Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 5  (Read 87889 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 5
« Reply #225 on: February 10, 2011, 11:27 PM »
Wow.  The variant Jedi Luke card looks really good.  But it stinks that they'd keep on shipping that ****ing Sandtrooper!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 11, 2011, 08:40 AM »
Oh, I picked the new Endor Luke yesterday, too. I assume people already found these.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 11, 2011, 10:36 AM »
Oh, I picked the new Endor Luke yesterday, too. I assume people already found these.

Nope.  Nothing of this wave or waves 4 or 5 around here.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 11, 2011, 04:34 PM »
of course I found this wave at Walmart today after I make my order at HTS.  I only ordered Luke in my HTS order - so when I saw Yoda I grabbed him.  I didn't put Yoda in my order earlier because I am not liking this whole stamp on the front of his leg issue.  Well, I was hoping I would be able to tell if I saw him at retail whether he had it or not, but you cannot see - the robe is covering it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #229 on: February 11, 2011, 06:57 PM »
Said it in the wave 4 thread, but it applies here...  I'm wondering if the $8.99 pricehike at Target isn't a permanent thing since they're $8.99 at HTS now as well.  I'm also wondering if we're not in for a price hike news at Toy Fair and this is a reflection of the MSRP going up now.

Either way, I'll be seriously looking at whether or not I want to continue collecting at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 11, 2011, 07:23 PM »
just fyi, the stamp number on my Yoda's leg is on the side of his leg - not the front or the back.  Curto got a bad apple

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #231 on: February 12, 2011, 10:48 AM »
$8.99 will certainly end buying a carded set for me, and probably others as well.  I think this line is working because collectors came back, and were buying two or three of everything.  Why raise the price?  Why ruin a good thing?

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 15, 2011, 10:32 AM »
Found Luke DSE and Ut Clone, but no others.  No sign of wave 4.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 16, 2011, 12:59 PM »
I found the orange clonetrooper and Yoda.  Missed it by that much!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 16, 2011, 08:44 PM »
Either way, I'll be seriously looking at whether or not I want to continue collecting at this point.

With prices that steep, I'm sure repack/repaint waves (like this one) are gonna start to fail - seriously, how can Hasbro expect collectors to buy figures they more or less already have, this time for $9+?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 16, 2011, 09:03 PM »

With prices that steep, I'm sure repack/repaint waves (like this one) are gonna start to fail - seriously, how can Hasbro expect collectors to buy figures they more or less already have, this time for $9+?

I won't stop.  But it is making me much, much more selective and careful.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 18, 2011, 09:02 AM »
Opened the Stormtrooper. Glad they added the holster, but it doesn't help the aesthetics of the horrible looking hip joints. I'll pick up a couple, but won't be upgrading the 300+ of the VOTC/30AV styled I have.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 18, 2011, 10:09 AM »
Opened the Stormtrooper. Glad they added the holster, but it doesn't help the aesthetics of the horrible looking hip joints. I'll pick up a couple, but won't be upgrading the 300+ of the VOTC/30AV styled I have.

Nope, you gotta do it.  Nobody here thinks your collection is good until that's done.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 18, 2011, 11:03 AM »
The hip joints on the Stormtrooper don't bother me nearly as much as the awful helmet they used.  I don't see why they don't use the Spacetrooper one from Legacy, it's so much better.  I'm not buying a single one due to the helmet.

And I agree, I'm really not liking these prices... I'm not ready to call it quits yet, but I'm actually considering it... last night I stood in my Star Wars room, wonderinf it the time had come for me to quit buying this stuff.  It's one thing to enjoy a hobby, but when you feel like you're getting gouged, it doesn't seem quite as enjoyable.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #239 on: February 18, 2011, 04:09 PM »
I've had that exact SW Room moment lately.

About the helmet, one possible reason is the figure does use the torso/upper body of the 30AC Trooper, and thus his helmet, which were probably together.  Hasbro's said before how molds aren't always in the same factory.  The Spacetrooper could be nowhere near the 30AC Trooper, but the Sandtrooper mold could've been there so they combined them because of that.  That happens a lot with other companies actually, who use multiple factories.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77