Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 104791 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #330 on: July 12, 2009, 07:20 PM »
Found my Ice Vipers.   ;D  But around here anyway, he and the Armor Scarlett are by far the least plentiful.  Collection 1 and 2 are main characters and not so main characters, judging from the assortments.  I have no idea who is and isn't in the movie, but I think some secondary characters (Shipwreck, Deep Six) are not.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #331 on: July 12, 2009, 08:02 PM »
This line definitely kicks ass so far.  I'm actually going to look at Joe stuff before SW on my toy runs now, never thought that day would happen.

Sorry to hear the Cobra Gunship is a letdown... I think $25 seems like a very high price on it.  Waiting until Walmart puts their stuff out to see if the vehicles might be a bit cheaper there or not. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #332 on: July 12, 2009, 08:16 PM »
Waiting until Walmart puts their stuff out to see if the vehicles might be a bit cheaper there or not. 

WM totally missed the boat on new Joe stuff.  None of the 3-4 stores I visited over the weekend had anything. other than old stuff.  Just another reason to not like the store I suppose.  meh....   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #333 on: July 12, 2009, 08:24 PM »
My Walmart store hasn't had any Joe figures since the first of the year.  I wasn't in there this weekend, I think Thursday was the last time I stopped, and there is no hint of the ROC figures.  I'm thinking that since my store completely skipped both the Star Trek and Terminator figures, and never carried any 2009 Joe product, that they may completely skip Joe as well.  I'll be in there tomorrow, though, and I'll see if they finally stocked.

On another note, I found more figures at Target today.  Say Destro, Dessert Duke and Baroness.  There might have been some other new figs out but I didn't look past those three which stood out.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #334 on: July 12, 2009, 09:58 PM »
Hisstank.com had a few pics of some battlepacks/multipacks/exclusives. You know a toy line is good when the repaints and repacks are good looking. Sorry to derail from the ROC toy talk...

Regarding the 7-packs (Cobra Island) BBTS has them for $70.00 per set... I'm going to plug Outer Rim Collectibles as a local guy runs the site. He doesn't have the sets listed yet, but I bet he will in a few days and at a decent price so I'd say keep your eyes there if you're looking for a deal.

My dealer at theouterrimcollectibles.com now has the Assault on Cobra Island sets for pre-order at $67 per set. If you're into supporting small business and/or haven't placed an order yet, his site is a great e-store to work with. He also has the Wave 5 vehicles for order as well.

Now back to ROC talk...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #335 on: July 12, 2009, 10:33 PM »
I got some early b-day presents from the wife and kids...really good stuff.

I had sworn to not get any of the Zombie-Vipers, but I think I'll get as many MARS troopers as I can find.  Plus that Crimson Viper has a great looking weapon.

Greg have your buddy send me an email, we'll pimp his stuff on the site on the front page.  I am all about the small business. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #336 on: July 13, 2009, 12:30 AM »
My Walmarts did put out some Joe stuff about two weeks ago, but just 12" stuff.  I think that since it's a Hasbro product, and they carried so much of the 25th stuff, it's just a matter of time before they put out a boatload of Joe merchandise.  I'm guessing that with the back and forth on the release date, they just got caught with their pants down due to warehouse distribution, etc. 

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #337 on: July 13, 2009, 10:47 AM »
My local Wal-Mart had a pallet with vehicles, two sides of figures, and mighty muggs. The store had a Hasbro rep working on it so I wasn't too surprised to see it happen in a timely manner but they were still late by a few days.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #338 on: July 13, 2009, 12:11 PM »
The JoeBattleLines forums have some pics up of various store exclusives for the Joe movie line.  The "Past and Present" set is kind of neat.  I also saw a report on 16bit.com that TRU is having a 2 for $10 sale on movie figures this weekend, so that's not too bad for anyone interested.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #339 on: July 13, 2009, 01:14 PM »
Waiting until Walmart puts their stuff out to see if the vehicles might be a bit cheaper there or not. 

WM totally missed the boat on new Joe stuff.  None of the 3-4 stores I visited over the weekend had anything. other than old stuff.  Just another reason to not like the store I suppose.  meh....   ::)

My Walmarts too.  Zero Joe stuff.

They've been pretty good with the Star Wars waves 6 and 7 though.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #340 on: July 13, 2009, 04:15 PM »
The "Past and Present" set is kind of neat.

Hell yes.  Great idea IMO and something I'd consider leaving boxed up for this line, but the idea probably won't be around too long since it appears to be exclusive to Target.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #341 on: July 13, 2009, 05:52 PM »
My new photonovel featuring some new movie figures is now online.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #342 on: July 13, 2009, 07:21 PM »
Hah...  Shipwreck..  Hahahah
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #343 on: July 13, 2009, 07:50 PM »
That Past & Present set is cool.  I don't see anything on that list that is a must have, though.

Update on my post yesterday, my Walmart has ZERO GI Joe product in store as of today.  I'm pretty certain that my store is not going to carry Joe going forward.  As I said before, they skipped both Star Trek and Terminator but they did load up for Transformers.

Oh, and they did stock figures for the biggest summer movie besides Transformers; G-Force.  That movie is going to be HUGE!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #344 on: July 13, 2009, 10:49 PM »
I broke down and bought a couple more, the Neo Viper and Destro. I gotta say, it's mostly the Cobra guys that seem to be capturing my interest, they just seem to look much more interesting than the Joes, I'll probably end up grabbing a handful more of these guys, but unless they release a ton more cool bad guys I probably won't get much. I must say I am impressed by the overall execution, the sculpts are sharp and theres actually some nice paint detail for what I'm used to from Hasbro.