Author Topic: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)  (Read 91706 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2010, 12:29 AM »
Yeah, the pack's a bit bulky, but I dig the thought of it.  It'd have been cooler with Dusty as a communication device or something though.  The jungle isn't exactly known for sunlight. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2010, 10:50 AM »
Loved all the gear, but I can't figure out where the traps plug into the backpack, which is annoying.

That's a problem I'm finding with this entire line?  Where does everything fit  ???

Duke is pretty cool....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2010, 02:53 PM »
So it looks like the black HISS has been found by someone who bought a new case with the Fury off EE.  Are the Bravo vehicles still even being shipped to retail?  Target missed the boat, I haven't seen these at TRU since the line first started, and it doesn't even look like WM is even stocking POC in my area.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2010, 11:40 PM »
I saw the HISS at Walmart tonight (Winnipeg), along with both Mechs.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2010, 02:18 AM »
I haven't seen the new VAMP or Fury anywhere yet.  Target doesn't appear to be carrying this wave of vehicles, the WM stores I've been to are backed up on Wolf Hounds and haven't gotten new shipments in a while, and I don't know if TRU I was at most recently had the new vehicles at all.

I'm assuming that the date stamps on the boxes will be a clue to when the black HISS hits retail, but it'll take some tracking on the part of the community to narrow that down seeing as Hasbro, in their latest Q&A (at least what I read pertaining to this matter), didn't seem to give any info on how to tell the difference between first relase and the black running change.

I think I'd like to pick up this new VAMP, but I'm not going to order online for it.  I don't want it that much to pay shipping.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2010, 08:11 PM »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2010, 10:22 AM »
TRU finally sent me one of those - though it's not from the Rewards thing.  Too bad there's nothing new out there so it's a no go for me.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2010, 04:59 PM »
Saw the black A.W.E. and Ice Cutter at Target today.  Mixed feelings on them.  Don't dig the $16.99 price either.  I left without them.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2010, 11:16 AM »
Saw those the other day at Target and bought the Ice Cutter for my son.  The tread action is pretty cool.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2010, 02:41 PM »
Saw these new pics over at CTR of the next wave.  Is it just me, or do the paint apps look different on them?  I don't remember Destro being that red, and I don't remember the Shadow Tracker being that yellow.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 23, 2010, 03:14 PM »
Here's the Shadow Tracker photo I took in the case at the Joe Con earlier this year:

That looks like a darker green, more muted than the yellow color showing in this latest photo from Hasbro.  I'll be disappointed if it's yellow because the green they showed off previously was perfect for a jungle hunter.

Destro doesn't bother me even though he does look brighter in the new photo.  What does worry me, no Aliens style steady gun.  Just the Gatling gun that's pictured, I don't see it in the carded photo either.  If that's not included it moves Destro from the Must Buy to Pass column.

Need to do some research on these, read the Joe collecting sites to see what they have to say about it.  Maybe we'll all be hitting eBay to get properly colored and accessorized POC figures from this wave?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2010, 01:44 AM »
I don't remember seeing any of these figures hit ebay, except in prototype form.

Just got an email from BBTS about my set of wave 3 being available. Hopefully, they're also on their way to retail since I'd like a couple more Shocktroopers.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2010, 02:30 AM »
Shadow Tracker looks like he raided Cutlery World before they went under.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 3, 2010, 09:31 AM »
anyone have any thoughts or reviews on the Cobra Fury tank?  I think I am more interested in the new V.A.M.P. but I am curious about this one too. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 3, 2010, 09:40 AM »
I never had the Rage as a kid and it looks really nifty so I will be definitely be picking it up if I ever manage to get my ass inside a WM store to look for one.  Would also like to get a hold of the black HISS at some point.  I personally thought the new vamp looked kinda cheesy so not sure if I'm going there or not.