Author Topic: The Cartoon  (Read 8217 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Cartoon
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 07:54 PM »
Picked up the movie at WM on the way home.  No BD versions, but do cartoons really look that much better on that format?  Meh...  Looking forward to watching it sometime this weekend though.  Been a loooong time.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 6, 2010, 07:47 PM »
ENI is reporting that voice actors for Renegads have been cast: Lee Majors, Clancy Brown and Johnny Messner among them!  Good choices IMO, all have distinctive voices that will lend themselves to this type of show.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 05:37 PM »
I got a chance to watch G.I. Joe: The Movie this week, and it was fairly entertaining.  I don't think I had seen it since I was a kid honestly, and it did help remind me of how stupid the whole "Cobra Lalalalalalalalala" nonsense was.  I thought it was stupid then, and still do now.  This was effectively the end of the series we knew and grew up with, correct?  I know there were later iterations of Joe, but I thought this was the last I remembered.

Quick question....was it explained later (in cartoons and/or comics) what happened to Cobra Commander since he was turned to a snake at the end of the movie.  I know, in the figure line at least, he had a different costume (armor) later on, but I don't remember that cartoon or anything.  Just curious if it was ever explained, or just ignored.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 04:31 PM »
Baroness brought Cobra Commander back from his snake form.

You can see quite a few DIC clips where he's in his combat armor suit, how he takes control of Cobra again from Serpentor, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upqUCvOZCYw

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 08:46 PM »
Thanks for posting that CHEWIE, I've never seen that (or any of the series that I can remember).  If I recall correctly, from what I've read online the DIC stuff isn't real well liked, right?  I'll have to see if I can watch some more clips to check it out a bit more.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 04:17 PM »
It's not real well liked from what I've heard, but there is some coolness there.  Python Patrol is pretty neat, and Sgt. Slaughter's crew is cool... both are pretty much just reworked designs from the early Joes.  So that's probably why I like them.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 04:21 PM »
Watched the movie this afternoon - and boy was it cheesy, but it brought back good memories.  I don't even seem to remember Big Lob for some reason.  Ya the Cobra Lallalallalalala thing was lame.  Was nice to see Sgt. Slaughter and the Maruaders.  Sadly I didn't cry when Duke got impaled in the heart by Serpentor.  Looks like Peter Cullen voiced a few of the characters which kinda was neat.  Maybe I'll crack open the season sets someday.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 11:08 PM »
Picked up series 2 volume 1 or somethingish at WM today after exhausting my search for classic Joes.  I guess this new series sucked - (as did all 80's toons)  I bailed on Joes back in 89 so never caught these new toons on tv, but I feel the need to have these discs in my collection for some reason.