Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 104356 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #480 on: August 21, 2009, 01:11 AM »
Hisstank has a nice photo of the City Strike Snake Eyes.

I'll definitely be picking up that figure when it hits.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #481 on: August 21, 2009, 09:28 AM »
Alyosha got one of the "Resolute" ones from a contact in HK, maybe he can tell us if they are identical.  I know the head is the same sculpt.

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #482 on: August 21, 2009, 03:30 PM »
With the exception of a little paint being differently colored, yes, they are identical. 

Also, finally got done resizing and hosting all my Joe Con pics.  Cruise on over and take a look:

http://www.brokenarrowtoys.com/forum/index.php?topic=557.0

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #483 on: August 21, 2009, 06:42 PM »
Great pics Alyosha, well the non-blurry ones anyhow.   ;)  Actually saw a few figs in there that I missed on some of the other sites somehow.  Guess I was just lazily clicking around since I'm not too overly excited about most of the new stuff.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #484 on: August 21, 2009, 06:57 PM »
Yeah, great pics, thanks for sharing.  Even though a lot of the upcoming stuff is "movie based", I'll admit some of it looks pretty cool.  I'm probably going to try to stay away for the most part to save some money, and stick with my original plan of maybe just picking up the Joes that were actually in the movie - but some of that stuff is tempting.  I would like to get the Resolute Snake Eyes though (and any others if they continue those).  On a side note, I stopped in at TRU today to check if they had the Han/Chewie Legends figures (they didn't), and found an Arctic Assault Snake Eyes.  Kind of a neat figure I thought.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #485 on: August 22, 2009, 01:27 AM »
I'm probably going to try to stay away for the most part to save some money, and stick with my original plan of maybe just picking up the Joes that were actually in the movie - but some of that stuff is tempting.

I'm not even going that route.  The movie was kinda blah to me and I know there's going to be a ton of sequels, but I just don't want the lineup that was in the movie in 30 different outfits.  I'm just going to pick and choose from this point until they return to the vinty stuff.  Kinda nice to be able to do this since I'm trying to wain myself of EVERYTHING Hasbro Star Wars.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #486 on: August 24, 2009, 06:03 PM »
Anyone know where to find the single-pack G.I.Joe Combat Heroes?  I remember the single-pack Galactic Heroes were at Big Lots stores for a while...anyone know if that's where I can find these as well?

Thanks.

John

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #487 on: August 24, 2009, 09:23 PM »
I didn't know they were doing the same with the Joe figures.

The Galactic Heroes figures showed up at Big Lots but single-packed items like this have also shown up in grocery stores and pharmacies like CVS or Rite Aid.  If I find info on this in my forum browsing I'll post it but, as I said, this is the first I've heard of the Joe figures getting single pack releases.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #488 on: August 25, 2009, 09:46 AM »
I hadn't heard about it until I ran across a couple on eBay.

Scarlett

Baroness

Baroness appears to be the one from the Flint/Baroness 2-pack, and Scarlett looks like she might even be a different sculpt, or at least a repaint of the Destro/Scarlett 2-pack.  Definitely different than the ROC version.  Looking at that seller's closed auctions (HERE) he also had Duke, Destro, Hawk, Storm Shadow, Viper and Snake Eyes.

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #489 on: August 25, 2009, 01:39 PM »
Just out of curiosity, did anyone end up picking up "the Pit" from the Rise of Cobra line?  I don't have any desire to get it personally, but I was wondering how the "BMF" treatment was treating other lines outside of Star Wars.  Honestly, I might have been more interested if it was just a "sitting" Pit playset that could cross over to 25th stuff.  The whole tiered/mobile thing just didn't look all that interesting to me.  It might be a lot of fun though (especially for kids), it will be interesting to see how it sells.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #490 on: August 25, 2009, 07:09 PM »
I got one and I agree with you.  If it was less mobile it would be more "fun" to me, but my daughter LOVES that it packs up and "moves". 

It is a pretty fun set (Ping Pong table and paddles) but if it was more "RAH GI JOE HQ" from the old days, I could get more use out of it.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #491 on: August 25, 2009, 07:21 PM »
Just a heads up to those with a Gordman's nearby - I found the newest wave with Arctic Snake Eyes, Paris Baroness, Delta Duke, Para-Viper, etc there.  Their "sale" price was $7.99, but considering it's the first I've seen of them in this area I thought I'd let everyone know.

John

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #492 on: August 26, 2009, 12:08 AM »
Got around to picking up a TRU Exclusive Firefly today.  Great figure.

By the way, does anybody know why Army Man Duke comes with that dogtag shaped stand instead of the same stand as all of the other ROC guys?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #493 on: August 26, 2009, 12:31 AM »
Not a Joe yet at that time?  ???
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #494 on: August 26, 2009, 11:25 AM »
I hadn't heard about it until I ran across a couple on eBay.

Scarlett

Baroness

Baroness appears to be the one from the Flint/Baroness 2-pack, and Scarlett looks like she might even be a different sculpt, or at least a repaint of the Destro/Scarlett 2-pack.  Definitely different than the ROC version.  Looking at that seller's closed auctions (HERE) he also had Duke, Destro, Hawk, Storm Shadow, Viper and Snake Eyes.

John

Hey John,
  There was a post on the HissTank.com forums that the single packs were found at Family Dollar for $3.00.  One poster said they are the ARAH figures repainted in ROC colors so that's why some of them may not look like movie characters, yet do...  You know what I mean.

E...