Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 104362 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #585 on: October 1, 2009, 07:46 PM »
The GI Joe club is offering some great deals on older convention sets.  You can get any combo of 3 12" sets from 1999 - 2005 for $285 +shipping.  They have the 2004 and 2005 3.75" sets for $130 each.  That's the Dreadnok Rampage and General Mayhem sets.

They should be adding things throughout the month.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #586 on: October 1, 2009, 10:33 PM »
The GI Joe club is offering some great deals on older convention sets.  You can get any combo of 3 12" sets from 1999 - 2005 for $285 +shipping.  They have the 2004 and 2005 3.75" sets for $130 each.  That's the Dreadnok Rampage and General Mayhem sets.

They should be adding things throughout the month.

E...

I have no clue as to what you're talking about and I plan to keep it that way. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #587 on: October 2, 2009, 12:10 PM »
Noticed this morning at Target that the Combat Heros are down to $4.99.  Pretty sure that's where the Galactic Heroes started off at.  They also had some Joe roleplay stuff on clearance...already - before Halloween.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #588 on: October 2, 2009, 12:11 PM »
My Wal-Marts just jumped the Pit playset from $99 to $129.

Um...good thinking.  They weren't moving before, but charge thirty bucks more, and they're sure to fly off the shelves.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #589 on: October 2, 2009, 04:06 PM »
That goes along with a report that the Clone Wars 2-packs at Walmart went from $12 something to $16.74. 

Any of that clearanced role play Joe stuff at Target include Breaker's digital headset/camera/walkie talkie?  I think that thing looks like fun.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #590 on: October 2, 2009, 04:11 PM »
I didn't really pay attention, but I'll check again on my next visit.
« Last Edit: October 2, 2009, 04:16 PM by iFett »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #591 on: October 2, 2009, 04:59 PM »
I'm stopping in Target on the way home tonight, I'll take a look to see if they have anything on clearance.

Anyone buy one of those headsets?  I was just wondering how the pictures look, if the walkie talkie works.

E...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #592 on: October 6, 2009, 06:22 PM »
My Wal-Marts just jumped the Pit playset from $99 to $129.

Um...good thinking.  They weren't moving before, but charge thirty bucks more, and they're sure to fly off the shelves.

I was thinking about getting one, but now I'm sure I need multiples.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #593 on: October 7, 2009, 09:53 AM »
Numerous DVD and Entertainment sites are reporting that Resolute will be on DVD in November.

There was some mention about the Rise of Cobra DVD too, but I did not pay attention.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #594 on: October 7, 2009, 10:41 AM »
I think the mention of Rise of Cobra was because there is a possibility of releasing them at the same time.  I saw the same headline about Resolute but didn't read the actual article.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #595 on: October 9, 2009, 12:07 PM »
Joes are $5.99 at Targets out here now in MN and it's not just a TPC either.  Not sure if it was Hasbro's idea or Targets, but it's certianly a step in the right direction if they want to keep this line afloat.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #596 on: October 9, 2009, 12:55 PM »
No change on price here, at least not as of last night at about 6:00.

E...

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #597 on: October 9, 2009, 01:33 PM »
I picked up a Doctor Rex Lewis the other night; I think that about does it for the movie figures I'm interested in (although I will admit to being sorely tempted to pick up a few of the new black and red Para-Vipers...those things look niiiiiiice).
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #598 on: October 9, 2009, 04:31 PM »
Joes are $5.99 at Targets out here now in MN and it's not just a TPC either.  Not sure if it was Hasbro's idea or Targets, but it's certianly a step in the right direction if they want to keep this line afloat.

Same here for the two Targets that I was at today.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #599 on: October 17, 2009, 01:06 AM »
I'm finally seeing the Charbroil wave show up at Gordman's stores.  They've been the first to get this wave and the Doctor wave in my area.

Also saw the new 12" figures at a Wal Mart the other day.  Honestly I had no idea these were coming out.  I know they're cheapo figures, but I actually kind of like them.  I did a review if anyone's interested.

http://www.figureportal.com/2009/10/16/review-hasbro-g-i-joe-12-series-2

John