Author Topic: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)  (Read 91967 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)
« Reply #240 on: May 26, 2011, 09:54 PM »
My WM put out the 8 pegs and put out Coc Master and Crazy Legs wave...  Not a very spiffy wave though that is a cool Rock Viper.

Never saw the wave with Low Light. :(  I wanted Lowlight at least, and kind of wanted Destro and the dude with dreds too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 27, 2011, 01:00 AM »
The wave with Destro, Lowlight and Shadow Tracker has never been stocked here either.

Monday night there was a new case of wave 6 which is the one you saw, Jesse, with Iron Grenadier, Viper, Crazy Legs, Croc Master and Snake Eyes.  I picked up both Viper figs and one IG, the other was gone when I got there.  I really like the IG figure, he's basically Destro with a new head.  The Viper is okay, but I don't like his rifle and the left arm is lacking some range of motion in the elbow which is mostly due to a design problem.

I've seen at least one report of wave 5 showing up and seems to be coming after W6.  Wave 5 has the masked Cobra Trooper, Steel Brigade, Hawk, Blowtorch, Cobra Commander and Jungle BAT.  I'm looking forward to Hawk and Steel Brigade from that wave but I'm not sure if I'll pick up the Cobra Trooper or the others.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #242 on: May 27, 2011, 02:26 AM »
I've gotta watch for that wave for my brother too I guess.

If anyone winds up with an extra Lowlight, i'm interested in him.  I was really just into getting him if possible, from that last wave.

I'm going to have to watch for the Iron Grenadier too as I didn't know he was in that wave with Crazy Legs.  Don't know how I didn't know that.  Wish they pictured the figures in a wave on the cardback so I knew more what was out there...  I'm mostly trying to just help my brother out, rather than myself.  I never know what to look for though, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 27, 2011, 11:41 AM »
I never asked for the favor, but I have a local TF collector that has been picking me up all the new POC waves....so no hunting for me.  Haven't had time to open the past couple of waves though, but it's good piece of mind having them.   :)

Not really sure why they released Croc Master again, but HISS is reporting a kind of Python Patrol variant.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 27, 2011, 01:28 PM »
I thought Croc Master was an odd choice, but he does fit in with the jungle theme they have going.  I actually bought the figure after passing on the 25th release.  I think I have a VvV release (or whatever that new sculpt line was that he was in) but only because he came in a 2-pack.  Never been a big CM fan but I do like this figure.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 28, 2011, 04:31 AM »
Saw a lone Croc Master hanging on the pegs today, which means I missed the cool guys.  Bummer.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 30, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Found a Hawk, Cobra Commander, and a couple of Cobra Troopers today.  The best part was they rang up for $3.50 each.  Must've been under the same clearance SKU as all the pre-reset Destros.  They're all great, but Hawk is particularly awesome.  Downside is that his case does not appear to be very durable.  Closing it one time whitened the plastic hinge pretty bad.  I don't expect that to last, which is unfortunate, because next to the Destro briefcase full of cash, it's the coolest accessory I've seen in a long time.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 31, 2011, 03:26 PM »
Finally found some of the new POC today, at Wal-Mart.  Grabbed the following:

Cobra Trooper x 2
Steel Brigade x 2
Cobra Commander x 1
Blowtorch x 1

I wanted to get these for my son's birthday, but that has passed.  For now, I'll given him the Blowtorch and Cobra Commander in a couple weeks when he's done something helpful around the house. 

He's already got about a dozen of the 25th anniversary Cobra Troopers, so I don't know that he needs these two new version or not, plus he's very young so I don't know that he'd appreciate the upgrade on these. 

For his birthday, he got the following Joe stuff:

- POC Deviant Walker
- POC Rock Viper
- ROC Night Raven
- ROC Ice Dagger
- ROC Dragonhawk
- 25th Serpentor w/ Air Chariot
- 25th F.L.A.K. Cannon vs. C.L.A.W.

I was saving the 25th Cobra Rattler for his birthday, but ended up giving him that about 6 weeks ago as a reward for participating in his school play.  I also caved in and gave him the 25th Cobra Fang last month too.  Yikes!

Also on a side note, I was at the Toyman Collector Show in STL last week and found an Indiana Jones Nazi Field Car for just 2 bucks... I gave it to him and he stuffed it with Cobra troopers and calls it his Cobra Field Car.  Awesome.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 3, 2011, 07:30 AM »
Yo Joes!,  QnA questions are due Monday.  Anything you guys want to know this time around?  I have 2 decent ones, but want you guys to get a chance.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 3, 2011, 11:00 AM »
Sure, I have a couple of ideas!

1) Are there any plans to create some sort of HISS tank from the 1980s classic era that has working treads?  Basically, an all new sculpt, but of the old design scheme?  You could also give it an interchangeable top cannon - one that holds missiles, the other with the standard guns.

2) How about a new Tele-Viper of the old 1980s classic design, but with more modern sculpting/articulation?  It could come with a removable helmet/goggles too, perhaps with alternate gear.  Thoughts?

I wouldn't be surprised if these have been asked before, I don't know.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 7, 2011, 05:38 PM »
According to one site's answers, Data-Viper has been cancelled. Bummer.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 7, 2011, 06:38 PM »
I'm not overly upset about that.  I didn't care for the design that much and probably wouldn't have picked it up even if it got made.

E...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #252 on: June 7, 2011, 11:18 PM »
Our answers are coming, I messed up.  :-X

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 8, 2011, 09:44 PM »
After restoring pegs for the Croc Master wave, which I missed, my nearest Wal Mart has now replaced it with Phineas & Herb guys.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 9, 2011, 11:51 AM »
After restoring pegs for the Croc Master wave, which I missed, my nearest Wal Mart has now replaced it with Phineas & Herb guys.

Ugh, that really sucks.

I've found the Cobra Trooper/Steel Brigade case twice now.  So, I now have 4 of the Cobra Trooper, and 3 of the Streel Brigade trooper.  Tempted to keep them but I have a feeling I'll give them to my kid.