Author Topic: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)  (Read 91703 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2010, 10:31 AM »
When reports first showed up that they were out, I stopped at a TRU and when I didn't find them on the shelves I asked about them.  The guy didn't really know what I was looking for and he brought out a case of regular figs.  There were no specific pegs for the figs and the section wasn't really set for the new figs anyway (still had ROC overstock).

When I did find them, I spotted a Quick Kick on the pegs but no Spirit.  I asked two different people till they finally tracked them down in the computer, called the back room and had someone bring them out.  The guy brought one of each, Spirit and QK, and I took Spirit and the QK I'd already found.  He returned the other QK to the back room, didn't even stock it, and there was room.

My suggestion would be to ask.  Especially if your store has a lot of ROC left on the pegs, they may not be stocking them since they don't have dedicated pegs.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2010, 10:36 AM »
They were easy to find a couple months ago, but my TRU has never restocked.  They were online for a week or so a couple of weeks back.  Keep checking though - I know they're still shipping according to those Joe sites. 

I've personally never had any luck getting TRU employees to help me with any line.  "What's out is all we have"   ::)  Oh wait....there was that chick that helped me out with the EU wave.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2010, 10:26 PM »
I saw them again a few weeks back, but they moved pretty quick and I haven't seen them since. Which is a shame, since Spirit is a great figure.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Thrawn

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2010, 12:27 PM »
Thanks guys, I personally haven't had luck with them pulling another out from the back in years...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2010, 03:51 PM »
I can honestly say that I think this was probably the first time in 15 years that TRU has EVER pulled something from the back for me.  I'm at the point where I rarely even bother to ask anymore because the answer is 98% "what we have is on the shelf" with 1.9% being a blank stare and no understanding of what I'm talking about, followed by the "what we have" comment.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2010, 02:51 AM »
I need that Quick Kick and Spirit for my brother so I'm bummed to hear they've been out.  I've never seen them on my brief trips to TRU.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2010, 10:18 AM »
Jungle Viper at TRU.com!

Just ordered two more. Hopefully, they actually get here.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2010, 07:14 PM »
Are people finding the Spirit and Quick kick easily?

My TRU put out a case or two.  I can pick them up if you want...   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 7, 2010, 09:26 AM »
Jungle Viper at TRU.com!

Just ordered two more. Hopefully, they actually get here.

Received these last night. They were shipped in a bubble envelope, so if anyone was hoping for mint cards, best of luck elsewhere. I'm opening these, so I'm good to go.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 9, 2010, 11:16 AM »
Picked up Duke this morning - held out on him and haven't seen him in awhile so now I'm all caught up.  Just not doing the 2 SE's and the 1 SS.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 9, 2010, 04:42 PM »
The SE from the first wave is pretty cool. But it has nothing on the SE from wave 3, who looks great. I think BBTS sold out all their preorders for that one, which is surprising for what is yet another SE.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2010, 10:05 AM »
Cracked open Destro and Recondo this weekend.  Pretty dissapointed for some reason... Will not list why do to timing, but lots of nice accessories.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2010, 04:42 PM »
Recondo/Gung-Ho is disappointing because of his neck, at least to me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2010, 07:37 PM »
I picked up Recondo for myself because, well, I just dig Recondo (always did).  I like everything about him but the neck as well...  He's hunched, which is kinda cool looking for creeping around in the jungle, but it's a little limiting to his poses.  

Loved all the gear, but I can't figure out where the traps plug into the backpack, which is annoying.  Really though, this is the Recondo I always wanted, neck issue aside.  He's badass to the extreme.

PS: I'd have liked him to have had hair too...  Didn't his RAH figure have hair visible from under the hat?  Why change that?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 09:46 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2010, 12:18 AM »
I  could be wrong, but I don't think the traps plug into the backpack itself, they plug into the cable so they can be reeled in.

I'm also not sure why he doesn't have hair.  To me, he's more Gung Ho than Recondo with the bald head.  I like the idea of the figure but the backpack is ridiculous and the head articulation sucks.  I might have passed on him if I'd seen him loose before buying him and realizing that the neck articulation was so goofy.

E...