Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 104662 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #405 on: July 31, 2009, 01:04 PM »
Got my Mindbender today.  Thanks Paul!!   :)

Saw Target's R.H.I.N.O. this morning at $49.99.  Glad I picked up the DTC version or whatever it was at HTS for $5 or whatever I paid.  Nice vehicle though.  Reminds me of that thing from Aliens.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #406 on: July 31, 2009, 02:04 PM »
Got my Mindbender today.  Thanks Paul!!   :)

Saw Target's R.H.I.N.O. this morning at $49.99.  Glad I picked up the DTC version or whatever it was at HTS for $5 or whatever I paid.  Nice vehicle though.  Reminds me of that thing from Aliens.

I haven't seen this yet, I'll have to look up some pictures of it.  I remember seeing them on HTS for some insanely low price at one time.  The R.H.I.N.O. and the R.O.C.C. both got blown out for around $10 each or something. 

Anyone have the DTC version and also picked up this new one that can compare to see if there are any major differences?  If it goes to clearance at Target I may be temped to get one after having passed on the HTS deal.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #407 on: July 31, 2009, 04:43 PM »
Found some wave 3 today. Only Helix and a couple of Flash figures, though. There was also a weird Crimson Neo-Viper that has to be a candidate for worst repaint ever.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #408 on: July 31, 2009, 04:54 PM »
There was also a weird Crimson Neo-Viper that has to be a candidate for worst repaint ever.

I had no intention of getting the Crimson Neo Viper until one of my friends (Hi Dave!) told me that one of the accessories was a small box with a hole big enough for an arm to fit through with a snake inside.  Any toy that comes with a grisly initiation rites instrument is a-ok with me, especially when it isn't made to fall completely apart when you look at it wrong (you know, like everything McFarlane Toys did back in the day).

Now, if someone could just explain how Flash's gun rope connects to his body...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #409 on: July 31, 2009, 04:57 PM »
That's a pretty cool accessory Doc.  Had no clue, but those Vipers are just fugly so I'm not picking any of them up.

It doesn't - it connects to the bottom big freakin rocket launcher.  At least that's all I could figure out.  Kinda makes you wonder what that extra hole is for on his back though.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #410 on: August 1, 2009, 12:31 AM »
That's a pretty cool accessory Doc.  Had no clue, but those Vipers are just fugly so I'm not picking any of them up.

It doesn't - it connects to the bottom big freakin rocket launcher.  At least that's all I could figure out.  Kinda makes you wonder what that extra hole is for on his back though.   :-\

Huh??

I got mine to plug into the hole in the back with no problem.  IIRC, one of the pegs is slightly larger than the other, and I think that one goes into the laser and the smaller one goes into the hole in the back.  Maybe vice versa, but it definitely fits in that hole in his back (not the backpack hole, the hole in his red armor thing, near his neck).
« Last Edit: August 1, 2009, 12:31 AM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #411 on: August 1, 2009, 01:20 AM »
Saw lots of the $10 exlusives at Target tonight, with Snake Eyes on cycle, a Cobra Eel with a sled, Air Viper w/ CLAW, and some other Joe.  Passed, but they looked kinda nifty.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #412 on: August 1, 2009, 02:11 AM »
Picked up Cobra Commander tonight, gotta say, his design has kind of grown on me over the past little while, so I'm liking him qite a bit. I think that about does it for me for this line I'd say, not too much else coming that really interests me.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #413 on: August 1, 2009, 05:01 PM »
My Assault on Cobra Island set arrived today, so that, coupled with Paul's Dr. Mindbender (thanks again) catches me up with everything I wanted from the 25th line (well, except for a couple of Stingers, but I'm not paying $25 ea + shipping for those).

The set's pretty cool.  I wish Altitude's head looked a little more like the old school Ripcord, since that's what he is to me, and I also wish we'd gotten the same Outback as packed in with the FLAK.  Other than that, though, I like it.  Recondo's especially good, I think.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #414 on: August 1, 2009, 05:57 PM »
Huh??

I got mine to plug into the hole in the back with no problem.  IIRC, one of the pegs is slightly larger than the other, and I think that one goes into the laser and the smaller one goes into the hole in the back.  Maybe vice versa, but it definitely fits in that hole in his back (not the backpack hole, the hole in his red armor thing, near his neck).

Doesn't fit on mine. Both pegs are too big to fit in either hole.  Been trying for days since I bought him.   :-\

Saw lots of the $10 exlusives at Target tonight, with Snake Eyes on cycle, a Cobra Eel with a sled, Air Viper w/ CLAW, and some other Joe.  Passed, but they looked kinda nifty.

Found all four today and am very happy with them.   Especially at $9.99   :)

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #415 on: August 2, 2009, 02:02 AM »
Sorry I hadn't checked in a while, but yes the modern version of that helmet is done and was up in the store.  I sold 18 copies of it right away, but there will be more restocked shortly.  Been really busy getting things ready for Con, so the painted samples that Paul promised to a few guys are still WIP.

On the plus side, I did finish my first two ROC customs for the contest at Con.  You guys will be the first to see it:

Just got to add a waterslide movie Joe logo to his chest and he's done.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2009, 02:09 AM by Alyosha »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #416 on: August 2, 2009, 02:30 AM »
I saw the R.H.I.N.O. at Target today.  I actually think that's the first time I've seen one in person.  I know I saw the R.O.C.C. when it was at TRU but I don't think I ever saw the DTC version of this.  Anyway, it's a big, heavy vehicle and looks like it has some nice play features.  I'm not spending $50 on it, though.  If it goes to clearance, maybe.

Target moved a bunch of their stuff around and they're about half way through their new aisle set so I was surprised to see this today.  I thought they'd wait for the reset to be done.  I haven't seen the exclusive $10 vehicles yet.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #417 on: August 2, 2009, 11:39 AM »
Is anybody here going to make it to JoeCon this year?  I am 100% out, with moving the house, now possibly moving the office and the fact that the weekend scheduled is the last one before my daughter goes back to school, it is not happening.  I even have in-laws in town and could not swing the trip.

I'm going, but only on Saturday.  I live in the KC area so it's pretty close to home.  :)  If I wasn't crutching it right now (surgery) I'd probably go for the full weekend, but I think I'll just hit it up on Saturday, see what I can, hopefully grab a couple of exclusives, and call it a day.

Anyone know how much the exclusive Crimson 3 3/4" set and the 12" Baroness are going to run?  I haven't seen prices anywhere but admittedly I haven't looked that hard.

John

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #418 on: August 2, 2009, 12:28 PM »
The Crimson Strike Team set will run you about $280.  I'm not sure how much the Baroness is but she's $30 on HasbroToyShop.com so hopefully she woudn't be much more than that.

The Para-Drop figure from this year's con is a 12" Crimson Guard figure that looks totally awesome.  He has an extra weapons accessory pack that you can buy as well.  I'm going to have to figure out how to get ahold of one of those.

E...

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #419 on: August 2, 2009, 03:27 PM »
The GI Joe club has a twitter page that they've been updating leading up to the con.  A cool animated video was released this morning.  Very cool. 

http://twitter.com/GIJoeCon 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmPfsJaJiGA