Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 103474 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #825 on: March 4, 2010, 04:37 PM »
Is there going to be like a whole JoeDefender.com website or just a forum section?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #826 on: March 4, 2010, 06:04 PM »
Baby Steps.....

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #827 on: March 4, 2010, 07:10 PM »
Are you guys going to divy up all of the 2920 post in this thread or is it safe to start creating new specific ones?  I assume not as that's a ton of work.  Exciting times!  YO JOE Defender!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Alyosha

• Youngling
  • Nemesis Creator
    • View Profile
    • BrokenArrowToys.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #828 on: March 4, 2010, 11:29 PM »
Got some "in progress" headers for the upcoming new forum.  These are all still WIP (missing highlights, chrome effect, some colors and other things), but you can get an idea....maybe.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #829 on: March 5, 2010, 12:28 AM »
Found new pegs set for GI Joe figures at Target tonight.  $5.04 price tag on them. Very odd amount.  Still, are there even waves due before August to fill them?  I haven't looked or tracked the releases.  I know my Target never got some of the newest waves with things like City Strike SE, new Baroness, second Doctor, Arctic Snake Eyes, etc.  I don't know if they're still shipping or not.  Is there anything coming between those types of waves and the POC relaunch this Fall?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #830 on: March 5, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Well, along with the CS SE there was also Arctic SS, Jungle Ripcord, CS Duke, that Desert Viper, and possibly another - other than that though I believe it is it until POC.

Funny that you mention that now about your Target never getting any of those figures - mine didn't either and it is a very big, busy Super Target.  The reason why I find this funny is that Target was supposed to be our "G.I. Joe Headquarters" as it was advertised when the movie was released.  They didn't even ever deal out most of the last few waves in any substantial amount....

In regards to jd.com starting a new GI Joe thing - I am all for it.  I am not real big fan of 'Stank and some of the members over there.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #831 on: March 5, 2010, 02:40 PM »
The Targets around here have been at $5.04 for a few weeks now... all they have is Desto and Neo Viper.

Picked up my first two figures in a while last night - Jungle Ripcord and City Strike Snake Eyes.  Kept passing on them for a while, then finally bit at Wal-Mart.

Also, I had a VAMP and HISS still in the package... my 2-1/2 year old son has been really excited watching 80s Joe cartoons lately, so last night I gave them to him along with about a dozen figures.  More fun watching him enjoy it than having them for myself.  Just not letting him get at the little pieces yet until he's older.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #832 on: March 5, 2010, 08:01 PM »
My Target was really overloaded with those first one or two waves of movie figures.  I think the Helix wave was as far as they got past the initial movie order.

Walmart in town got the CS Snake Eyes about two months ago and the wave with Arctic Snake Eyes and the others about a month ago, so I got some of the later issue figs I wanted. 

But Target, they really got swamped early and never recovered.  We just got rid of the last of the figs, Cover Girl and Heavy Duty, for $2.18 each.  The other collection sold out at $3 a pop back in early February or so. 

Also, noticed today that the Joe figure pegs were marked $5 at Walmart.  They only have one Storm Shadow and I don't expect to see another figure in that store, the pegs will probably disappear in a few weeks and that'll be it till August.

E...

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #833 on: March 6, 2010, 02:09 AM »
The only place I ever saw the Kamakura/White Doctor wave was at Aldi last fall. 

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #834 on: March 9, 2010, 07:48 PM »
Bought a blue Firebat at Wal-Mart today.  I passed on it months back and was hoping to find it once again.  I haven't opened it yet but it looks very cool.  I didn't realize it was white on the bottom which is cool because I want to use it in some arctic layouts.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 11, 2010, 02:47 PM »
I opened up the blue Firebat last might and was blown away.  This is definitely an arctic vehicle which is always welcome.  They even put new ski landing gear on the bottom.  I'm going to pick up a few more up at the K-Marts where I also saw them.  Still not sure if these will be used by Cobra or GI Joe.  I may have to customize them with some Cobra decals.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 02:49 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #836 on: March 11, 2010, 10:45 PM »
Just a heads-up- I've heard of people finding the Cobra Island 7-packs at Ross stores for $16.99. As I don't have a Ross anywhere near me, if anyone finds these, to please keep me in mind, as I'd love to buy a set off of you if you find them.  ;D
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 11, 2010, 11:09 PM »
No Ross stores up here but maybe TJ Maxx and Marshals will get them too.  I drove right by a TJM today.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 12, 2010, 08:51 AM »
holy crap - that would be incredible to find the cobra 7 pack for that price!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 12, 2010, 09:38 AM »
Isn't Ross part of the same family as Marshalls/TJM?  No Ross up hear as SP pointed out, but I'd be game for a few more Cobra packs for $17 if I could find some.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN