 on: July 12, 2009, 03:15 PM »
I'm seeing Ice Vipers all over the place, and saw a few Ice Daggers today too.

On another note, does anyone know if a corrected Cobra Commander will come out with tubes that go from the holes in the back of his mask to the holes in his chest?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #329 on: July 12, 2009, 05:54 PM »
What's collection A & B supposed to be?  Non-movie & movie characters?  My Targets still don't get Hasbro's reasoning for these type of things.

Saw the TRU Firefly & BBQ repaints yesterday and they look pretty nice....GAH!  This entire line looks nice - including the vehicles and their respective drivers/pilots.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN