Author Topic: Whatcha doin' till Vintage?  (Read 31145 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Whatcha doin' till Vintage?
« on: March 25, 2010, 10:52 AM »
If you're caught up with everything that's been released, all we have left are the TRU Exclusives; EU BAD wave and TFU BP's (unless I'm forgetting something.) And they should be out no later than next month. That means we have May, June and July with no new non-animated product. What's everyone doing in the down time?

I don't do the animated figures, so I'm going to enjoy the break for sure, but I'm sure I'll pick up some odd and end imperial pieces if I find good deals.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Whatcha doin' till Vintage?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 11:19 AM »
I'm saving money.  Looks like TF & Joes are also on vacation until August.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 11:58 AM »
I'm buying Halo toys, some TF movie toys, Marvel Universe figures, Iron Man 2 toys and of course the TRU EU wave.

I should have enough to keep me busy. I'll also be saving up for the summer release of SW Vintage toys and the AT-AT.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 12:01 PM »
Marvel Universe, IM2, and maybe a little more back tracking of SW figures I have missed out on.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 02:20 PM »
Hopefully, for the most part, saving up.  I collect some of the CW stuff, and I think there are two or three figures (the "Snow" Obi-Wan wave) that I'd like to still pick up prior to the new line branding in the fall.  Otherwise, aside from a few Marvel/DC figures here and there, I'm hoping to just save up for the AT-AT and the vintage line in general.  I always have intentions to save up all this money though, and it never seems to work out quite that way.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 04:38 PM »
Saving money, and I'm delving into 1:16 RC tanks...  1:16 tanks compared to 1:18 tanks are a drastic scale difference but they display well with 1:18 figures and support vehicles enough that I want to spread out. 

The 1:16 RC tank world has diversity galore...  Off the top of my head there's at least 5 German tanks I could spit out immediately, a Sherman, a couple Russian armor pieces (unheard of in 1:18).  And they're anywhere from $90-ish to $150-ish and can be upgraded tremendously with real metal parts.

I've been itching to try these out, and I figure now's the time.  Some of them even "smoke" when damaged by another tank.  Pretty slick.

I figure otherwise I'm just squirreling away for Vintage then and that way I'll ease up my usual budgeting some.  The way I figure it won't be too pricey a year I think anyway, but any extra will help that even more, especially if some great army builders sneak in.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 04:45 PM »
Completing my "Vintage" Vintage Collection...14 items to go!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 05:41 PM »
- Building a custom Jabba's Palace Dio shelf display similar to my Cantina.
- Updating my collection room (See below link)  with new shelfpaper and making room fro new items in the fall.
- Combed through my stuff to purge a few undesirable items.
- Making some custom figures to earn some money for Vintage.
- Waiting impatiently for new stuff.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 06:38 PM »
There's plenty for me to do.  I've been biding my time on a bunch of things. 

-At least one wave or more of Clone Wars basic figures
-Some of the Deluxe figures w/ vehicles
-Both TFU multipacks
-The last wave of comic 2-packs
-The online exclusive comic 2-pack
-The EU wave
-The Shadow ARC-170 (bargain hunting)
-The Crumb Bomber Republic Gunship
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 07:00 PM »
- Actual vintage  ;D

- A few Iron Man and MU figs here and there.

- Saving money as I have a lot of travel plans this summer - the book comes out at last!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 08:08 PM »
JACK reminded me but I forgot to mention the shelves...

I built my office desk last year, and so now I need to build the upper shelves to it, and then the shelves mounted to the wall above that, for the main display area for my collection.  I also need to finish the insert shelf for my bound comics and radio/CD stand that goes with it.  At that point I'll have that wall of the office done and can start looking at the shelving I put up already around the ceiling, as I want to redo some of it and the way I mounted it to a more hanging (than supported from beneath) system.

I've been putzing around all winter on that stuff and now that it's warming I need to go back into the routine of working on that in the evenings I'm home.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 08:42 PM »
Catching up on things I passed on initially.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 10:11 PM »
For me, it's mostly going to be saving up, but I still have to get:

• The last Clone Wars wave - Snow Gear Obi-wan, Snow Armor Rex, Magnaguard & Firefighter Droid
  • The TRU Clone Wars Tin - want one to open
  • Pick up a couple more Stormtrooper Commanders to build up a squad of four of them
  • The Force Unleashed Box Sets (want three of each)
  • The Legacy EU wave

It will be great if I can get all of that taken care of by the end of May. I expect the new stuff to start hitting by the end of July, so two months "off" will be nice.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 11:50 PM »
A few Marvel Universe figs, and catching up on some sports DVDs I collect, but mostly saving money
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 12:01 AM »
Re-examining why I'm even bothering to collect anymore. 

Sounding like a broken record, but I can't find stuff locally, I'm disinterested in ebay or paying $15 at an online retailer and the US is facing distribution issues itself.  Couple that with a room that is mostly crammed full at the moment and the question of why and what am I doing with all this stuff and I've reached a point where I'm not sure I care. 

There's some stuff I love (loose vintage), some stuff I hate (PT - if I can't remember the name of a character this close to a movie's release, I'm probably not that deeply invested emotionally) and some stuff in the middle.  The stuff in the middle ranges from the 8th Han Solo figure I have to the carded vintage stuff.  Do I really need 8+ Han's; probably not.  Do I really need to have the carded version of the loose vintage figure or do I want to own a Harley more, cuz there's still a chunk of change to be had culling it out. 

On one had I'm pissed at Hasbro because for better than 15 years I've enjoyed collecting this stuff.  On the other hand there's still some opportunity to recoup a good chunk of the money I put in and get a motorcycle out of it.  Without the famine I might not feel that way.  I'm sure Harley Davidson will be thrilled to have me buying skull covered foot pegs and probably won't make it that hard for me to find them. ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.