Author Topic: Chewbacca  (Read 22384 times)

Offline evilanimation

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Chewbacca
« Reply #15 on: April 1, 2010, 03:34 AM »
Will be watching!!! Just have to say this shows how far the toy industry has come.

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 1, 2010, 05:31 AM »
Wow, I guess a lot of us lost a Chewie! I put mine down a hole in the sand to fight a spider. There was a storm over night and the sand blew over leaving no trace of the hole or the wookiee. I dug everywhere for days but I never found him!

I have to agree with everyone, these Chewies are great.  I love the way the fur is sculpted and hides the articulation so well, especially the torso. I'm with JACK about that Hoth tin figure, I would love a clean version of him too. If I could have any upgrades on Chewie, I wouldn't mind seeing the neck joint on the Cloud City capture make a reappearance, or his bandoleer-pack get that open feature that the Temple of doom Indy had.

Really looking forward to this excellent ongoing feature.

« Last Edit: April 1, 2010, 09:55 AM by Blaster under the pillow »

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 1, 2010, 08:14 AM »
I agree, the EB KIt Chewie is the best modern counterpart of the Kenner version. At first I thought the VOTC one was, but when this one came along, it was a clear case.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 1, 2010, 10:20 AM »
The only improvement that could be made to the Chewie figure is a non-plastic material for the crossbow strap. Now to see how many vintage cardbacks they're going to try to knock out.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 1, 2010, 10:22 AM »
I love the newer sculpt for Chewbacca.  My only problem is I have one helluva time getting the crossbow in his hand.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 2, 2010, 03:46 PM »

"I bent my Wookiee!"
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline zombieted

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 01:14 PM »
Got the EB Chewie and he is awesome!!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2010, 01:09 PM »
My brother lost Chewie than found him months later, in a bar doing a line of coke with a hooker...his hair was perfect. (Okay, maybe it was a vacant lot by an apartment complex)

We had two at some point, which was good, because the original had loose limbs and a missing weapon.

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2010, 04:47 PM »
My Chewbacca got flushed down the toilet. A couple of months later when we open up the septic tank to get it emptied there he was floating at the top. Just his head and one arm sticking up. He spent the next two weeks emerged in a Coolwhip tub full of bleach. He a little green from the neck down but otherwise okay. The headless Sand Person wasn't as lucky.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2010, 06:42 PM »
My Chewbacca got flushed down the toilet. A couple of months later when we open up the septic tank to get it emptied there he was floating at the top. Just his head and one arm sticking up. He spent the next two weeks emerged in a Coolwhip tub full of bleach. He a little green from the neck down but otherwise okay. The headless Sand Person wasn't as lucky.

"Chewie crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to."

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 3, 2010, 09:28 AM »
And you thought it smelled bad on the outside.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2010, 08:43 PM »
The vintage version of Chewbacca has a well definition of his fur, without too much volume impression like the votc one.
I remember some marvel star wars comic issues spotted Chewie like the vintage action figure, it happened until rotj, when they chose to depict him in a more furry way. (in the comic pannels)