Author Topic: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)  (Read 91694 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2010, 09:23 PM »
I tried the Arctic Shipwreck jacket on him and it fits, but didn't look that great.  I'm thinking the Snow Job jacket is going to be a better match but I'm not sure.  I'm sure someone has already done it, but when I looked for photos on Hiss Tank I didn't find any photo examples.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 9, 2010, 07:28 PM »
My TRU had a lone Hiss Tank on the way home that I was going to buy, but held back.  I'm a tad colorblind, and I know my black....This thing isn't black.  Has this every been asked in a QnA?  Seems very silly/stupid IMO as this is a complete reboot of this classic vehicle.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 9, 2010, 09:36 PM »
Yeah, that tank may be more of a dark grey than true black.  But I thought it looked good in the color that it comes in.

I also saw the tank and the Wolfhound (or whatever the Snow Cat is called now) at TRU last week but didn't buy.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2010, 12:40 AM »
My TRU had a lone Hiss Tank on the way home that I was going to buy, but held back.  I'm a tad colorblind, and I know my black....This thing isn't black.  Has this every been asked in a QnA?  Seems very silly/stupid IMO as this is a complete reboot of this classic vehicle.

The new HISS is definitely dark brown or a dark rust color. It's a really cool toy, regardless of how you feel about the classic. I would recommend it, especially if you can find it for $20 or less.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2010, 03:08 PM »
Wave 2 carded images!

Pretty neat. I'm pretty sure I'll pass on Destro and the Snake Eyes from this wave, though.

And, in case you're not registered at Hisstank, here are the images from Generalsjoes.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 03:36 PM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2010, 09:36 PM »
Easy to pass on another Snake Eyes, especially easy when he is packed full of "action feature" line killing lameness.

I fully understand needing Snake Eyes and Duke in every wave.  I just like my Commando to be Ninja Free.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2010, 11:43 PM »
I'm not hot on that Snake Eyes or Destro and I plan on buying the Destro from overseas to get the original headsculpt.  I'll get Dusty but I want to see Recondo in person before I decide on him.  And I don't know about that Jungle Viper.  That odd camo thing he comes with is just a little too out there for me.

I'm just holding out for the two TRU exclusives and then the 2011 stuff; Low-Light and the others that were shown off at Joe Con.

E...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2010, 10:22 AM »
I was just looking through some of the pics over at CTR for this line (from SDCC), and I think it looks pretty nice.  Sure, it doesn't compare to the 25th Anniversary line, which was so well done and nostalgic at the same time - but for a "new" Joe line, I think it looks pretty nice.  I don't know how much I'll be able to grab, maybe a figure here or there, but if I was strictly buying Joes I think it would be a fun line to collect.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2010, 11:09 AM »
I think some of it looks cool, I'll pick and choose the figures that I buy.  And anything my son wants, I'll get him.

Also, I wish they throw a Resolute Cobra trooper in somewhere.  Would be sweet.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2010, 11:11 AM »
I really like a lot of the single carded figures - not really feeling the rides other than the Dreadnock on the bike.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2010, 11:28 AM »
I've liked a lot from what I've seen of this line and will definitely be buying up a few here and there.  Just hope I don't get sucked back into another carded Joe collection, but the artwork is rather spiffy.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2010, 12:52 PM »
Yeah, I think the cardbacks are pretty nice as well.  Similar to the vintage line, but updated as well - again, if we can't get anymore 25th stuff, this seems to be the next best thing.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2010, 10:41 PM »
Scored Spirit and Quick Kick at my local TRU today. Spirit is incredible, but I would have had a tough time paying $7.50 for QK. Thankfully, the sale was still on, so I got the last set for $10.

I have to agree with the cards being really neat. In person, they're even better. I could see myself getting suckered into a carded set, but since POC is only four waves, it wouldn't be a big deal.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2010, 12:06 AM »
Dusty and Recondo are badass.  I'd like to pick some of the POC line up I think.  I'm going to get suckered into purchases.  Oh well.  :) 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2010, 08:08 AM »
but since POC is only four waves, it wouldn't be a big deal.

only 4 waves?!?!  when was that said?