Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 103783 times)

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #765 on: January 19, 2010, 05:11 AM »
New Joe Canuck newsletter posted last night.  Great read.  Information about Fury Force customs, Action Force history and more.  I've been a big fan of these guys since attending the 2009 Canadian Joecon.

http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/index.php?topic=4076.0

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #766 on: January 19, 2010, 10:40 AM »
I was in Target today and noticed the GI Joe prices went up on some figures.  There were pegs for A and B collections with A being $7.89, something like that, and the B were still $5.99.

E...

Same here - though I scanned some figures, and everything from the initial assortment rang up at $3.49, while the later waves were ringing up at $5.99.

Also, found three of the Target exclusive 4-pks on clearance for $4.98 each - got them all.  Hard to pass up figures for that cheap (and the extra Snake Eyes and Duke figures are already spoken for, though I'm keeping all the Vipers).

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #767 on: January 19, 2010, 01:52 PM »
I'll probably be in Target tonight and maybe I'll scan a couple figs to see what they ring up for, just see if the peg price is right.

The 4-packs made it to $9.99 but then went at 75% off.  My Target has always been pretty consistent, Thursday mornings were when you could find the clearance items hitting their next level of discount.  I went in last Thursday morning and nothing had changed.  Stopped in again that night, nothing.  Friday morning, however, I didn't stop as I was late for work and sure enough, they hit the 75% discount that morning.  By the time I stopped after work I'd missed out on the Joe sets and the Rancor I had my eyes on.

Not too big of a loss on the Joe pack but I was a little miffed about the Rancor.  I could have picked one up any time, it's just that budget wise, $12 was much better than $24...and getting beat by Target changing their day to mark down felt like losing a game in OT by a field goal.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #768 on: January 19, 2010, 06:38 PM »
Ya - my Target hit 75% off last Friday as well.  That Joe set must just be unpopular with Minnesotans.  They're just not going anywhere.  I can pick up some sets if anybody wants.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #769 on: January 19, 2010, 07:38 PM »
After Chewie posted about scanning Joes for $3.49 at Target I stopped tonight and sure enough, the A assortment was scanning at $3.49.  The only two figures they had from that assortment were an Ice Viper and Destro, but I bought the Ice Viper.

I probably would have gotten a Cover Girl and Heavy Duty if they'd been marked down but I wasn't that interested in them for $6.  I should have scanned these figs sooner, they must have been marked down for a while.  That would explain what happened to all the Scarlett figures that had been peg warming. 

I also bought a Doctor figure at WM for $5.00.  I've been meaning to snag him and figured if the prices go back up, now was the time to buy.

I wasn't interested in that 4-pack from Target enough to pay full price, or even 50% off, but for 75% I'd have added the Snake Eyes and Duke to my collection.  But neither is really that important.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #770 on: January 20, 2010, 01:01 AM »
My local Target had like 20 of those sets last Friday at 75% off. And to think I paid full price for that thing. I did, however, get a couple of great clearance goodies lately- the Past and Present set was marked down to $17.48, so I got the last one. Then I scored a Night Raven at WM for $11 tonight, which was great.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #771 on: January 20, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Has anyone found the RHINO on markdown at Target?  I was suprised that didn't go to the clearance aisle after Christmas.

But, while others are finding the X-Wing, TIE and Battle Packs marked down, my Target moved them to a new end cap and left the regular price along with the Then and Now Joe set and the Transformers.  And the RHINO is still in the main action figure aisle at full price.  And not really selling.  Even over Christmas my store didn't shift a single RHINO and only one or two of the Then and Now sets.

It's really not in my budget to pay fulll price on the RHINO but I would pick it up for 50-75% off.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #772 on: January 20, 2010, 12:00 PM »
Has anyone found the RHINO on markdown at Target?  I was suprised that didn't go to the clearance aisle after Christmas.

Not around here - still full price on the bottom shelf.  I was kinda shocked it didn't go on clearance with everything else they let go so ya...Kinda strange.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #773 on: January 20, 2010, 02:17 PM »
I found a Wraith (and the rest of that wave) at TJ Maxx for $3.99.  First time I'd ever seen him on the shelf.

Had to resist buying up all seven BATs...
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #774 on: January 20, 2010, 02:18 PM »
Those $9.99 deluxes are also ringing up cheaper now - $6.49 each.  Just scanned a few at my local Target.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #775 on: January 24, 2010, 04:53 PM »
Those $9.99 deluxes are also ringing up cheaper now - $6.49 each.  Just scanned a few at my local Target.

I picked up 2 more SNAKE armor sets at that price yesterday so I'm at 4.  I think I'm good on those now even though 4 isn't a crazy number.  Also got another heap of vinty Joe vehicles via Vlad.  Thanks!   ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 04:55 PM by iFett »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #776 on: January 25, 2010, 07:01 AM »
I apologize if this is old news, but Kohl's has their GiJoe figs for $3.?? now.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #777 on: January 25, 2010, 02:52 PM »
I am also surprised that the RHINO hasn't been marked down yet.  I am guessing they won't be marking it down now until the Pit is on its way out - which I am also surprised that it isn't going going gone..

If anyone didn't garb the Pit yet at a low price I did see that the Meijer by me had some for $50.  From everything I have heard about the Pit I am still not ready to jump on at that price - unless someone here can talk me into it.  I went on Amazon the other day and read all the reviews from parents giving it to their kids - it was a humorous read.  I think there were like 15 reviews and something like 14 people gave it one star and only one person, an adult collector, gave it 5.

One guy said he wanted to send it to the CEO of Hasbro see he can watch him put it together.   ;D

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #778 on: January 28, 2010, 07:29 PM »
May be some movement at your Target stores.  I stopped in today and found the RHINO, Pit and a couple other Joe toys on 30% clearance markdown.

They also had the Rapid Roller doohickeys and the big Accelerator Suit Duke tagged.  That's all I noticed but I didn't look closely at the other odd lines like the Tough Troopers and that type of stuff...or the role play items.

E...

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #779 on: January 28, 2010, 08:24 PM »
I found the same at my Target.