Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 103758 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #810 on: February 16, 2010, 10:15 AM »
Sgt Slaughter for SDCC

Great news. I've read on other sites that there will be two versions- one with the mail-away's paint job, and the other with the paint job the figure packed with the Triple-T had.

Hopefully I'll be able to acquire this one- it has to be the best SDCC exclusive for GI Joe they've ever done.

Sweet!  I never could find that bulid n brawl version (for the headswap with the ROC chainsaw guy) so this is very good news.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #811 on: February 16, 2010, 12:08 PM »
I found two BnB Slaughters and I didn't buy either of them, so this is great for me too. Of course, I never found Bench Press either, so I couldn't have done the custom anyway.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #812 on: February 16, 2010, 07:49 PM »
So what's the timeline for POC?  Are we still looking at August or whatever for this stuff?  Not thrilled about everything shown, but will bite on a few things here and there.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #813 on: February 16, 2010, 08:57 PM »
Yup, August.

Shipwreck and Doc are all we have till Spring when we get some more packs but not that many more Singles...

I don't know if anybody asked the GI Joe guy (they were down to just one Rep for the show) any of the questions.  Everytime I tried to get over there to ask questions, I was hip checked out of the way, not the fault of other collector sites though, the area set up for Joe did not lend itself to efficient picture taking.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #814 on: February 20, 2010, 05:35 PM »
Picked up the Joe dojo thing at WM for $11.  Crappy figures, but the "base" and weapons are pretty cool.  Still a ton of Rhinos out there at $25.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #815 on: February 20, 2010, 07:47 PM »
I never did see that set. I would have passed on it anyway, since it wasn't my bag. I've seen lots of Rhinos and Past & Present sets here locally, still sitting at 50%. I wish they'd hurry up and go 75%- I've been waiting weeks for the Rhino, and I'd happily buy another Past & Present set at 75% off.

I received a set of vintage ARAH Tomax & Xamot in the mail today. They're in really nice condition, plus I got them for a great, couldn't-pass-on-it price of $18. The only thing that's missing is the string for the dumb hook thing, so no loss there. Glad to have these to replace the crappy ones I bought at an antique store in 2000 for $2 each.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #816 on: February 21, 2010, 03:35 PM »
I saw tons of the VvV DVD dojo sets for $5 a pop back when I wasn't into Joes and always wanted it for some strange reason back then.  Well this was a few bucks more, but glad to have it.

I'm about maybe 90% done with acquiring a local bud's collection of vinty Joes and vehicles over the past few months.  Some of the vehicles are very dusty and I'm afraid to clean them because I don't want the stickers to lift.  I have to say that it's great having these figures all back though (Tomax & Xamot) included   ;)  Some holes to fill here and there, but I'm very happy that I got these all from one person rather than having to deal with tons of people and headaches on eBay.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #817 on: March 3, 2010, 11:27 PM »
Some pics for the curious.

The mechs returning (and retooled to accept 3.75" figures) were kind of a neat thing during the Hasbro presentation, at least to me.

See, to me the mech suit, and the SNAKE armor and such, makes a buttload more sense/cooler idea than the HALO armor the Joes wore in Rise of Cobra (which I just watched Sunday *shudder*).

I like the big bulky mech suits though.  Pretty cool and I'll nab one to customize I'm sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #818 on: March 3, 2010, 11:59 PM »
Some other big news.  SDCC Slaughter Pics are up (both versions) at this site:

http://www.geekweek.com/2010/03/geekweek-exclusive-hasbros-sdcc-exclusive-sgt-slaughter-figure-revealed.html

Dig it! (and here's why)....

The Sarge was always a big guy, with a bit of a belly (and more so later in his career), but he was never that muscularly defined and this figure depicts that pretty well. I prefer the wrestling version over the one with the ROC movie legs, but both are pretty nice. Smooth sculpt, crisp details (boots and belts especially) and specific/correct accessories for each version. Really nice work H-bro.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #819 on: March 4, 2010, 08:44 AM »
wow thanks for that Alyosha!  I am probably going to down for one of each - they look great!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #820 on: March 4, 2010, 10:52 AM »
I was actually tempted on several occasions to pick up the Avatar mech suit so I may eventually cave on those since they do look kinda nifty.

Slaughter rocks!!  Can't wait for him.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #821 on: March 4, 2010, 11:30 AM »
You should get that Avatar AMP suit.  it's a pretty nice piece.  Target is blowing them out for about $10 here so you might be able to find one cheap.

I put a couple different Joe figures in one and they worked.  Some of the larger figures, like Roadblock won't fit, but others will.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #822 on: March 4, 2010, 02:30 PM »
Hey guys... Joe Defender (the humble beginnings) is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Scott for setting it up!

I am considering doing even a more Joe Specific Classifieds type/trade section in this part, what are your thoughts?

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #823 on: March 4, 2010, 03:35 PM »
I'll buy the Sarge if they put him on HTS.  I like the variant more. 

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #824 on: March 4, 2010, 04:19 PM »
I am considering doing even a more Joe Specific Classifieds type/trade section in this part, what are your thoughts?

I would be down for that. However, I'm biased as I have a small collection of ROC figs I'm looking to get rid of.