Author Topic: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)  (Read 91693 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2011, 07:43 PM »
$20 Alphas? Makes me glad I found and bought the AWE Striker and Ice Cutter last weekend.

I remember back in the RAHC days in 2000-01 when I bought the TRU exclusive AWE Striker for $10. $20 for it now is just insane.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2011, 08:39 PM »
Previews for February 2011 lists this as the next wave of POC:

* Jungle BAT
    * General Hawk
    * Blowtorch
    * Steel Brigade Trooper
    * Cobra Trooper
    * Cobra Commander

And there's an image of the Jungle BAT, which I kind of like:

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2011, 07:16 PM »
Well thank goodness they gave Duke, Snake Eyes, and Storm Shadow a break for once.  Sheesh.  I LOVE the 25th B.A.T. mold (picked up a few more for $2 at TJ Maxx last weekend) but I'll be good at 2 of these for the new inflated price....possibly not though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 25, 2011, 10:10 AM »
I wonder if Cobra Commander is going to be sporting the look he has in the Renegades show.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 25, 2011, 02:12 PM »
HTS has wave 4 up for pre-order.  I will hold out for now though - will wait for more things for other lines because I am confident I will have no problem finding these at retail.

I am wondering if a Neo Viper head would fit on this new Destro?  I think it might look cool.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 02:29 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 25, 2011, 10:38 PM »
HTS has wave 4 up for pre-order.  I will hold out for now though - will wait for more things for other lines because I am confident I will have no problem finding these at retail.

Thanks for the tip.  With all the gas I've used driving around looking in vain for Wave 3 Snake Eyes, I figured what the hell and ordered Wave 4.  I'm sure I'll come out ahead in the long run.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2011, 01:34 AM »
Wave 4 is also in stock at BBTS, where I got mine. I received them late last week, and they're really neat. Lowlight is great and all, but I'm really liking Shadow Tracker.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 27, 2011, 10:58 PM »
Wave 4 came in stock at SmallJoes.com so I put in an order today.  Also picked up the Helix 1-shot that I'd been looking for.  Should have ordered them yesterday and I could have had them for the weekend but I'll probably get them Monday.  I'm really psyched to get this wave.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2011, 11:27 AM »
Stank is reporting/guessing that the following are in w5...

Snake Eyes Temple Guardian
Crazy Legs
Croc Master
Rock Viper
Viper
Iron Grenadier
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2011, 11:58 AM »
Stank is reporting/guessing that the following are in w5...

Snake Eyes Temple Guardian
Crazy Legs
Croc Master
Rock Viper
Viper
Iron Grenadier

Oh wow - I'd absolutely love for that to be true!  Crazy Legs was a favorite of mine as a kid... so was Croc Master.  A Rock Viper and Iron Grenadier would be great... sounds awesome to me.  And a new Viper?  I hope it has elements of the RAH design, but more realistic colors and much better sculpt/articulation than the 25th version.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2011, 12:57 PM »
Apparently that list came from BBTS and someone from the Tank spotted it.  BBTS has removed the listing now.

Out of that list, the only figure I'd buy is probably the Viper.  Maybe an Iron Grenadier, but it depends on what he looks like.  Not a fan really of the Rock Viper or Croc Master, Crazylegs isn't terrible but I doubt I'd be that interested.

And another Snake Eyes?  Hasbro, you just gave us probably the best SE you'll ever be able to produce.  Please don't **** it up by trying another version.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2011, 01:19 PM »
^^^  what he said about SE - though if it really is cool I would have no problem with getting another.  The rest of the list sounds pretty cool though.

One thing to think about/ask though is, when does Hasbro plan to start adding Renegades characters into the mix?  Out of the past 2 rumor lists there is only 1, maybe 2 figures that could fall into the Renegades show (unless I am missing something since I am about 2 episodes behind) - those 2 are Cobra Commander and Cobra Trooper.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2011, 02:48 PM »
I'm guessing we'll have a better idea on the Renegades stuff after Toy Fair...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2011, 12:30 AM »
Now, did something change or didn't Hasbro say that they weren't going to go with figure designs based on the Renegades animation?  Did that change or is Hasbro just planning on doing Renegade characters in a realistic POC style?

I'm loving what they're doing right now and really want to see it continue.  I definitely want POC style Scarlett and Baroness figures along with Cover Girl and then a couple other other favorites like Gung Ho, Rock n Roll, maybe Law & Order or Mutt and Junkyard, a new take on Stalker, Alpine and Major Bludd over on the Cobra side.  I'm just not ready to move on from what they're doing right now into something else.

E...

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2011, 11:12 AM »
is Hasbro just planning on doing Renegade characters in a realistic POC style?

that was what they were planning the last time it was brought up.