Author Topic: Comic Con Exclusive Sgt. Slaughter  (Read 10176 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Comic Con Exclusive Sgt. Slaughter
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 02:43 PM »
I'm assuming these will be on HasbroToyShop.com tomorrow for retail, and the 10% coupons may even apply.

E...

I hope the coupon works tomorrow.  Passing on SWS for the Visionaries set for now...Just need me that, Blaster, and 3 Slaughters and I'll be a happy camper.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 05:06 PM »
I ordered the Visionaries set from SSW.com just in case.  I've been seriously thinking about Blaster to go with the Soundwave from last year.  I'm debating on the Slaughter figures.  They're cool enough, but if I don't get them I'm not going to lose any sleep over them. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 11:46 PM »
The Club sold out of those $40 member priced Sgt. Slaughters.  They had quite a few and still sold out before HTS.  I thought the high price would help these stay in stock at the Club for a while.  Tomorrow morning is going to be busy like Mattycollector.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 11:29 AM »
I just saw that HTS has its exclusives up for order, but I must have already missed the boat on Slaughter.  Oh well, hopefully he'll show up later.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 11:46 AM »
I've been stalking the site all morning - refreshing every few minutes.  Not sure why they would have added a listing for him, but no stock.  Hopefully he'll be in stock soonish.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 10:19 PM »
So did these EVER show as in stock? I checked before work today, and there's still the two listings with no pics, as it was earlier.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 10:26 PM »
Nope.  I've been checking throughout the day once HTS threw up the listing for the Slaughters and the TF/SW stuff, but no dice.  I think they sold out through the show or through that other Joe site that had them listed for $40 a set or what not.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:41 PM by iFett »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 10:59 PM »
Yeah, suddenly paying $40 for the set from the Club almost looks like a good investment if you wanted these.  I passed on the club and now that they don't seem to be available online, I'm not going to worry about it.

I had the opportunity to snag the TF fig a couple of times when it was up but passed.  I didn't want to spend $50 on it just to go with the Soundwave from last year.  I think I already mentioned that I picked up the Visionaries set from SSW.com.  I'm fine with that even though HTS.com might be a couple dollars cheaper.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 11:04 PM »
Bummer. Well, I'm going to the Chicago Comic Con next month, so hopefully, some dealer will have a reasonably priced set.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 12:42 PM »
Slaughter's have split from each other on HTS and I believe one was available for a few seconds.  Going back to my haunting....

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 01:16 PM »
After this fiasco, if Hasbro has any of these available for sale AFA graded, that's going to be trouble that even Mattel could never have wrought.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 07:00 PM »
Has anyone managed to get one of these?  Maybe my timing has just been bad, but he's been sold out every time I've ever checked there.  Not that I can't live without Slaughter, but it would have been nice to add him to the 25th collection.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 07:54 PM »
I think the USA version has been available maybe three times for 5-10 minutes and then POOF.  I really wanted just one of these - well 2 - one for my carded collection as well, but ya I don't think that's going to happen.  Kinda sucky as I've seen all the other exclusives available at least a few times.   :-\

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2010, 08:34 PM »
For once I had a hook up, and my little brother who attended SDCC picked me up a USA version.  I thought for sure I'd have a chance to get a Triple T version online, but now I'm just glad I got the one.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2010, 01:36 PM »
A little bit of info from a fellow from Hisstank named JediKnutt who actually got some decent info out of Hasbro:

Ok, here goes. All the Triple T Slaughters DID sell out. The stock they had held back for the site was sent to the con for replenishment. And that sold out. There are NONE of either version in the warehouse. They are GONE. BUT (and you hoped there would be one) they have ordered a whole additional production run (YAY!) and that should be on the site soon. No idea for sure when. When I told the guy about our little camp out and the outrageous prices on ebay he said "this next run should take care of ebay" and "we will not be sending any to AFA until there is a surplus".

I hope it's true.