Author Topic: Comic Con Exclusive Sgt. Slaughter  (Read 10178 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Comic Con Exclusive Sgt. Slaughter
« on: March 10, 2010, 06:59 PM »
For your reading pleasure maggots!

Clicky to read the story.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Comic Con Exclusive Sgt. Slaughter
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 07:20 PM »
I'm kinda glad he has a gut and isn't all buffed out - which is how he was in real life so I'm cool with that.  Pretty cool that he'll be at Comic Con for the figure's release.  Nice touch   :)  It'd be nice if the hat was removable, but I suppose he's bald/been bald? so maybe a good decision to have it stuck in place.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 08:07 PM »
He has some hair, but it's thinning greatly.  He was on wrestling a couple years ago at maybe Wrestlemania being inducted in the HOF or something, and I saw him sans hat, and basically he's pretty much bald.  Or near bald.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 11:24 PM »
Can't wait for both versions of this. I'm going to try for the Triple T version, since that was the one I had as a kid, but it's inevitable that I'll want them both.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 03:09 AM »
Can't wait for both versions of this. I'm going to try for the Triple T version, since that was the one I had as a kid, but it's inevitable that I'll want them both.  :)
     I second that, I think the Triple T version looks more GI JOE than the other

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 05:24 PM »
Hiss has carded pics of both versions.  Not really diggin the ROC colored camo for the pants on the second version and not sure why the peg hole isn't centered, but I'm still going to try and get both on HTS when they become available...Headache and all included.   :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 09:05 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 12:26 AM »
I saw both SDCC versions on ebay last night while I was looking for a vintage Slaughter. If you have $40-70 burning a hole in your pocket, you can get them now.  ::) I'll take my chances on HTS.

Not to keen on the weird ROC camo either. Hopefully, it's a problem with whoever took the picture.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 09:40 AM »
I was just looking through my Joe Con photos of Slaughter and, unfortunately, I didn't take a really good shot of either version.  They were on a bottom shelf which had a light in it so the colors are kind of washed out.  I don't even really remember the color of his pants.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 02:31 PM »
I want one of each of these, but I don't think we have anybody going to SDCC this year.

I think I'll try the ole HTS route.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 02:41 PM »
I've had really good luck with HTS every year except one, and that was a gold head Pimp Destro.  I'm not even 100% sure they had that figure now, but I did get in on the silver version.  And I did buy both CC versions last year.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 02:48 PM »
I've had really good luck with HTS every year except one, and that was a gold head Pimp Destro.  I'm not even 100% sure they had that figure now, but I did get in on the silver version.  And I did buy both CC versions last year.

Gold Destro was on HTS, but sold out by the time I got to the site.  I generally have spotty luck with the Comicon stuff as I collect SW, TF, and Joes so something from those lines usually always gets pulled from my cart while I'm checking out.   :-\ 

Read rumors that the Seacons are going to show up at SDCC and will be up at HTS the next day.  Yes that has nothing to do with this thread.   :)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 02:53 PM »
Last year I bought the SW and Soundwave exclusives from HTS with no problem...and the Joe exclusives hung around for a while. 

When the Destro figs when up for sale I wasn't actually at my desk so I caught them a little late.  The gold Destro was the only exclusive that year that I didn't have a shot at, though.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 6, 2010, 03:03 PM »
$12.99 - hopefully I can snag both versions in the coming weeks...

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 02:00 AM »
Gijoeclub.com has the Slaughters available as a set in their store. 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 11:24 AM »
Yeah, but they want $40 and shipping for them.  I'm not usually one to bash the club, but that price is a little ridiculous since it's not a club exclusive item.  I'm assuming these will be on HasbroToyShop.com tomorrow for retail, and the 10% coupons may even apply.

E...