Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 5  (Read 87886 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: "Vintage" Collection Wave 5 (2011 Wave 1)
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2010, 11:08 PM »
Couldn't Han be 'improved' by using Smuggler Lando's torso? His shirt's buttoned up.

No.

Something's a little off on the Lando torso, don't know why.  Maybe the bulk of the shirt, I'm not sure.

It's the way the vest is hanging open on it, it's too wide at the bottom.  Plus it was designed for Lando's poofier arms/sleeves.  Plus Han would never be dorky enough to wear his collar over the top of his vest like Lando...  

« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 11:19 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2010, 10:16 AM »
So the shirt has no buttons, nor was it a V-neck... great work on the research, Hasbro (or just cutting corners)

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2010, 01:16 PM »
They are just cutting corners.  Apparently with head sculpts to.  I am not really bothered by them not using the closed shirt (though it would have been a nice touch).  I did not think they would bother with it honestly.  However, the fact that they have a nice one from the VOTC pisses me off.  Use THAT one instead of this cartoonish junk. 

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #138 on: November 1, 2010, 08:39 AM »
It's the way the vest is hanging open on it, it's too wide at the bottom.  Plus it was designed for Lando's poofier arms/sleeves.  Plus Han would never be dorky enough to wear his collar over the top of his vest like Lando...  

I agree on the vest.  When I made mine, I cut downt he collar quite a bit.  It's just hidden behind the mendal.
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #139 on: November 1, 2010, 12:30 PM »
I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be closed in the final version. The R5 shown is not the one we are getting according to a response from Hasbro. It's supposed to be all new, that gives me a small smidgen of hope that this will change too.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #140 on: November 1, 2010, 04:10 PM »
I'm hoping basically every figure has some major changes to the photos we got when we see production versions, aside from Gree and the Utapau Clone (they looked fine).

That Stormtrooper COULD be cool, but he really has a ways to go himself ala a new helmet and rifle.   :-\  If he comes rocking a new Stormie long rifle, and that helmet's dramatically better, count me in on a number of the Stormie then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 1, 2010, 04:17 PM »
I've seen pics of Stormies with a short blaster as well (never seen in the movies, just production stills). Wonder if we'll ever get that version?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #142 on: November 1, 2010, 05:01 PM »
I've seen pics of Stormies with a short blaster as well (never seen in the movies, just production stills). Wonder if we'll ever get that version?

Should be easy enough since they've been giving that pistol, or one similar, to the Evolution and pack-in TIE pilots for a while now.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2010, 05:09 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #143 on: November 1, 2010, 05:23 PM »
All this ceremony got me thinking, what are the chances the will CGI a medal on Chewbacca in the upcoming Blu- Ray edition. I know it unrelated to this topic but it would give Hasbro another "variation to sell us.

I really do hope some of these surprise us in a good way. If these will hit in Dec/January we should see some packaged production shots somewhat in the near future.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #144 on: November 1, 2010, 05:29 PM »
All this ceremony got me thinking, what are the chances the will CGI a medal on Chewbacca in the upcoming Blu- Ray edition. I know it unrelated to this topic but it would give Hasbro another "variation to sell us.

I really do hope some of these surprise us in a good way. If these will hit in Dec/January we should see some packaged production shots somewhat in the near future.

If he isn't wearing the red Snuggie™ I want nothing to do with it.  :D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 9, 2010, 01:12 AM »
So is this wave considered a repaint wave, and, if so, why? I'm wondering why Hasbro included so many repaints in this wave.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #146 on: November 9, 2010, 10:37 AM »
If he isn't wearing the red Snuggie™ I want nothing to do with it.  :D

Now that would be a repack I would welcome!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 9, 2010, 12:12 PM »
This wave really is a letdown I think.  Other than Luke, I really don't don't even care if I see a single one of these on the pegs.  This is going to be a major bottleneck wave, I'm afraid.  And Hasbro will see it as a lack of collector interest, when in reality it's their own doing.

Luke - I don't care for the Stormie belt, unless it's removable and comes with his regular Tatooine one. Will get 2-3 of this Luke either way though, as he looks good overall.  I don't know if I like the cloth part of his outfit though.

Utapau Clone - Would be fine if the helmet looked better. What I see is the bulky removable helmet, which I can't stand.  Easy pass.  I'll stick with the superior ROTS line clone trooper sculpt.

R5-D4 - Will probably get one, but really not too exciting. 

Han Solo - The regular VOTC Han always looks better to me because of the head. This is likely a pass for me.

Commander Gree - Easy pass.  I don't see why they bother with a removable helmet still, they look horrible on clones as they're always too big and bulky... and also less defined sculpts.

Stormtrooper - This figure is a tremendous a letdown.  Below the helmet, he looks great.  If this is the final helmet sculpt, I will pass.  If the instead go with an ACCURATE looking one, I'd happily purchase a dozen or more. But I have little faith as to me, Hasbro has actually made Stormtrooper and Clones worse the past year... and even if they do fix the helmet (which I doubt), I won't be surprised if they all have yellowing body parts right out of the gate.

The helmet thing really irks me though.

Comparing the sculpts above, one is great and the other is an abomination.  It's things like this that make me lose interest... but then in response, Hasbro points the finger at collectors for not supporting the line... but when their quality slips, they are the ones that are at fault.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #148 on: November 9, 2010, 12:42 PM »
Han Solo - The regular VOTC Han always looks better to me because of the head. This is likely a pass for me.

On a side note I am always a bit baffled by the disdain for the DS Escape Han head. I think the DS escape head blows away the original VOTC Han head. It looks so much more like HF than the previous. I guess I am in the minority on this.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 9, 2010, 02:18 PM »
I remember in a past TF.N podcast, it was mentioned that the wave following this one (2011 Wave 2) was supposed to have more "new", and be a larger wave (I believe).  I'm just worried that the next wave(s) after this one would get pushed out, and then we'll see our yearly 6-8 month gap with no new basic figures for this line.  I hope that isn't the case.  Originally, it sounded like we were supposed to get this wave and the next one, then a smallish break before the rest of the line hits throughout the year.  But, with Hasbro juggling not only another Transformers movie, but also Thor and Captain America, I'm wondering how much attention Star Wars will get during the spring/summer months.  I understand why we get a wave like this (TPM stuff got pushed out, sort of a filler wave), but it could mean trouble if the pegs are full of it for half the year.