Author Topic: Antique Finish Detail  (Read 15392 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Antique Finish Detail
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2010, 02:17 PM »
The more I think about this, I hope this isn't some elaborate (and mean) April Fool's joke.  :-\

Ya we're awfully close to April, aren't we?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Antique Finish Detail
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2010, 06:55 PM »
The more I think about this, I hope this isn't some elaborate (and mean) April Fool's joke.  :-\

Ya we're awfully close to April, aren't we?

If this is a joke I will really be pissed. Having finally something to invigorate the boards again and something to look forward that sounds like it will awesome was great. Having a two day April fool's joke is just plain dumb. If that's the case RS forums should get some colorful posts.......

This sounds like it's true but we should find out one way or the other tomorrow........
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Antique Finish Detail
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2010, 09:56 PM »
I have a bad feeling about this....

Antique Force Detail Collection = April Fools Day Collection?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Antique Finish Detail
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2010, 10:07 PM »
Hey, if it is, it is...  Everyone runs their site differently.  I suppose for some it's the best way to get people to view their site too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Antique Finish Detail
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2010, 10:45 PM »

I think you make a good observation with the name. The name didn't sound right to me when I first read it. I didn't jump straight to the April Fools Day conclusion, but I felt like the term "Antique" wouldn't be used. Plus the name doesn't make much sense... Antique Force Detail? Vintage or Retro sounds kind of cool to me, and at the very least nostalgic. Antique, on the other hand, sounds like the toy might be detailed with dust, or at least have paint apps that I have to fix myself.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the above repaints show up in the line, but I call shenanigans on the whole group/collection. It goes against all previous chase assortments and repaint waves. Plus some choices seem way too good to be true.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Antique Finish Detail
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2010, 11:40 PM »
I was reading some of the posts on RS boards, this "joke" is really going to backfire on them. Using April fools two days prior is just wrong especially since we are in such a dry period of news and product really adds insult to injury. Not cool.

It's a real shame because this sounded pretty feasible given the 4-Lom/Zuckuss. Normally I would hold out some hope but I am a realist. as Greg pointed out It does go against all previous chase assortments as these were actually worthwhile and not some dumb foil or gold coin. >:(

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Antique Finish Detail
« Reply #36 on: April 1, 2010, 12:19 AM »
While it does sound like a good idea, it seems too good to be true. Got to be a joke... but why do it 2 days in advance? Do it the day of.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: April 1, 2010, 12:35 AM »
It doesn't help that they listed Hoth Han and things, and I believe some of those were declared "off" by Hasbro.  I believe when they confirmed the Hangar Han for Han's Hideout they said "No Hoth Han as we typically see him", or something.  I know that was said somewhere to someone in the Q&A.

Well, that or I'm getting old, which is equally plausible.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #38 on: April 1, 2010, 01:08 AM »
I like the idea of getting a vintage feel for the figures. If its true, I am down.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 1, 2010, 01:23 AM »

NICE!  You've gotta love spinning fanboys into a tizzy.  Given the state of things over at the RS forums, good on Curto for messing with that mob.  It'll get plenty of the know-it-alls over there a chance to whine, because they just LOVE to whine for the sake of whining.  For something to "mysteriously" show up in their photo database without any kind of front page news, SOMEONE should have known better.  And the way so many people in the fanboy community take things WAY too seriously? It makes this even better!  Although they really need to develop something of a sense of humor.  As for me?  I enjoyed the joke immensely!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #40 on: April 1, 2010, 10:22 AM »
It's very easy to feel that way in retrospect that they should have known better. Given the very dry state of the hobby with news and product having a two day April fool's joke is going to blunt any senses of humor. I am wondering on the AFD list you have a Death Squad commander then on their confirmed ANH list they have him listed there as well. does that mean that BS too? They actually hurt their own questionable credibility yet again. If anything Hasbro has some great cheap research into this concept. I really dug it, it's a shame if it is a joke. I would have liked Boba in classic colors......

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 1, 2010, 10:51 AM »
The two day AFD joke seems to defeat the purpose. Running a story/post/whatever today and tricking a few suckers is one thing, but to put something up two days early and pass it off as legit? It does hurt Scum's credibility... not that they had a lot to begin with.

Though Scum had a great "joke" several years back. They put up a story for a Darth Vader Operation Board Game. I still think that would have been a huge hit!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 1, 2010, 10:59 AM »
Joke or not, I'm still not a fan of true chase figures in the SW line.  If it is a joke, haven't checked Scum's page yet today, I'm not mad but it is pretty lame to set something like that up ahead of time.  April Fools' Day is bad enough, but if you're going to make it so 2 days prior you have to start distrusting things?  Next will 3 days be acceptable?  Four?  Let's just start setting up next year's tomorrow so it'll be even MORE funny....   ::)

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 1, 2010, 11:19 AM »
This morning I put some silver duct tape on the sprayer in my kitchen sink so when my wife turned it on she got hosed - that was funny.  It was even funnier when I got myself with my own gag washing off my coffee spoon before my wife woke up (I already forgto about my own trick).

Running an April Fools day joke in advance isn't funny at all - I am gonna go out on a limb and hope that it isn't a fake - perhaps they are playing it off as a fake by not really talking about it - perhaps the name for the chase figures line itself is just the fake but the figures in the deco really are coming.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 1, 2010, 01:03 PM »