Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 104477 times)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #675 on: November 16, 2009, 10:31 PM »
Sounds like Canada stores are getting a lot of the Target Wave 2 Deluxe sets.  Apparently they are clogging shelves up there.  Over on Hiss.com they found Serpents Armors, Python Rattlers and other Target exclusives at Zellers.  Maybe that's why they haven't been seen at all Targets. 

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-news-rumors/59895-roc-rescue-mission-set-out-canada-now.html

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-news-rumors/53016-found-target-wave-2-exclusives-20.html

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #676 on: November 17, 2009, 01:35 AM »
I've been scouring ebay for the last few weeks, since I decided to go after vintage Joes that I really wanted. As my first purchase on this new endeavor, I chose Leatherneck, one of my first Joes and one of the first to disappear back in the day.

This is the photo from the auction. I'd take another, but you know. I got this figure today, and it's great to have this fig again after 21 years. Some little rat bastard that lived in the government housing behind my parent's house stole him, Wet Suit, Gung Ho v2, and Serpentor out of my yard and also swiped my Devilfish. They moved shortly thereafter, so I didn't get them all back, but I never forgot about this one since he was my main army dude.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #677 on: November 17, 2009, 07:38 AM »
Leatherneck is one of my main wants for the 25th line (the **** version released with the AWE Striker doesn't count).  I really, really, really hope that line makes a comeback.  I bought a few of the ROC figures, but want figures in the classic colors.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #678 on: November 17, 2009, 11:28 AM »
Picked up the Outpost Defender and Heet Missile sets at Wal-Mart last night.  Freaking cool, though I don't really care for the figures included.  The Roadblock still can't hold a rifle worth a damn.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #679 on: November 17, 2009, 11:44 AM »
Some little rat bastard that lived in the government housing behind my parent's house stole him, Wet Suit, Gung Ho v2, and Serpentor out of my yard and also swiped my Devilfish. They moved shortly thereafter, so I didn't get them all back, but I never forgot about this one since he was my main army dude.

Ha...Well not really funny, but I remember back in Kindergarten when some shmuck stole my Firefly, Baroness, CC, Destro + a few others and even had the balls to showcase them on "show & tell" day.  I was PO'd, but couldn't convince the teachers that he stole them from me.  Glad I finally have them all back in my collection though - like you Ben...after all these years.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #680 on: November 17, 2009, 11:49 AM »
Some little rat bastard that lived in the government housing behind my parent's house stole him, Wet Suit, Gung Ho v2, and Serpentor out of my yard and also swiped my Devilfish. They moved shortly thereafter, so I didn't get them all back, but I never forgot about this one since he was my main army dude.

Ha...Well not really funny, but I remember back in Kindergarten when some shmuck stole my Firefly, Baroness, CC, Destro + a few others and even had the balls to showcase them on "show & tell" day.  I was PO'd, but couldn't convince the teachers that he stole them from me.  Glad I finally have them all back in my collection though - like you Ben...after all these years.   :)

That's what fists are for... seriously, I would have been in big trouble if a kid stole my figures while at school.  It actually did happen to me when I was in 2nd grade during the summer, and while I took a couple hits in return, I did get my figures back. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #681 on: November 17, 2009, 01:12 PM »
Not sure if you guys have seen this already (or if you even care about this remake), but the new ROC Night Raven is just $20 at HTS today - Deal of the Day.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #682 on: November 17, 2009, 09:03 PM »
Another installment of "Why does a Star Wars site get to ask GI JOE Questions".....

1) Can you provide some more details on the upcoming HISS tank?  It looks
> like it is a decent size, and very much a modern version of the old school
> 80s tank that we all know and love.  Can you provide any new photos of
> this, and perhaps a comparison of it next to the old mold?

Generally speaking we do not release images of works in progress, as
details can change. We will be showing the new H.I.S.S. Tank at Toy Fair
in February when more details will be available.

>
> 2) The 25th styled figures with ROC-ish Paint jobs are some of JD.com
> owner Paul's favorites in the line (Cobra Paratrooper in Black is superb),
> is this something we can expect to see more of in the POC line and if so,
> is there anything that would determine who gets the crossover treatment?

Alley Viper is planned to be released as a single carded figure with
updated gear and deco - watch out for him in the Pursuit of Cobra line!

>
> 3) The weapons for some figures seemed "differently" scaled compared to
> their real life counterparts (the ones that exist anyway), are weapons
> sculpted by the same sculptor who does the figure or are they done by a
> separate sculptor?  Are some hands sculpted to specific weapons?

We try to mix fantasy and reality when designing figures and their
accessories. While some items are represented to scale other items may not
- this is left to the vision of the designer. In some cases they may
sculpt an accessory to fit into a figure's hand and vice versa.

I will apologize to the Joe faithful here for not asking about canceled vehicles or distribution or why can't I find City Strike Snake Eyes questions, we will leave those to the "real" Joe sites.

I do like that Alley Viper is getting a single card and new gear.  I don't recall hearing that before...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 10:37 PM by Paul »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #683 on: November 17, 2009, 10:12 PM »
Thanks for sending my question in on the HISS tank!  Very much appreciated.  I wish they had shared more information, oh well. 

Also cool that the Alley Viper is coming in the POC line.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #684 on: November 17, 2009, 10:40 PM »
JJ and I were joking how these QnA's are different from the SW ones in that we (and other sites) have often gotten sneak peak/early shots in the QnA's.

Maybe after the QnA's have been going a while we will get into a better flow with them.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #685 on: November 17, 2009, 11:12 PM »

Yeah, it's great. I even set all my main Joes up on the Outpost Defender set I scored on Sunday, and it's wonderful to have this guy again. Now I have to find myself a Devil Fish, since I picked up the rest of those missing Joes years ago at my LCS.

Leatherneck is one of my main wants for the 25th line (the **** version released with the AWE Striker doesn't count).  I really, really, really hope that line makes a comeback.  I bought a few of the ROC figures, but want figures in the classic colors.

I hear ya. I passed on that AWE Striker (already have two) and was disappointed in that version as well, which made me decide to pass on it. I keep hoping Hasbro will bring some vintage updates like the 25th figures into POC line like Leatherneck. While they're at it, they can do a proper version of Deep Six v2, please. :)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #686 on: November 17, 2009, 11:18 PM »
Awesome news about the Alley Viper repaint.  

I put in an order for the custom remake of the Missile Mobile Command Headquarters.  I saw a prototype of the set at the 2008 Joecon in Frisco, TX and forgot all about it until today.  The set is profiled in the November Joecanuck.com newsletter and is available for order.  I have the original displayed but I would like to have a brand new one that is sturdier and not as easy to damage.

I highly recommend the Joecanuck monthly newsletter because it always a great read with a lot of great articles.  Much better than the Mastercollector GI Joe Club newsletter.

Custom Cobra Base

1982 Original

Joecanuck November Newsletter

« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 11:21 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #687 on: November 18, 2009, 02:42 AM »
That looks neat. $70 is much better than the hundreds the cardboard original goes for.

Looks like the SAW Viper and Crazylegs are going to make their way into the post-movie line- Hasbro Q&A with JoeCanuck. I had Crazylegs back in the day, so it's pretty neat to hear about a new version.  :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #688 on: November 19, 2009, 12:45 AM »
Some auctions for upcoming Pursuit of Cobra figures:

Snow Job- wow

Desert Battle Zartan

Jungle Assault Storm Shadow

If all the PoC stuff looks this good, we're in for a treat.  :) I might spring for one of those Snow Job figs.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 12:46 AM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #689 on: November 19, 2009, 01:06 AM »
Yeah, I'm not even collecting GIJ but I'll buy Snowjob now.  That's one thoroughly badass looking figure in every way.

Zartan too...

SS, not so much.  At some point SS needs to be let know that white isn't camo no matter how much you speckle it. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77