Author Topic: Whatcha doin' till Vintage?  (Read 31155 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Whatcha doin' till Vintage?
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2010, 11:47 AM »
You know, although I've picked up an odd Star Wars figure here or there (a couple CW, a couple extra Legacy figures), I've mainly been picking up other lines during the lull (primarily Marvel Universe and DCUC).  I haven't been able to save up as much for vintage as I would have liked, as I've been using the time to pick up some of the books and TPBs I've been wanting to get for awhile, but I don't expect I'll be picking up much else until TVC hits.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2010, 02:32 PM »
I'm collecting Halo stuff between now and Vintage. Also some Marvel universe and Iron Man, with a smidge of Transformers.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2010, 11:22 PM »
I'm redesigning my backyard and planting/harvesting crops. Yard work can be fun! ;)
I'm also trying to get back into programming as a hobby. I'm designing a couple of new games for the XBox 360 and my Zune HD.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:23 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2010, 10:34 AM »
Oh well if we're talking non-collecting then yes, I've planted a veggie garden.
Includes:
Cucumbers
Peas
Spinach
Corn
Peppers (red, yellow and black-yes black) These are just like green peppers, only different in color)
Tomatoes (7 different kinds)

I also have a spice garden the includes:
Parsley (regular and Italian flat leaf)
Basil
Oregano
Cilantro
and two others I can't recall at the moment.

We also planted several flowers and in one corner of the yard made a new flower bed.

Also, last weekend I cut down our 6 Hemlock trees. Four were on the side, two in the front. I wanted a work out since I'm an overweight man. So I bought a 3ft axe. I managed to cut the first three down this way. Tough work, but it was really fun. At the end of those three I tuckered out. My wife went to a neighbor's to get a chainsaw and down went the last three.

Normally I'm a nature lover, but these trees were close to the house and the roots were threatening the foundation, so they had to go. The wood is being donated as firewood so nothing went to waste.

So I totally echo Phruby's comment that yard work can be fun. And productive too! Can't wait to harvest my veggies!!!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2010, 11:14 AM »
It's amazing how reorganizing my Imperial army ate up so much of this down time. I shouldn't have any major SW purchases, except for the comic con stuff, but August is practically right around the corner.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2010, 02:35 PM »
Something else I've spent this "down time" working on is sort of going through everything I have, reorganizing, packing away, and considering selling.  I guess overall it has been a good time to "inventory" to some extent, and just look at all the crap stuff I'm trying to find room for in our house any more (whether it is on display or stored away).  For me anyways, reorganizing and doing an inventory often means a reassessment of what I really need to collect.  There is so much great stuff made these days, but it is really tough to find the room to display it properly (let alone afford it).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2010, 08:41 PM »
Almost done with TLC RED.  My last holdout piece?  The Crumb Bomber Republic Gunship, and I'm hoping for a sale on that.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2010, 11:19 PM »
I generally only buy basic figures, so I'm wrapping up on TLC - especially since I've noticed that I'm buying less and less figures from my "REALLY WANT" list. By the time TVC comes out, I'll be barely finishing with TLC. And unless I can find that last wave of CPs, then I should be saying "goodbye" forever to TLC by the end of this month.

As for TCW, I still need a hell of a lot of catching up to do - I have not one figure from TCW 2010 Waves 1-3, except Snow Gear Obi and Ani.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2010, 09:43 AM »
Almost done with TLC RED.  My last holdout piece?  The Crumb Bomber Republic Gunship, and I'm hoping for a sale on that.

Is that thing still at TRU?  I haven't seen that thing in a looong time.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2010, 06:28 PM »

Oh yeah.  A lot of them have sold out, but I still seem them occassionally.

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2010, 08:32 PM »
Its been awhile, but I'm pretty sure I picked up the Crumb Bomber back in maybe Oct/Nov on sale for $40 and I had a $5 off coupon on top of that.  They dried up shortly there after in my neck of the woods.  I'd like to track down the ol CW version from back in the day, and possibly the WM version I skipped, but ya probably not.  Still trying to pay off some bills before the August onslaught.

Good luck on a sale!   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2010, 01:04 AM »
A sale seems like it's probably out of the question at this point.  But it's amazing to see the prices that some of the older Republic Gunships are fetching.  That Clone Wars Command Gunship is going for SICK ammounts on the secondary market.

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2010, 02:29 PM »

Oh yeah.  A lot of them have sold out, but I still seem them occassionally.

I haven't seen one since mid December, and this is at four different TRU stores.  They sold out fast in St. Louis.  Would have bought one then but there was too much other stuff all hitting at once, plus didn't have too much extra spending money around Christmas anyway. 

TIE Interceptors though?  Each TRU around here still has several.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2010, 02:28 PM »

DONE.  As of 12:15 I have the Crumb Bomber Republic Gunship in hand with a TRU reqards card coupon.

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2010, 12:04 PM »
Since I haven't bought any toys in a couple of months, I've been putting funds aside for the new product launch in a month (or so). So far I've got $1700 set aside.

So now I'm trying to figure out if that's gonna be enough. So factoring that I'm gonna be getting three AT-ATs (one to open, one in regular packaging, one in throwback packaging) - that's $300 + tax

I'm gonna get two of every figure, so that's roughly..

Vintage: 2 x 12 figures x 2 waves of vintage x $8 = $384
Clone Wars: 2 x 12 figures x 2 waves of CW x $7 = $336
Legends (I only get one of each for the MOC collection): 1 x 12 figures x $7 = $84

After that there's Battlepacks, Vehicles, Deluxe Sets, Exclusive figures Jodo Kast, Nikto Guard and Kul Teska, Jabba @ WalMart, and what else?

Is there one big list somewhere with all of the items coming out in August listed?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!