Author Topic: Whatcha doin' till Vintage?  (Read 31147 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Whatcha doin' till Vintage?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 12:59 AM »
I'll enjoy the break....have plenty of other things that will require money.

I'll also pull everything out of the collection room and dust.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 02:13 AM »
My Vader collection is the main focus these days - there's always tons of stuff to be found online.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 02:11 PM »
Re-examining why I'm even bothering to collect anymore.  
On one had I'm pissed at Hasbro because for better than 15 years I've enjoyed collecting this stuff.  On the other hand there's still some opportunity to recoup a good chunk of the money I put in and get a motorcycle out of it.  Without the famine I might not feel that way.  I'm sure Harley Davidson will be thrilled to have me buying skull covered foot pegs and probably won't make it that hard for me to find them. ;)

Funny you say that because similar thoughts have been going through my head lately... I'm toying with ditching mini-busts except for the OT ones at the moment.  I'm down to just the loose collection Hasbro-wise, and I don't want to get rid of it per se, but I'm definitely finding myself excited about the drawdown in terms of new product - ESPECIALLY in terms of the EU stuff.  I'm thinking about selling off some more army builders as well.

I'm also thinking this because i'm interested in a motorized vehicle with two wheels, but mine would be a much more affordable Honda Ruckus. :)

While I'm not ready to make the leap into getting rid of the entire Hasbro collection, the only thing I consider entirely untouchable is the vintage collection.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 02:13 PM by Rob »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 1, 2010, 10:12 AM »
Finally got to sit down and tally my revised Battalion. I'm still in need of about 50 stormtroopers, a couple of scanning techs and a several officer types. I'll probably work on these during the down time.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 1, 2010, 10:28 AM »
Depending on which Stormtroopers you're looking for, I might be able to help.  I'm toying with the idea of letting about 20 of mine go.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 2, 2010, 10:15 AM »
Lookin' for both VOTC styled (Spacetrooper, Han/Luke trooper, clean or saga2 blk pauldron Sandie) and the Tantive IV trooper.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 2, 2010, 11:45 AM »
I've got tons of the 30thAC version... almost none of the Tantive one.  I've got 50 VOTC's but had planned on keeping those ones.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 3, 2010, 10:57 PM »
Well, I'm pretty much a Basic Figure/BP/CP collector. I don't collect vehicles, unless they're included in BPs - and the price these days are just too high! But in the meantime till Vintage, I'll be catching up on TLC and TCW - I buy at a slow pace, and I have a lot to catch up on!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 8, 2010, 02:27 PM »
The answer should be saving money.

But adding to my Twins' baseball card collection is more likely.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2010, 12:58 AM »
I pick tlc and potf2 figures, the ones I ever want and didnīt have the chance to acquire before.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2010, 03:05 AM »
I found something that's going to keep me real busy through the down times here over Summer.

I'm already looking to upgrade things...  Other tanks I want too.  I got my first on Friday and drove it all over the house...  If the weather had been better I'd have been out and about.

Either way, this'll definitely be a real time consumer during this gap in stuff to buy.  I'm kinda really enjoying not looking for toys too...  I'm almost enjoying it a little too much.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 09:35 AM »
Looking forward to Kubrick deluxe series 1 in May, and series 2 in August!

Continuing to thin the Hasbro herd- I plan on being down to 100 loose figures by August, and 50 carded. I haven't decided about the ships yet.

What I've sold so far got me my Kymco people 250 S, and my bike a good tune-up, plus the money set aside for Kubricks and 1 AT-AT.

Packing away other items (action fleet, card collection) in deep storage so I can re-discover them in 5 years and enjoy them again.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 02:13 PM »
I wonder if Hasbro has seen this thread?  I can't imagine any business plan that allows a captive audience, and consumer, "time off" to spend cash on other products...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2010, 02:19 PM »
I wonder if Hasbro has seen this thread? 

They are well aware that this will happen...  this is not the first year they've done this - same thing happened in 2008 and 2009.

They are hoping/expecting that some collectors use the "time off" to spend cash on the other stuff they are hyping.  In 2008 it was Indy, in 2009 it was TFers/GI Joe, in 2010 it's Iron Man, etc.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2010, 03:24 PM »
I'm working on saving some money up for the Fall, and restoring a vintage Terror Drome.