Author Topic: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)  (Read 91956 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)
« Reply #165 on: January 9, 2011, 06:50 PM »
I finally got around to picking up Beachhead from this line.  There's a knife sheath on his back like the one on his shoulder, but no knife.  Is this the way they all are, or did I get a dud?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 9, 2011, 07:32 PM »
I finally got around to picking up Beachhead from this line.  There's a knife sheath on his back like the one on his shoulder, but no knife.  Is this the way they all are, or did I get a dud?

Mine too.

P.S. The new cobra shock trooper should have a holster for a pistol. Otherwise he's pretty sweet.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 9, 2011, 08:00 PM »

That is the way it is....

If you need one for the empty sheath, I know somebody making "replacements".

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 9, 2011, 08:07 PM »

That is the way it is....

If you need one for the empty sheath, I know somebody making "replacements".

Ah...to Broken Arrow I will go....
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 10, 2011, 12:59 PM »
I agree with the statement that these are better than the 25th figures.  The quality is far superior to most of that line... at least the early figures from it.  The ROC figures were pretty good in their own right.  Hasbro has really stepped up to the plate with this line - the only dud I think is the current Storm Shadow and the Snake Eyes that also had that kicking feature.

I'd love to see them put that Cobra Trooper from the Resolute line into this lineup... would really be great if they did.  It might be just a repack, but a welcome one at that.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 13, 2011, 07:55 PM »
Sounds like wave 4 has been found on the west coast.

Locally, the end cap at Target that had the new GI Joe POP display, just got restocked with some wave 1 and 3 figures.  I think there were a couple more Duke and Storm Shadow figures today and they also had a Firefly and Beachhead.

While I would have liked to have seen wave 4, I was happy to snag the Beachhead.  It was a figure I passed on but over time, the more I saw of him, the more I wanted to pick him up. Probably open him up here in a little while.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #171 on: January 13, 2011, 09:23 PM »
Wave 4 is the Low Light wave, right?  Or am I wrong on that?

Can't wait for that figure.  Oh man is that quality looking.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 14, 2011, 01:54 AM »
Yep, wave 4 has Low-Light, Shadow Tracker, Skydive and the new Destro.  I can't wait for this entire wave.  The only thing I don't like is that they took the steady-gun out of the Destro set, he just comes with the gatling gun now.

I'm looking forward to Low-Light and Shadow Tracker the most. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 14, 2011, 11:07 AM »
  The only thing I don't like is that they took the steady-gun out of the Destro set, he just comes with the gatling gun now.

I personally am hoping for a running change or variant on him where they switch the guns.  I like the figure and I will definitely buy it when I see it, but I can hold off opening him for a bit (unless I for some reason feel like I need 2) in hopes for a steady-gun version.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 14, 2011, 01:42 PM »
I'm hoping that Aliens inspired steady gun comes out also.  I don't care if it's a running change or if they sneak it in with another figure somewhere as long as it comes out.  I will probably buy the Destro as-is when I see him but I don't know if I'll keep him carded in hopes of a change.  I may just re-buy if they do.

Hopefully we'll see something at Toy Fair about that gun, or someone asks.  I don't think there will be any Joe Q&A between now and TF so that'll be the first opportunity to find out more info.

Here's a question, though.  Did a Destro with the steady gun ever hit eBay either as a proto or finished, but unpackaged, example?  Or, even packaged? 

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #175 on: January 14, 2011, 04:08 PM »
I'm pretty sure not, E, as I try to keep an eye on that.  However, the steady-gun exists in that scale from Hot Toys...  Even articulated arm to the belt.  It's pretty neat.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 16, 2011, 03:31 PM »
Picked up the AWE Striker last night, mostly for the Night Fox figure.  Also grabbed Dusty to go with the desert theme.

The Night Fox figure is really nice.  The ankle articulation is a little limited but overall it's a great figure with a crapload of accessories, which is one of the reasons I decided to buy the set.  I think they could have done without the belt/holster so that the vest fit a little better, but it's not that big of a deal. Actually, what would have rocked is if they had a vest with a holster on it, which would make more sense for a driver.

I like the colors on the AWE Striker but it's not really one of my favorite designs, I don't like the suspension on the wheels.  But it's not a bad vehicle.  And surprisingly enough, even with the odd hip armor on the Dusty figure, I was able to get him in the passenger seat, so I was happy with that.  If Hasbro released the AWE Striker again I'd like to see them retool the suspension and change the whip antenna.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 20, 2011, 12:12 PM »
My Target just put out 4-5 cases of some w1/w2 remix stuff.  The figures seems to be selling well enough though, but this just means I most likely have to wait a bit longer for w4.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2011, 04:25 PM »
Found a few revision cases at the local Targets, so I picked up a few Alley Vipers and a couple others I wanted more of from wave 1. I also noticed Target raised the price on POC singles to $7.99.  :(
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2011, 06:02 PM »
$7.99 here too, just checked tonight.  They raised that price some time this week but I don't know exactly when.  Reports over on Hisstank of others seeing that price alsong with a $20 price on the Alpha vehicles which had been $16.99.  The $16.99 tag was still on the shelf at my store today, but they didn't have anything out to scan for me to double-check. 

$7.99 for the figs w/ Vintage Collection Star Wars at the same price, I could see an argument made even though I don't like that price, but adding $4+ to the Alpha vehicles?  Nope, that's ridiculous.

E...